1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Newts

Newts

Is it possible to manipulate the RNG to ensure a pokemon is holding an item when you catch it? Say I was abusing a Pikachu, could I also make it so its holding a light ball?
  2. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

i'm trying to use poke RNG to find a HP Grass flawless spread (31/2/31/30/31/31). when i set a large delay range (for example 500-3000) and 0-0 starting search (for infinitive) it shows me only a result... when i try to decrease the delay range it gives me again only one result, but with a different seed and frame.. the PID is always the same. is there a way to show me all the possible results with the same PID but different seed and frame only once together?
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Take that spread and plug it into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder, with Open Search and Offset boxes checked. It will list all possible seeds that can produce that spread, and the number of frames.

Not as of yet. Or maybe someone (mingot?) does, and it hasn't been documented yet.
  4. Newts

Newts

Yeh in RNG Reporter enter the stats and nature into 'Seed Finder' 'Find Seed by IVs' click open search and show offset boxes, it will show every seed with the method 1 frame number and delay, you can from there use 'Seed to Time' function to find a time and date

EDIT Thanks Omega, guess I'll try mapping some out myself when i get serious about it
  5. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

just tried but there are too high delays and very low frames... there isn't a low delay! how can it show me low delays, even if they "agree" with high frames? because the higher frame showed is 996
  6. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

There probably isn't a seed with low delay AND low frame. You'll have to use emloop to hit those high delays.

I recommend learning how to use emloop to everyone anyway, because it saves a lot of time spent on journal flips. There a lot of good seeds with high delays and low frame.
  7. NoahS

NoahS

I sold my DS and games recently because I had to(anyways thats offtopic).

I have questions on HG/SS RNG before I buy a new DS.
    Saw the Method K, what pokemons are in Method K?

The legendary dogs, are IVs for all 3 generated when you meet them first at Teak City?
    Because i saw people battling suicune as a normal legendary, not a roamer.

There is no poketch app, so how do you advance to RNG? Walking? But then you would have to count the number of steps yourself.

Final question:
    If I buy a Acekard 2 will it be considered as lillegal(hack)? Right Now I really cant afford to buy the Japanese version of Pokemon Heart Gold and a Platinum. :(

Thanks in advance.
  8. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

but if I search with pokerng, i find spread with a high target frame and low delays... so they exist! the problem is: i'm manipulating a shiny flawless HP grass 70 raikou in HG so i'm using savestates.. but they become crazy after a long time in the same game!
    i have to reach a frame of 31000 (i've already hit my target time/delay) but at this point savestates has become crazy and the game always crashes. a little time ago I manipulated the same raikou (but no-shiny), the PID was the same but the spread was different and the target frame was 21000 so the save states didn't become crazy. the problem is that i've accidentally delete the file which contained the target seed, and I can't find again it with PokeRNG... i'm able to use emloop, but manipulating with the rom is more and more difficult than using the Nintendo DS + emloop support
  9. ΩDonut

What's the exact spread again? And the PID and the seed you find?
  10. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

the PID is always this 4f0acf77, the seed with about 31000 of frame is 141101fe... i'd be happy even if i only find the older spread with 21000 of frame but a low delay...
  11. Newts

Newts

That PID is Timid 31 2 31 30 31 31

you can use seed 2D040D85

Delay is 3451
    Method K frame numbers 351, 355, 357, 359, 365, 369, 379
    Requires a Timid Sync
  12. ΩDonut

Since it's Raikou, he needs a Method 1 spread.

You could go for 2D040D85. Has a delay of 2385 3451, and a frame of 382.

Really, I don't see why you need to torture yourself aiming for a frame THAT high, especially in HGSS where you don't have journal flips.
  13. Newts

Newts

Oh yeh woops <_< but you still gave the same seed as me, how did you get a different delay?

EDIT bugger I was hoping you knew of some secret to get lower delays =P
  14. ΩDonut

Because I copied it down wrong. You're right, it's 3451 in 2010.
  15. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

When I want to look for good IV´s (in Platinum), I enter the desired IV´s in the DPPT Time Finder and just hit generate. So I search for spreads from 2000-2099. Is there any faster possibility to directly get the desired IV´s?
  16. sasuke-kun19

sasuke-kun19

yeah i'll try soon with emloop... thank you anyway! adn yes i know raikou is method 1^^
  17. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

• PokeRNG is pretty quick.

• Pikachu25 just came out with something similar to that too.

• You could also use the Seed Finder button. Just make sure to have "Open Search" and "Show Offset" selected, and put whatever IV/Nature you want in it and hit generate.
    All those are pretty quick. :)
  18. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

When I use the "Seed Finder", what shall I input in the date?
  19. mattj

whatever you want. It just moves the delays up or down.
  20. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

Umm ok, but then, it always says "No matches found for the IV´s enteres", and I also hit the "Show Offset" and "Open Seach"? I also changed the IV´s, but it always says the same.
  21. mattj

Some IV Nature combos really don't exist. Just curious, what are you searching for?
  22. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

Brave 31/31/31/31/31/0

or atleast close to it.
  23. ΩDonut

Closest is 31/31/31/28/30/0.
  24. mattj

If you just screw the SAtk, you can get a 31 in SDef too.
  25. dtruth

dtruth

Sorry if this was answered already but my issue is my range for delays when testing was 594 - 604 with the majority being 604. To reach the set I want I need 594 how do I gain that 594 delay again? I'm looking into emloop but still cant figure out how I received 594 delay with 14 sec.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)