1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. cantab

cantab

You're resetting too late. Possibly your external clock is a bit unreliable, or your mis-synchronising clocks.
  2. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

My final questions. I said before my delay was 490. But I was getting 606 in Platinum. I would reset 14 seconds before the minute, and I would get my delay. Say, if the HG/SS RNG runs at the same rate as the DPPt one, then could'nt I just try to use a date when that seed would appear on the 606 delay. That would make it a lot easier than using emloop.Especially since I will transfer my save to computer to use Kazo's software to find my frame. My final question, if I do it on a emulator, and then transfer my save back to my cartridge would it still be legitimate? I don't want to go to VGC 2010 just to be told I can't use my Pokemon.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It runs at the same rate, but the "Press Start" text appears earlier in HGSS. That's why the delays are a little shorter.

Your Pokemon will still be legitimate, by VGC standards. However, if you're using an AR to transfer saves from an actual cartridge, I would be wary. If you're just using a flashcart and then trading the Pokemon over to a fresh cartridge, then it would be okay. (Clarification: Don't use the cartridge you used with the AR in the VGC.)
  4. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Above Route 206 is the Cycling Road, do the NPC's that move on it affect the frame? I know there not on the same route but there visable on the screen.....
  5. Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle

******Edit: Never mind, see below.

I've done the shiny egg thing several times before, but this is the first time I tried to use the DPPt Shiny Egg tab in RNG Reporter. I SRed until I hit my seconds and delay, did the ten coin flips to verify my seed, then I did the additional coin flips and happiness taps that it said, but when I hatched the egg it wasn't what I was expecting. It was only two taps and two more flips, so I know I didn't miscount. What else could I have done wrong? I had six pokemon in my party when I was flipping and tapping. The other way you start with five and then catch one to check the seed, so that should be right, eh? What am I missing?
  6. Mercury

Mercury

Hiya!
    I am planning on RNGing for a Shiny Ralts, male, but I am not sure how to tell what the gender will be. Like I know which nature I am getting, and which ability, but how do I tell the gender?
  7. Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle

Okay, I tried it again, and not only did I still not get what I was expecting, I didn't even get the same thing as last time, which I totally don't understand. I was 38 frames later than I should have been. The only thing I can think of is that I was doing my taps/flips inside the daycare. Should that matter? This is in Platinum, btw.
  8. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

The answer to the ability question is right above :)

And for gender's, Pokemon have different gender ratios so heres an example
    Togekiss
    And heres its Percentages
    87.5 Male
    12.5 F
    Example Seed from RNG Reporter
    50% 12.5% 25% 75%
    F M F F
    So the Togekiss would be male ok?
    EDIT: To check Gender Ratios i would use Bulbapedia but im pretty sure theres a Thread on it here somewhere....
  9. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

What seed is the egg on? What is the frame you are aiming for?

Also, what is the delay\date\time of that seed?
  10. Mercury

Mercury

Oh...I think I get it. But what if the Pokemon had 50% chance of both? How would you know the gender then?
  11. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Well then if the RNG Reporter Said 50% M then it would be Male or vice versa for Female.... (Someone correct me if im wrong though XD)
  12. Mercury

Mercury

But what if it said 75% female? lol

Nvm...Lol. I get it.
  13. Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle

The seed is D113025F. 19:51:14 12-12-2009 Delay is 598, frame is 49, and should yield a Jolly whatever. I didn't check which frame I hit the first time I messed up but it was Adamant. Second time I hit frame 87, Mild. Checked the PID, I'm sure that's the frame I hit.

Here's exactly what I did. I started out with six pokemon in my party, including the two parents. I saved with the Coin Flip app showing, inside the daycare. I reset and did my time and everything. When I got into the game I confirmed my seed with the ten coin flips. It checked out, so I did the two additional flips that the DPPt Shiny Egg tab said I needed, then flipped to the Happiness Checker app and did the two taps it said I needed there. Then I talked to the lady and deposited the parents, ran around until the guy had an egg, saved, accepted and hatched the egg.

I've done it before the other way where you catch a pokemon to check the seed, but this is new to me and I'm probably just messing up, but I have no idea where.
  14. Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle

Never mind, I feel like such a douche. I was doing something else in another game file a couple days ago and still had my ID/SID from that game entered into RNG Reporter :lol: I knew I was just doing something stupid. Thanks anyway, if you hadn't asked for all that info I might not have caught it.
  15. Despotar

Despotar

Could I get some advise?
    I have tried to get a non shiny, with a spread of 31/31/31/A/B/A,
    16 seconds, 18 frame, and 604 delays.
    I've been after it for days,
    I have been consistently hitting everything,
    but no! Even though I've been doing everything right, I cannot get the right delay.
    And the really aggravating thing is this.
    Twice I got 17 seconds (instead of 16) and I got the proper delay!
    Is their something wrong with 16 seconds and 604 delay together?
  16. Metal Gods

Metal Gods

Do RNG abuse work the same way on HGSS?
    I just imported them and have been playing a bit today.
    I wanted to start breeding and getting my team together for VGC 10.
  17. Despotar

Despotar

Whoever answers this (and when/if I get the prejeco)
    gets a non-redis version of the breed! (31/31/31/31/31/31 adamant guts heracross)
  18. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

there is real nothing you can do to change it for the delay you just have to keep trying until you hit it if it was higher i would recommend using emloop to hit it. As for the seconds start a second earlier to hit the sixteen if you keep getting seventeen. good luck
  19. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Can anyone answer this? :)
    EDIT: Thanks Mingot!
  20. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

Hello

I, on an emulator was playing Pokemon HG. Now I started the game, and I chose my character, and then continued till I got a Pokemon. Now when Kotone, left, I decided to try out Kazo's frame finder program. I did everything just like in the post in the research thread, but the frame it said I was on was frame 1902049837. Why is this? PS I am not using a dump of my BIOS, to speaker in simpler terms I am not using an external BIOS/firmware, could that affect it? I do not know when exactly I started, should I use a dump of my own BIOS? I do not understand why, after walking just a short walk that it would display such a high frame.

BUT WHEN I SAVED AND RESET, THE FRAME WENT BACK DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
  21. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

How to determine that is answered in the capture guide, very specifically. It's a relatively new update, though, so perhaps you have not seen it.
  22. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Not familiar with Kazo's program. Does it handle Method K Frames? They are different than Method J Frames.
  23. Chev4

Chev4

trying to fish at the pokemon league and wondering the waterfall affect the frame and also i must minus 4 from my frame also.

frame 1204 slot 0

old rod land a poke

so minus 4 and flip 1200

and place my synchronizer in the beginning of my party am i right?
  24. Despotar

Despotar

Would changing the date from 2009 to 2015 mess anything up?
  25. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

it will change your delay by making it smaller

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)