Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright, yesterday i was trying to catch an Impish Uxie, but for some weird reason the DPPt finder doesnt display any results =/
I'm using an Impish synch and my data is 14 seconds 606 delay

Whats happening =(?
That is not even enough info for us to help you. Either you typed the data in wrong somewhere like for the date or time, or you are going for a frame over 1000 or something close that is high.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
That is not even enough info for us to help you. Either you typed the data in wrong somewhere like for the date or time, or you are going for a frame over 1000 or something close that is high.
Lets see

Here is the Data:

Seed: 908026b
Delay: 606
Seconds: 14
Date: 2013 07 28
Time: 08:55:14

Nature: Timid
IVs 30/24/30/30/30/30

I'm going for Mesprit so its Method 1

Can you type it in your rng for check it? cause my reporter doesnt display results =/

Lets see

Here is the Data:

Seed: 908026b
Date: 2013 07 28
Time: 08:55:14

Nature: Timid
IVs 30/24/30/30/30/30

I'm going for Mesprit so its Method 1

Can you type it in your rng for check it? cause my reporter doesnt display results =/
I typed it into the seed finder and my found it on 606 delay and 14 seconds like you wanted. I don't what your problem is, maybe a typo.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I typed it into the seed finder and my found it on 606 delay and 14 seconds like you wanted. I don't what your problem is, maybe a typo.
my bad

those arent the Ivs that im searching

these are:

Impish
Seed: f106025a
Offset: 663
PID: 350dde6e
Impish 31/31/30/16/31/31
Uxie Method J

Date: 1996 07 26
Time: 06:45:14

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish/do?

Put this into the initial seed finder?

if so, why?

my bad

those arent the Ivs that im searching

these are:

Impish
Seed: f106025a
Offset: 663
PID: 350dde6e
Impish 31/31/30/16/31/31
Uxie Method J

Date: 1996 07 26
Time: 06:45:14

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why are you doing this? You already have a seed, so searching for a seed seems rather pointless.

Also, 1996? DS date does not go this low, and part of the equation to find initial seed does not handle the negative number that this will produce, so it won't be found to start with.

EDIT: And I find your new one just fine, with a year of 2040 and a delay of 606, method 1 calm, although there is absolutely no reason to actually run this through the time finder at all.

mingot

free agent
No you don't have all the correct info. You have 606 as your max frame searching for something on frame 983. BUT THE POINT IS WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR A SEED WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE A SEED?

If you use the coin flip to check if you hit the right frame can you still hit your desired frame that you want without resetting?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ok, the advancing of wild pokemon with sweet scent has been found out for a while, just may not be in OP.

When turn of the game and turn it back on, if you sweet scent, the pokemons frame would be 2. After you battle one pokemon, the next sweet scent will advance it by +7 of the method 1 frame.

Then there is the turning and walking stuff that advances by 1. When going for an odd frame, just turn once to make it even.
Like 101 would be
101-2 = 99 (sweet scent)
99-1= 98 (turn)
98/2= 48 flips of journal

-Tested Fishing-

Both even and odd delay got me to get frame 4 for the first pokemon caught.
Ohoho, awesome, thanks! :0

So, if I were to need a frame of 45, and I journal flipped to 43, Sweet Scent would work to give me the frame 45 Pokemon? Since I wouldn't be checking for the offset after Sweet Scenting anyways, because I'm trying to hit my particular frame by Sweet Scenting.
All this on Method J, I assume, until after my first Sweet Scent, when I'd have to look at the Method 1 list to find where I landed - but theoretically I wouldn't really have to check anyway if I matched my target frame...? D: Unless I've mixed that up.

Heh, I spent a long while sifting through articles trying to understand the extra calls Method J makes and how its tied back to Method 1. Too bad I'm not very familiar with computer programming :< Though I do think I understand it somewhat. Mmm.

If you use the coin flip to check if you hit the right frame can you still hit your desired frame that you want without resetting?
You use the coin flip to determine if you've hit the right delay. The frame that you'd try to hatch on is a different usage of the term - this frame is not affected by the coin flips after you already generated the egg and saved before you grab it.

