1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. flygon123

flygon123

To hatch perfect pokemon, do I have to have the parents have the IVs that I want?
  2. TEST 101

TEST 101

No but it's a good idea to have a few good stats as the baby inherits 2-4...Usaly 3 IV from either parent.
  3. pikachu25

pikachu25

@ Stromberg: Yes, reset your game and look for spreads with that new seed.

@ Despotar: It can be manythings, but it is probably that you have a roamer out that you forgot to account for.

@ flygon123: They have to have a few of the IVs you want, but they don't have to be flawless themselves. See the breeding guide linked to on the first page for more details. EDIT: Beaten.
  4. Metal Gods

Metal Gods

Never mind i found it.
  5. Despotar

Despotar

I hit a frame of 18 instead of 15, NPC moving?
    EDIT: My friend (Master Of Puppets) thinks this may be affecting my frame.
    Would cress zapdos Articuno's Moltres and Mesbrite wandering affect it?
  6. gamer22

gamer22

Okey thanks and yeah i know how different spreads can be hit on different years
  7. Despotar

Despotar

COuld I please get this answered quick? lol
  8. Newts

Newts

Yes each wandering Pokemon will advance your initial frame by 1 each.

EDIT: Just a quickie, can someone point me in the direction of the mapped out radio advancements for HGSS. Having a hard time with my Latios due to all the NPCs in Pewter City

EDIT 2: Never mind, I just hit my seed, timed 42 seconds after the game started and I got frame 112, unfortunatley the spread I wanted is on either frame 111 or 113 haha... what bad luck.
  9. Cool Ivysaur

Cool Ivysaur

Is there a way to affect the swarms on platinum?Or they 're random?
    Let's say i want a jolly natu on 4/4/2010 and i get another poke swarming.Is there a way to change that according to my needs?

Edit:Thanks riddlinkid!
  10. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

Save in front of the girl in sandgem, change the DS clock to 23:59. Go in game (before the day changes), wait until 00:00, then talk to her. If it's not your swarm pokemon, save, change the clock to 23:59 again, and repeat. Once you get your target as the swarm, you can change the date and clock as you please, just make sure you do not allow the clock to change from 23:59 to 00:00 or it will switch again.
  11. Cool Ivysaur

Cool Ivysaur

On the RNG reporter which ability is Synchronize(0 or 1).
    Is there a chart that lists the abilities and their respective numbers?
  12. Devii

Devii

I'm having hard time finding this spread in method J:
    a6140265, 3065, b4c7865b, , Naive, 1, 31, 22, 31, 30, 30, 31, Ground, 70.
    Does it mean that this spread does not exist at all for method J? Or am I doing something wrong?

I use the seed "a6140265" and generate a naive nature in method J and that spread doesn't show up anywhere, even if I use 99999+ results.
  13. Despotar

Despotar

Oh. jeez. SO MUCH TIME WASTEDDDDD! xD
    Thanks you soo much!
  14. riddlinkid

riddlinkid

It's coming up just fine for me. Frames 3048, 3050, 3054, 3060, 3062, and 3064.
  15. Devii

Devii

Thanks for the help, I saw what I did wrong now. I forgot to put up synchronizer's nature ^^;
  16. Despotar

Despotar

If I do 4 flips, and their are 4 wandering legends, could I do 2 flips?
    Would it work?
    EDIT: I have been trying this and spreads aren't showing up in adjacent results..
  17. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Straight from the guide that you should be using to do this:

Ability

Pokémon may have two possible abilities, one of which is often preferred. The "Ability" option is used to allow you to filter results based on the ability. As RNG Reporter does not know the Pokémon you are capturing, it simply requests the ability as "0", "1", or "Any". When the "Any" option is selected, all results will be returned, regardless of ability. When either "0" or "1" are selected only results with that particular ability will be returned. To convert these numbers to an actual ability, click the "Dex / IV Check" button in RNG Reporter and select the Pokémon you are capturing. Additionally, there is an online listing for Pokemon with multiple abilities in X-Act's article on PID Creation. Legendary Pokémon will only have one ability, so the default option or "Any" should be left selected.
  18. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

Hello

I have a question about the HG/SS RNG. I found my seconds and delay according to the DPPt guide, which is 13/490. I then searched:

http://dppt.x-treem.nl/?pagina=zoeken&zoeken=&hp=31&atk=31&def=31&spatk=31&spdef=31&speed=31&type=

and I have found seed: d2140289

I have some questions.

