1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LightningFusion

LightningFusion
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It is most likely that he didn't tap enough or tapped to much. Or maybe he entered the wrong IVs or picked the wrong original seed.

Going for 3047 taps :(
  2. Lightsabre

Lightsabre

no, I just found out what was wrong, and I feel so stupid. you have to click generate for every SID/ID combo you insert, so he was looking at MY spreads and trying to get them. he's going for a different spread that's HIS now. thanks for the reply though, and good luck with those taps. I find it nessicary to write down every hundred I get so I don't lose track
  3. OmegaX

OmegaX

It's good to know that it's been figured out, too bad that it isn't as easy to exploit as Emerald but if people can manage to time their button presses down to the miliseconds then there is always hope.
    For those that have Emerald and D/P/Pt they can always get perfect parents on Emerald, pal park and get shiny offspring with a 1 in 4000+ chance of success for quintuple flawless pokemon. That's what I plan to do eventually after breeding the perfect Scizor yet again :P
  4. Sixonesix

Sixonesix
    is a Past SPL Winner

Nothing wrong with being able to get everything by yourself...isn't that how most video games work?
  5. Miltonic

Miltonic

I think, i'll stick with the old fashioned way since I don't like testing my sanity too much lol Resetting this shiny feebas will probably be the last thing I breed since It was always one of my wants and im glad this was discovred.
  6. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

I've done the breed perfect Emerald parents and SR a Platinum shiny twice now, it's really not too difficult, so long as Hidden Powers aren't involved.
  7. justenough215

justenough215

So this does work for all four gen games. I was thinking it might but i never read up to see how the platinum RNG is different from diamond and pearl.
  8. Veedrock

Veedrock

Wait, this works in D/P now? The whole reason I got Platinum was for the RNG .-.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone. It's not appreciated enough.
  9. Syberia

is a Pre-Contributor

Apparently yes, it works in D/P now. There seems to have been some misinformation floating around out there saying that D/P's RNG was different, but it doesn't look like it is.
  10. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

Quick question. I dont have an AR so i dont know my SID and the wireless router i have is blocking the ds(i tried everything to fix it) and i remember reading somewhere that if you catch a shiny pokemon you can find your SID by looking at the IVs and nature. Is it true for chained pokemon?

Emloop can find the SID right?
  11. Jayson

Jayson

Will Honey work the same way as Sweet Scent?
  12. Syberia

is a Pre-Contributor

It is not true for chained pokemon. Chained pokemon calculate a PID based on your ID and SID, so there's really no way to reverse the process without knowing it beforehand. And if you do, there's no point to reversing the process.
  13. Jayson

Jayson

what happens if the coin flip says 0 in the spread?
  14. oddsok

oddsok

You don't flip the coin at all.
  15. Jayson

Jayson

but do you even have to go to the app?
  16. oddsok

oddsok

No you don't have to. Just use the happiness checker app as many times as it says.

EDIT: Sorry. You also have to change the app away from the happiness checker once you are done with it.
  17. Jayson

Jayson

kk, and since hearing that it works on diamond, i tryed it, and all of the IV sets on the RNG reporter come out to 0/0/0/0/0/0..... I was like "WUT?!?" can someone help me with this awell?
  18. Bozo

Bozo

when changing from one poketch application to another, does that affect the RNG advancement? ie, does it stuff up if i have a different number of apps between the happiness one and the coin one?

also if you click the happiness one once (not double click) does that change anything?
  19. oddsok

oddsok

First question: No.

Not sure about the second.

@Monarch: Ignore the IVs, they don't mean anything.
  20. Jigo

Jigo

hey guys, I'm just trying this out for the first time, so sorry about this question.

does the double-click on the happiness app count as 1 click or 2? I'm assuming it's one.
  21. oddsok

oddsok

Just the one.
  22. =Jonny=

=Jonny=

I need someone to help me making tests on the NRNG. MUST HAVE A SAVE IN FRONT OF CRESSELIA. whoever wants to help can add me on msn for details. thanks.

EDIT :nevermind. just found 3 volunteers.
  23. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

After using the happiness checker, you must switch to another app. Going in/out of a building, the PC, or flying will automatically trigger it if you're on it; to avoid it, switch to another app after using it.
  24. Shinymilotic13

Shinymilotic13

Right I don't get this. This is what I did.

5 pokemon in party, Roselia with sweet scent, Poke thing on number 5 before happiness, nothing in day care, saved on a patch of grass below Solaceon and then saved and turned off.

Reset and turned on the IV check using TM code on AR. I write down the time I press continue which was 11:16.
    I used sweet scent caught a Bibarel with the nature and IVs of:

Serious
    8/8/18/27/25/11

I opened up RNG reporter and click the >> and put in the date and time and the nature and IVs.

I selected one of the spreads/seed w/e and the delay was 636.
    I chose Platinum PID (normal) inputted
    ID:18441
    Secret ID:63704
    Ticked Shiny egg
    Then I clicked generate and found this spread

Timid
    Offset:147
    Happiness taps:11
    Coin taps:2

I did the taps, and changed my poke thing app to day care (9) rode my bike to the day care, went into pc, put all pokemon except my milotic into pc, withdrew a female tyranitar, a male snorlax (both in the monster breeding group) put them in daycare, rode bike like 50 steps and an egg appeared. I went back, saved in front of the man, turned off my game, put AR code hatch eggs fast on, recieved the egg and hatched it and recieved a docile non shiny larvitar. What did I do wrong?
  25. Massi

Massi

Maybe you forgot to do the Coin Flips?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)