Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well the last time I had tried emloop the first time I had a delay in the 1000's but I messed that up and just left it alone so I assumed the problem was just me. Though this is the first time I made it to the adjusted delay stage. I don't really know the difference between delays of 1000's and 2000's. But would you suggest that an emloop beginner like me would benefit more from a delay of 1000's (maybe hit that even much better)?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well the last time I had tried emloop the first time I had a delay in the 1000's but I messed that up and just left it alone so I assumed the problem was just me. Though this is the first time I made it to the adjusted delay stage. I don't really know the difference between delays of 1000's and 2000's. But would you suggest that an emloop beginner like me would benefit more from a delay of 1000's (maybe hit that even much better)?
I would suggest you use one of the spreads in the wondercard article that can be adjusted down to your normal delay.

Well I'll do down a lot more, but unfortunately those spreads don't give me enough time to get to the continue screen after I SR. But I found some useful spreads.

I have an AR that I would like to use to check the IV's of my egg/pokes when trying to reset for IV's. But how do I keep the code active when soft resetting?

Instead of soft resetting, you will need to simply wait on the AR screen and hit start game at the correct time. This likely will push your seconds up to 16-17. I use 60.4 seconds instead of 60, which guarantees me that I always hit 17 seconds. Then I am able to use my IV check codes when I enter the game.

What do you mean find your numbers again? Like do calibration again? Yeah that may help. And your egg will be the same as it was, you can leave it there as long as you like.

For different games, is it possible that one on one game might not work for another game? Like if can get a delay on the seed generator on one game, but not the other, does that mean it's impossible to get it?

Can someone help? I thought that all spreads in Method 1 have equivalents in Method J, with the same initial seed, just a different frame. The Method 1 spread that I found is what is this, (Seed: eb0f0b38 Frame: 372), but I cannot find it in Method J.

I am having the worst time with my diamond. I have done calibration for my wondercard so many times, and nothing will register in the seed finder. It can't find anything for the ivs I put in (and I've done it like 10 times already). I even took down the auto journal and nothing.

If you are trying to calibrate on the Wondercard, your problems are that Wondercard Pokemon have their nature generated separately from their IVs. So to calibrate, you'll need to enter the stats, and then try for EVERY nature until you get a hit. You're probably better to calibrate on a wild poke or static legendary.

"Can someone help? I thought that all spreads in Method 1 have equivalents in Method J, with the same initial seed, just a different frame. The Method 1 spread that I found is what is this, (Seed: eb0f0b38 Frame: 372), but I cannot find it in Method J."

You thought wrong. All method J spreads are method 1 spreads, but not vice-versa.

No you want to calibrate with ivs rather than stats. And my problem is that even with every nature, Nothing is turning up. Are there any contributing factors involved in using the seed finder successfully?

I need some help with RNG catching lol

I've found a spread in the "DPPt Capture" tab, remembered the frame number, clicked "Generate Times", changed the year to get a better delay, selected a time from the list (in "Seed to Times/Adjacent Finder"), and clicked generate. So, what exactly do I do from there to get the Pokemon? I'm in the lower menu of Seed to Times/Adjacent Finder, with the seed, date, time, delay, and flip sequence. Is it like RNG breeding from here?

What I've been doing is this: Try to hit the delay, then use the coin flip app and see if it matches the flip sequence. I've done that a few times and the coin flip results have never been any of the 10 delay/flip combinations within the range given (I'm pretty much never outside of even the 6 or so margin of delay when I RNG breed). So am I doing something wrong?

Edit, another question: How do I set/change the Pokemon I encounter? lol

How do I set/change the Pokemon I encounter?
You can't. The Encouter slot is set on that frame and the only chance to encouter a different pokemon is to go for a different frame.

