1. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. TEST 101

TEST 101

They mess up with your delay...turns em odd/even
  2. Shawk

Shawk

Yeah they do. If you always hit even delays, you'll be hitting odd delays with a GBA game or if you always hit odd delays, you'll hit even ones.

fuck you test... :p
  3. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ok so if my delay is 604 the GBA Game would change it to 603?
    EDIT: Lol Shawk XD
  4. TEST 101

TEST 101

You dirty dirty mouthed young man, you should be ashamed for swearing to a girl and getting beated by her in Brawl and responding first!
  5. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes, they do. They change the delays from odd to even (and vice versa).
  6. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ok thanks, they also advance the frame by 1 correct?
  7. Shawk

Shawk

I don't think so... Just changes your delay.
  8. pablens28

pablens28

ppl why does my delay go so low? my target is 600 in 14 sec with 12 of frame, i always hit my frame and secs but my delay gos from 580 to 590
  9. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ok since they change your Delay then what year do you put?
    Like im trying for a Delay of 604
    So i would use the Year of Delay 605?
  10. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Has anyone done (or is planning to do) research on PID generation of WonderCard Pokémon? Since Egg PIDs are generated separately from IVs, and we managed to figure them out, I would expect it to be possible to figure out the PID generation of WonderCard Pokémon as well. It would obviously be an immense help with RNGing WonderCard Pokémon.
  11. Shravan

Shravan

So, I've been trying this with eggs for while, and I have been having trouble hitting my delay. How would I hit my delay? Is it based on luck or something? Because I always hit the seconds but I'm not sure how to hit my delay.

And in Legend abuse, you have to change years to hit the correct delay, but how do you know what delay you are hitting? Can someone experienced answer this please. I also hear that you have to mash the "A" button to get the egg before NPCs move, is this true? Because in solaceon town I can never hit it before either the bunneary or the cowgirl walk, or do you just have to hit the A button as quickly as you can?

I really want to learn to RNG abuse

~Shravan
  12. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Everyone's delay naturally varies because of human error while mashing the A button. More skilled RNGabusers have more consistent delays. However, just write down each delay you get and look for a pattern. My pattern is that I usually hit 598 on plat. When writing my delays down it might look like this...

etc...

If you'll notice, I hit 598 about 50% of the time, so as long as I make that the delay I'm shooting for, I'll hit my delay about 50% of the time (not bad odds).

However, when you're searching for a time and date to abuse, it'll probably give you some other delay. What you need to do is "fiddle" with the year you'll be abusing in and it'll change your Delay up and down till you get the exact delay you want.
  13. Weaevil

Weaevil

Oke, Iv been RNGing all legends from platinum succesfully and getting pretty good at it. now i want to do the roaming legendary birds but here is the thing.

I dont understand how i can RNG for 3 different sets of stats and nature for the 3 different birds. would i basically have to go for a very good stat spread and than synch the natures? i mean if i hit my seed and than my frame and release the birds i dont figure theyll all have the same IV spreads right? so how does this work? and how can this be manipulated for all three? or is it. hit the seed. release, hit your frame than catch? i know the 3 will release on different frames. however since the frame separation is of the birds isnt that big. how can i ensure that by catching one i dont go over the frame of the other? i dont even know which is which frame. its seems undoable to me.

i dont know if this has been asked before. iv tried using the search option in the thread but it didnt help me much with my questions. so thx in advance for answering.
  14. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

The first thing u have to do is simply look for a spread of any bird you want. Let´s suppose you star with moltres. Moltres frame is always 1. So simply save in front of professor Oak and try to hit the correct delay. After this, advance your frame (don´t fprget to substract 1 from your target frame), then talk to Oak and this will release the birds. Then, you can simply catch your moltres. If you encounter the other birds, kill them!
    You have to kill all of them. After this, re-do the elite 4. Then you can continue with zapdos or articuno. As you already have caught moltres, zapdos frame will get 6 now. So you have to look for a desired spread, save in front of oak, hit the correct delay, advance the frame again, talk to him to release the remaining birds and catch zapdos. If you encounter articuno, you also have to kill it (you always have to kill the other birds you´re not looking for). Then re-do elite-4 again. Articunos frame will be 11 now so repeat the progress as mentioned above.
  15. Weaevil

Weaevil

oke seeing as trying to encounter a legendary bird means walking in and out of a town a lot doesnt that mean i will advance the frame even more? or doesnt that matter seeing as i hit the frame before i talked to oak so the IVs and nature are set? another question. to find the spreads with time finder do I use method 1 or J in this case?
  16. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Administrator

Have you seen this:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#birdspre

17. The Mole

The Mole

The Ranger Manaphy Egg, I have AR'd me one of these to test doing wonder card stuff. I have twice hit my delay needed to get the 31/13/31/31/31/31 spread.

Upon hatching egg both times, I have got adamant nature, which coincides with the nature RNG reporter lists it as.

Question is, have I just produced a pure fluke by hatching it adamant nature twice, or does Ranger Manaphy's nature matched to what is listed in RNG Reporter? (I hope that makes sense)
  18. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Ranger Manaphy eggs are not like other Wonder Cards in that they are pure Method 1 (i.e. the nature matches what's in RNG Reporter).
  19. The Mole

The Mole

Thanks for clearing that up :) Now I feel like an ass now :p
  20. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Administrator

Thanks, Eep, this is probably something I should document. The only other rub with this, that I can think of, is that the ARNG will get called to make these NOT shiny, should a user choose a spread that is. I have been doing some updates to the guides so I will put this one on the todo list.
  21. cantab

cantab

When is the spread set for Cresselia? Is it when I speak to it on Fullmoon Island, or some other time?
  22. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

This could be interesting. Could we get some strange spreads on Manaphy by deliberately invoking the ARNG, I wonder?

When you speak to it. Starting frame of 5.
  23. mingot

mingot free agent

Have you seen this:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#method1

Yes, but just a single different PID (nature) for each of the spreads. The replacement PID is calculated by doing this bit of math on the PID that RNG Reporter reports, as many times as necessary, until the Pokemon is NOT shiny:

pid = pid * 0x6c078965 + 1;
  24. TEST 101

TEST 101

Really? Hot!

If I have a spread with two natures Modest/Timid in my case, is there a equal chance an getting them, or does one Nature come before the other? (without sync.)
  25. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

Test those would have two different seeds.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)