Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

My ID and SID were checked loads of times, it was 11:16 AM, I made the game time exact as a world clock, write down the second I pressed continue, I didn't mis-calculate the taps, and yes I double tapped the Happiness checker so all the Pokemon jump up.

Was the date correct?

Also, you don't need the seconds.

All I can think of other than that is maybe you read your AR wrong? (Don't they go in a weird order or something?)

Were either of your parents holding an everstone?

Neither parents were holding an everstone, and yes the AR makes the ivs in HP ATT DEF SPE SPA SPD but I just took the speed iv and put spa and spd and the put spe at the end. Also I didn't use seconds, I said I

Write down the second I pressed continue

Basically meaning the very second I pressed continue I write down the hour and minute. I believe the date was the 10th of april and it said like this
Month Day
04 10

So I don't think I got that wrong. Also I kept resetting over and over after catching the pokemon as most seeds were like 2000 delay. Its the third time I've got a number of taps I can actually do but the egg that hatched was normal. ( I did a 1257 taps on Happiness Checker and didn't even get a good IV non shiny.)
Well with 1257 taps its highly likely you miss counted if it didn't work.

Also, are you turning the game fully off and are you catching a new Poke each time?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Did you have to put the caught poke in the PC before doing taps?
No

On a somewhat related note you can do this while the old man still has an egg. So if you forgot to take the parents out of the daycare, you can still make it. Just refuse the egg and replace the parents with your desired parents. It'll work as normal.

No

On a somewhat related note you can do this while the old man still has an egg. So if you forgot to take the parents out of the daycare, you can still make it. Just refuse the egg and replace the parents with your desired parents. It'll work as normal.
Yeah, as long as the egg is created before you start up, because if it is created while you go through the steps the IRNG will advance by one giving undesired results if not taken into account.

I'm having a little trouble in getting the RNG Reporter. I click then link, but nothing loads, I just get an error. I asked thetorsoboy, and he said he could get it on, so I thought it may just be me.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, I guess that wasn't much to go on. Here's a picture of the page I get.

Hopefully that's a bit more useful. :]

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm having a little trouble in getting the RNG Reporter. I click then link, but nothing loads, I just get an error. I asked thetorsoboy, and he said he could get it on, so I thought it may just be me.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong? Thanks for any help.
Really strange, could you try once more? You're the second person to have trouble reaching the site when most can so it's a little troublesome. Worse case I will get some secondary hosting for the program file later today.

Really strange, could you try once more? You're the second person to have trouble reaching the site when most can so it's a little troublesome. Worse case I will get some secondary hosting for the program file later today.
Nope, nothing, sorry. I tried another computer as well, to see if it was just my laptop that had something blocking it, but that didn't work either.

If you could get a secondary host, that'd be great, thanks. :]

some intersting discoveries:

- Cresselia is generated by simple method 1 as any other roaming pokemon.
-Her offset is always 5
-if any other roaming pokemon is moving on the map chances are her offset is 6
-This makes cresselia one of the easiest pokemon to s-reset once RNG Reporter includes a time finder app for method 1 spreads ... ( It will soon..)

- walking 128 steps makes the NRNG advance a number of frames equal to the number of pokemon in your party...this is now confirmed thanks to Pokerealm sukecchi.

-when the journal shows before you start the game it'll advance the initial seed by 2 for each page flipped if it contains a recorded battle or a caught/fought pokemon

Thanks to : Sukecchi, Pokerealm and Vliegtuig for helping me test this

I have a quick question on how to exploit this. Is it neccessary to have a pokemon with sweet scent, or does it mess up your results when you don't have it? because I want to finish up a breed and make it shiny but I don't know if I absolutely Need sweet scent. Also, I do need 6 pokemon in my party when I do the taps, right? And the steps are the same in D/P?

I have a quick question on how to exploit this. Is it neccessary to have a pokemon with sweet scent, or does it mess up your results when you don't have it? because I want to finish up a breed and make it shiny but I don't know if I absolutely Need sweet scent. Also, I do need 6 pokemon in my party when I do the taps, right? And the steps are the same in D/P?
1. You don't need Sweet Scent, just walk around.
2. Yes, the caught Pokemon being the 6th party member.
3. Yes, they are =)

Is it possible to do this on diamond?

Edit: Never mind i just saw the first post

Edit: is there a japanese rng finder thing or one that doesn't have to be downloaded?

You can catch it and save and try again because mesprit's PID and IVs have already been created from when you hit a to make it start running. You can't use it to find out your starting seed.

hey, now I'm really confused. I had five pokemon in my party, one pokemon(parent) in the day care, and was saved in a patch of grass with the fith app on. I watched the time carefully and typed in the time that I went on. I caught a startavia and entered the IVs and nature. I clicked generate and it brought up a naive nature that was in 0 double taps and 0 coin flips, it said that I shouldn't switch to the happieness checker so I ran up to the day care and put the other parent in. I ran around until he had an egg, I saved, and I got the egg........it was bashfull normal. what did I do wrong? if it matters this was on Diamond not platinum

I think you must switch to the happiness checker and to the coin flip even if you mustn´t tap the happiness checker or the coin flip.

That's funny. I think the only thing that might have happened is putting in the wrong info into the RNG generator because it sounds like you did everything correct.

Edit: Honchkrow, that might be it. Then means the shiny was like frame 13 I believe.

Yeah Lightning, you're right. I checked again, and saw that I forgot to click shiny only :/ I really wish the stupid mistakes would stop.

Yeah Lightning, you're right. I checked again, and saw that I forgot to click shiny only :/ I really wish the stupid mistakes would stop.
That doesn't matter, if it says it would be Naive, and it was Bashful, it must've been something else. Checking Shiny Only or not doesn't matter.

I have no clue what the heck I'm doing wrong. I just followed exactly the instructions on the first page, but I got a normal colored pokemon. what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)