If you want to know which seed and delay you actually hit you can catch a pokemon and calculate it's IVs and look for your Seed in RNG Reporter.
(Just the same when you breed)
You can see your delay then.
So you can actually know much you're off your target delay.

timetwister: Can someone help? I thought that all spreads in Method 1 have equivalents in Method J, with the same initial seed, just a different frame. The Method 1 spread that I found is what is this, (Seed: eb0f0b38 Frame: 372), but I cannot find it in Method J.
If it doens't show up in Method J/K use a synchronizer with your desired nature as your first pokemon. ( I know you have some:P). And actually it should show up. Won't work in every case but give it a try, it works sometimes. Works actually for both, Method J and K.

No you want to calibrate with ivs rather than stats. And my problem is that even with every nature, Nothing is turning up. Are there any contributing factors involved in using the seed finder successfully?
Well you can actually do both, if you ask me. Well enter the right Time when you hit A at the continue Screen is an important factor. Also take care of entering the right IVs and right nature. Also the character of the pokemon(likes to trash about, etc...) should be entered right in order to make the seed appear. Or maybe I'm getting your problem wrong but this is how I understood it.

mingot: I would suggest you use one of the spreads in the wondercard article that can be adjusted down to your normal delay.
Actually if you ask me it is always easier to go for a higher delay than for a high frame. Don't know who said that but he/she was damn right about it. I could hit yesterday the ridiculous delay of 4081 only to notice that my synchronizer didn't work on the desired spread which didn't appear in Method K. Sure was frustrating. lol

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually if you ask me it is always easier to go for a higher delay than for a high frame. Don't know who said that but he/she was damn right about it. I could hit yesterday the ridiculous delay of 4081 only to notice that my synchronizer didn't work on the desired spread which didn't appear in Method K. Sure was frustrating. lol
Yeah, except I was not saying he had to go for a high frame. There were spreads with frames near 200, so going for a high delay was pretty much pointless when he had already monopolized the last 3 or 4 *pages* of the thread having problems with and asking questions about... hitting a high delay.

Frame advancement in HG/SS

I dare say this has been asked before, but I've searched and not found any real answers. Is there a more reliable way to advance the RNG in HG/SS other than walking 128 steps with the desired number of Pokemon in your party? I calibrate every legend before searching for it and typically its Frame 3 on Method K (with the exception of Zapdos who for some reason was frame 4...) I've overcome it for the most part by keeping Frame 3 with using really high delays in to 3-4-5000's.

I've come unstuck now with a Calm natured Shiny Articuno with HP Grass 70, the spread I want is on frame 5, with the absence of the coin flip app I cannot verify my seed so I'm having to waste alot of time walking 128 steps each time before encountering the bird to find out if its shiny or not. Any input would be appreciated.

I need some help with RNG catching lol

I've found a spread in the "DPPt Capture" tab, remembered the frame number, clicked "Generate Times", changed the year to get a better delay, selected a time from the list (in "Seed to Times/Adjacent Finder"), and clicked generate. So, what exactly do I do from there to get the Pokemon? I'm in the lower menu of Seed to Times/Adjacent Finder, with the seed, date, time, delay, and flip sequence. Is it like RNG breeding from here?

What I've been doing is this: Try to hit the delay, then use the coin flip app and see if it matches the flip sequence. I've done that a few times and the coin flip results have never been any of the 10 delay/flip combinations within the range given (I'm pretty much never outside of even the 6 or so margin of delay when I RNG breed). So am I doing something wrong?

Edit, another question: How do I set/change the Pokemon I encounter? lol

To abuse wild pokemon is pretty similar to abusing IVs in breeding and it seems that you're doing everything that I've been doing, search for a target frame then search for target reset times and a target date. I'm assuming you know when to reset to hit your target time and how fast to tap the "A" button to accurately hit your delay, and I just found this out yesterday that you should search different years to try and increase/decrease your target delay to a common delay that you've found that you hit during your calibration phase. To change which pokemon you encounter choose a different seed which will change the encounter slots numbers. The final thing you can do is to calculate the journal flips required to do to hit your target frame and this can change in the calculation part of it if your target frame is even or odd, and one last thing is to be patient and keep trying and you'll eventually get your prized pokemon.

mingot

free agent
To change which pokemon you encounter choose a different seed which will change the encounter slots numbers.
Not usually necessary.

