Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've done that serval times. I've even deleted it off my machine and re-downloaded. Still nothing.

This has happened to be before, although all the other times, It's magically fixed itself.

doing rng for egg iv abuse:

If you save - with no NPC's on the screen, can they still advance the frame even if there off screen?

EDIT: Thanks Nexus

i put my id/sid in PokeRng and found this spread
3671612307F d0343976 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/30/31/6/31/31 (Seed: 64040c7e Frame: 385) HP GRASS 70 !!!
is there anyway i can make it a non minus attack nature?
i didnt reset or rng for the sid

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i put my id/sid in PokeRng and found this spread
3671612307F d0343976 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/30/31/6/31/31 (Seed: 64040c7e Frame: 385) HP GRASS 70 !!!
is there anyway i can make it a non minus attack nature?
i didnt reset or rng for the sid
You probably have the same IVs on one other nature (and shiny), if you search more. But that's your only other option.

A note: in Part 2 of the on-site guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2), the third image in the sequence of RNG Reporter screenshots is broken. The image is sourced to http://www.smogon.com/media/ingame/images/dpp_rng_genterstats.png (extra "g" before "enterstats").

And a question: I'm RNGing an egg and am at the stage where I need to calibrate for what frame I'm hitting as I pick up the egg. The guide says to cancel the journal, take the egg, and capture a critter. Does the amount of time spent on the journal matter? Will quickly flying to a better place to catch high-level critters blow the data (i.e. must I catch my control critter on route 210 by the daycare rather than Victory Road, route 229, or the like)? Is delay crucial to the data of this control critter, or is the delay data secondary to the frame data? Or am I just an idiot who doesn't understand the process (possible, as this is my first RNG attempt)?

It doesn't matter how long you're in the journal and it doesn't matter if you fly somewhere else to capture a critter as it's only to verify your seed.

Since you've already received the egg, it's IV's will not be affected by the NPCs. Just try not to take more than 4-5 minutes catching your "control critter". You could just use Coin Flips to find your delay..

I've never had a problem hitting my frame,
but today I am going after a flawless Lucario,
and I keep getting 1 over my target frame!
I am talking to the day care man as fast as possible..
What could be happening? how do I correct it?

When PokeRadaring, if you walk into the same patch on the same seed/frame will the Pokemon that appears be the same everytime?

I think it will be unless it's a PokeRadar specific pokemon, which seem to override Encounter Slots.
Ok because im trying to catch a Togepi and everytime i walk into my Sprakly Patch its a Pelipper with my Spread not a Togepi..... There anything i can do to fix that besides chaining one?

If Togepi is a PokeRadar only pokemon (I don't know, it was in Diamond), then you must use the PokeRadar to encounter it. Other than that you could try making another save, or turning before using the PokeRadar. I've only abused it whilst making a chain so I am unsure of what might effect it.

If Togepi is a PokeRadar only pokemon (I don't know, it was in Diamond), then you must use the PokeRadar to encounter it. Other than that you could try making another save, or turning before using the PokeRadar. I've only abused it whilst making a chain so I am unsure of what might effect it.
Yeah im on Platinum and its PokeRadar only too, and i have been taking 2 steps to change the Patches that appear so i can get a Sparkly Patch for Togepi to appear, so is it 100% sure that the Pokemon will be the same everytime? I have tried this 3 times already and have gotten Pelipper with my Spread..... :( Im about to just chain it instead... (Even though Riddlinkid proved this method successfull :D)

would I be correct in saying , to advance my encounter slots I would need to check which encounter slot I am on them battle all the pokemon up until the pokemon before the encounter slot I want.

e.g I start on an encounter slot of 4 and my pokemon is on an encounter slot of 7, would I battle pokemon 4 , 5 and 6 then the next battle get the pokemon I want?

Okay, I've got some really stupid questions, but they are questions I need the answers to nonetheless:

1) If you start a new game, say on platinum, do you need to recalibrate delays or is the typical delays connected to the cartridge?

2) I want to start RNG'ing in my Pearl. Is the evenness/oddness of your delay connected to your cartridge or your system? I know the loading screens are different in Platinum than Pearl, so I know I'll have a different delay range, but will it stay even like I get on my Platinum?

Thanks!

would I be correct in saying , to advance my encounter slots I would need to check which encounter slot I am on them battle all the pokemon up until the pokemon before the encounter slot I want.

e.g I start on an encounter slot of 4 and my pokemon is on an encounter slot of 7, would I battle pokemon 4 , 5 and 6 then the next battle get the pokemon I want?
I don't think they go up in order...although I could be wrong.

@Stevee - That's because Beldum is a Swarm, not a PokeRadar specific 'mon. I think Flygon is the PokeRadar critter for that area..I'm guessing Supe started a chain to get his one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)