Delays are counted in terms of frames-per-second, but for breeding, it's best not to use the same term to mean different things. So for now, for the purposes of breeding and capturing, just think of it as "delay" * u * Or maybe don't pay attention to this tidbit at all if it's more confusing;

Ohoho, awesome, thanks! :0

So, if I were to need a frame of 45, and I journal flipped to 43, Sweet Scent would work to give me the frame 45 Pokemon? Since I wouldn't be checking for the offset after Sweet Scenting anyways, because I'm trying to hit my particular frame by Sweet Scenting.
All this on Method J, I assume, until after my first Sweet Scent, when I'd have to look at the Method 1 list to find where I landed - but theoretically I wouldn't really have to check anyway if I matched my target frame...? D: Unless I've mixed that up.

Heh, I spent a long while sifting through articles trying to understand the extra calls Method J makes and how its tied back to Method 1. Too bad I'm not very familiar with computer programming :< Though I do think I understand it somewhat. Mmm.
Yea if you got to frame 43 then SS, that would be correct. In the lastest version, I don't know if any previous ones have it, the actual frame in method 1 is right next the the method J frame so you can just check there.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Yeah, I have the latest version so know what you're talking about there *_*

Alright, I'll try to capture something today and see if my understanding of it works. Thanks for your help x)

@MinusOne: Nice job, dude. That'll help a lot.

Just one question: your search is based on international parents, or normal egg mode?

mingot

free agent
Just one question: your search is based on international parents, or normal egg mode?
I am quite sure it is based on normal parents, but it will work if you are using international parents too. All shiny PIDs for normal parents are also encountered when using international parents.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
The Shinyfinder worked like a charm. Thanks again, if you see this, Minus. x)

The nationality of the parents doesn't seem to matter anymore. International parents increase your chances of getting a shiny spread you want but they're essentially still spreads you could get technically with a good initial seed, right? And now you're targeting shiny spreads just like you'd target IVs by manipulating the initial seed you get. It's wonderful. *_* Unless my understanding of it is wrong. But omgosh <3

what the hell, i can't seem to get the correct seed after hitting the same delay and second in my calibration 5 out of 30 times

I'm about to tackle how to capture perfect pokemon, and got a question while going through the OP.

GRASS / WATER / CAVES (Where there are wild Pokémon)

- Straight walking will advance the RNG by 1 seed per step.

- Each time you turn around the RNG is advanced by 1 seed.

- Turning and walking (1 step) at the same time advance the RNG by 2 seeds.

- Sweet Scenting in the grass / caves will advance the RNG by 7 seeds. This is includes the calls to generate the monster and the effects of the battle.

- Sweet Scenting in the water will advance the RNG by 8 seeds. This is includes the calls to generate the monster and the effects of the battle.

- Random encounters advance the RNG by 1 seed, but a number of calls are made to create the Pokémon you will battle afterwards. The exact numbers for this and the following need further research.

- Battles makes a large number of RNG calls, but appear to unwind these calls after the battle to either seven or eight calls after the PID/IV generation of the Pokémon you battled.
I'm going for a spread that's on offset 83. Since the pokemon I'm trying to catch comes out in a cave, it starts on frame 2 (since I'll use Sweet Scent). I have a Mesprit running around, so it'll be frame 3. Any corrections would be appreciated if I'm understanding something wrong. So total RNG advancements I would have to make it 80, and using the formula it'll be 40 journal flips. But since it says straight walking will advance the RNG by 1 seed per step, can I just walk 80 steps instead of doing 40 journal taps?

I'm about to tackle how to capture perfect pokemon, and got a question while going through the OP.

I'm going for a spread that's on offset 83. Since the pokemon I'm trying to catch comes out in a cave, it starts on frame 2 (since I'll use Sweet Scent). I have a Mesprit running around, so it'll be frame 3. Any corrections would be appreciated if I'm understanding something wrong. So total RNG advancements I would have to make it 80, and using the formula it'll be 40 journal flips. But since it says straight walking will advance the RNG by 1 seed per step, can I just walk 80 steps instead of doing 40 journal taps?
The best thing you could do is test for yourself. Try on a random seed to hit 83 and if you go under or over, correct it. That looks right for what you have. According to people SS starts at 2 for normal land and in cave, while surfing its 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)