1. I am going to try to abuse for Raikou, and I would like to know whether the seed found on that site is DPPt specific or if it can be used for HG/SS.

2. My delay is 490. In the seed to time function, the furthest year the DS can go up to is 2099. So I put that in. The delay dropped only to 550. If this spread is viable, then how can I possibly hit it.

3. If I save in the room where the dogs are, then are there any wandering NPCs to affect the frame? I am unsure, but does Eusine come down to the basement before you release the dogs or after since I do not want any NPCs to affect the frame.
  19. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

One more question.

In RNG reporter, I used the IVs to PID, and it came up with a seed:

C69FB838

When I clicked generate, on Frame 1 was the Flawless pokemon I wanted. My question is, how do I get this seed? In seed to time it said "This seed is invalid, please verify that you have entered it correctly and try again". I need to hit this seed. Its Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 and would make HG/SS RNG a lot easier. Also would this even work? Should'nt the target frame be:

1-1-0=0

RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

How would one hit frame 0? Its impossible.
  20. Despotar

Despotar

Just wanted to post this..
    I got the same IVs twice in a row! o.0
    (not the spread I was aiming for!)
  21. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

I seem to remember people saying something about either the Enigma Crystal, or in game, lati having some weird frame issues. Something about it randomly switching between 6, 7, and 8 or something. Does anybody know which it is, or if this was cleared up somewhere? I got my "ingame" latias on the first time I hit my seed, so I might have just gotten lucky, but I'm about to download the Enigma Crystal and get my Latios and I just want to be prepared if it starts doing something weird...

Also. What town is the Mining Musem in again? Oh, and I assume the Enigma Crystal Latias is method K cuz it's just standing there right (at least it looks that way in the pictures)?

[edit]
    Mt. Silver Champion. Hey, about Raikou, I got a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Timid HP I 70 Raikou (and a matching Entei later ^.^).

1) You can use that seed you listed, but even if you put the year to 2099 (the max in your DS) the delay would still be 550 (as low as you can get it). That said, lots of people use a program called "Emloop" that is linked in the OP to hit those high delays. It's a little online timer that will help you wait the exact amount of seconds needed to hit it. However, I'm too lazy for that, so if you need, I've got quite a few good spreads that have the 490ish delay range now (and even step by step on how I got Raikou).

2) Oh, yeah, discussed above. :P

3) There are NO Moving NPCs down there. Eusine comes down after, but that's when the dogs have already been released. He doesn't count. Ther ARE however NPCs upstairst that will throw you off.

4) Don't know bud. :P

Let me know if you need any help with Raikou. The trick seems to be (at least in my experience) either using the radio to advance by 1-3ish per "detune" or if you have a crazy high frame then using Sweet Scents to advance by 25-90ish to get there faster. Problem is, sweet scenting gives you different advancements on different seeds, so you have to figure out what works for you on your specific seed.
  22. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

So let me get this straight, the frame will be advanced due to the actions of Eusine and Morty even though they are on the floor above? If one saves on the floor with the dogs then will the NPCs movements affect the frame?
  23. Newts

Newts

Its Pewter City in Kanto and yes method K, I'm guessing the reason frames were jumping around for certain people is because there ARE randomly moving NPCs in the city. So hitting my shiny Timid spread of 27/27/31/31/28/31 is taking alot longer than anticipated.....
  24. locoghoul

locoghoul

After succesfully RNG abusing for 3 weeks now, it seems my seconds went from 14 to 15 but my delay is still the same (597). Is there a reason for this?
  25. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

I apologize. I worded that strangely. What I meant is that if you save upstairs there will be NPCs that will throw you off. However, as long as you save downstairs you do not have to worry about any NPCs.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)