When you generate (using a single seed) more often than not, there will be multiple frames containing the same spread. Each of of these may contain a different pokemon. So, before finding a new seed (which can be time consuming, and perhaps impossible) it is always better to check each frame.

Is there a more reliable way to advance the RNG in HG/SS other than walking 128 steps with the desired number of Pokemon in your party? .
Short answer is no.

Long answer is that people are working on it.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I dare say this has been asked before, but I've searched and not found any real answers. Is there a more reliable way to advance the RNG in HG/SS other than walking 128 steps with the desired number of Pokemon in your party? I calibrate every legend before searching for it and typically its Frame 3 on Method K (with the exception of Zapdos who for some reason was frame 4...) I've overcome it for the most part by keeping Frame 3 with using really high delays in to 3-4-5000's.

I've come unstuck now with a Calm natured Shiny Articuno with HP Grass 70, the spread I want is on frame 5, with the absence of the coin flip app I cannot verify my seed so I'm having to waste alot of time walking 128 steps each time before encountering the bird to find out if its shiny or not. Any input would be appreciated.
Doesn't the area where Articuno is contain wild Pokemon? You can advance the RNG by taking individual steps, then. And even if not, I think that water might.

Just save four steps away from Articuno and walk there. Catch a few sample Articunos to make sure that their Method K frames are frame 5, in case I'm wrong. If not, adjust your steps.

Do you have the ability to unlock the two roamers (Entei and Raikou) again? If so, release them, then walk 1 step to directly in front of Articuno. I've noticed they seem to advance the RNG by 2 each.

Do coin flips advance RNG when trying to catch wild pokes?
No.

Sorry to post again so quickly, but if a journal page says both poke was defeated, and has a trade message, it will still only advance RNG by one, right?

Sorry to post again so quickly, but if a journal page says both poke was defeated, and has a trade message, it will still only advance RNG by one, right?
No if it has a Caught or Defeated Pokemon on it will advance the Frame by 2, it doesnt matter if theres anything else on that Page but if it Says Caught or Defeated Poke then it advances by 2

I started to map out a bit of the radio for the Heart Gold and Soul Silver RNG so maybe some of you can try out if it is useful. Written only some of them down, too lazy as I memorized the times I'm using already.xD in some areas the radio can be quite useful for HG&SS and it's not completely random so I mapped out some stuff.
If I find the time, maybe I'll do it complete but for now here's something for testing purpose. Posting it here since basically no one follows the RNG Research Thread and I want to profit everyone from it. I use that at least^^

Some background information:
The frame advancement of the radio depends on the time of the clock. Sometimes if you are on a random channel(means a channel with random frame advancement) even without switching at all your frame might advance. So avoid Random stations. I mapped them out.

+X means the last channel you tapped before you left the radio screen. When you enter it again, the frame will advance by the same amount if you didn't switch the radio off.

The fat ones are the one I recommend to use. Normally don' use the random ones.

Radio

Monday

00:00- 01:00 AM
Switching on with no station on -nothing
Switching on after tapping a radio station: +X
Right Top 13-16 (Don't use that)
Right Bottom 1
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom 3

02:00
Right Bottom Nothing
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom 3
Right Top 14

03:00-04:00 AM
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom Random
Right Bottom 1
Right Top Random
________
05:00
DON'T USE AT ALL.
06:00
Left Top Nothing
Right Top Random
Left Bottom Random
Right Bottom 1
________
07:00 AM
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom
Right Bottom 1
Right Top Random
08:00 AM
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom 3
Right Bottom Nothing
Right Top Random
09:00 AM
Right Bottom 1
Left Bottom 3
Left Top Nothing
Right Top Random
10:00 AM
DON'T USE AT ALL.
16:00- 18:00 AM (my preffered one since this is when I come home, I always use this one)
Right Top 13-16 (Random, don't tap will screw up your frames)
Right Bottom 1
Left Top Nothing
Left Bottom 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)