1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. imapedarsag

imapedarsag

can I use a repel to get a pokemon at a certain level and sweet scent at the same time, specifically in emerald?
  2. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Sorry, not sure.

You could try to delete your configuration file and replace it with one right out of the zip you downloaded, but I doubt this will help :/ I googled that message and none of the "fixes" mentioned are really applicable.
  3. Devii

Devii

Will the RNG Reporter have the feature to put in IVs that your Parent A and Parent B got for easier searching for the spread that fits with those parents?
  4. locoghoul

locoghoul

Is there a list somewhere of the NPCless routes or the routes with challengeable NPCs? I would appreciate if someone could give me a link or something
  5. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It's on the wishlist, but don't hold your breath. Lots of other things I would like to do before this.

Incomplete list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63090

Work on this has stalled out, unfortunately.
  6. locoghoul

locoghoul

7. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

Alright well I did that, and the frame was 10(after 3 journal flips) with a crazy high delay. Now I am using PikaTimer and I am hitting a frame of 9(after 3 journal flips) fairly consistently. Should I just take out my parents and restart the whole process(as my frame seems to be consistently 3 now)? I don't understand why my game/DS is being so weird. I calibrated 5 times and I hit a frame of 4 three times, and I saved on a frame of 4. I'm going to do some further testing(varying # of coin flips, letting NPCs move, etc) but is it possible for the game to have saved on something other than 4 and I need to restart the process? Thanks.

EDIT: I flipped my journal 3 times this time(4 including the initial page that was open) and I hit my delay, but a frame of 9 again. I will try to let the NPCs move next time.

EDIT #2: I'm stupid. The frame has nothing to do with coin flips.

EDIT #3: I got it! Thank you guys for the help. Seems like it was just an oversight on my behalf.
  8. Luminary

Luminary

I'm trying to RNG Heatran. If I use the coin flip trick to verify my delay, will that advance my frame by the number of times I used the coin flip?
  9. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

no coin flips only advance the IRNG which applies to breeding
  10. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

Quick Question..

I've been RNG Breeding for almost a week now, and can not get a successful result. After testing, I find out that my Delay is always an ODD numbah (I have a non-pokemon game in the GBA slot). If I remove my GBA game, or insert a Pokemon game, from/into the slot, I hear it will affect my Delay. In what way will it do so, and will anything else (Frame, etc) change?
  11. DarkChaos (HCZ)

DarkChaos (HCZ)

Another questions
    Doing the pokemon breeding RNG
    If I hit my target time + my flips match my delay but the IV were wrong, was it because a NPC moved or was it a possibility that I was off by some nano-seconds and my delays was corresponding to another target time?
  12. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

Removing or inserting a pokemon game usually causes your delay to shift form even to odd and vice-versa and it doesnt affect your frames
  13. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

Ahh, so it doesn't matter if it's Pokemon or not? Thank you, now hopefully I can get lucky enough to hit my Delay soon. =)
  14. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It actually does matter. The change in delay is caused by the appearance of that "Migrate from [version]" option, which doesn't show up without a 3rd gen Pokemon game.
  15. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Are you telling me we can never have a 3rd gen game inserted when we RNG (in any way)?
  16. pastel

pastel

Is it possible to RNG in RS?
  17. COKTAL

COKTAL

@ Giratina-Man: Yes, you can. That's how we can abuse GBA insert pokemon (my new Arcanine for example). What it does is it switches your delay from even to odd or vice-versa while it's inserted. This helps when you need to get an even delay when your normal is odd, or get an odd when it's normally even.
  18. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

So wait a second. Say I have a non-Pokemon game in, and my Delay is always Odd. If I take that game out, will my Delay always be Even?
  19. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

Non-pokemon games will have no affect as Omegadonut pointed out its the "migrate pokemon" option that appears that has an affect on the delay changing so if that game is not a thrid generation pokemon game then chances are the delay won't change by removing or inserting it.
  20. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

^^^ Plus, it's not just "removing" a 3rd Gen Pal Parkable game I'm pretty sure it's putting it back in again that changes it from odd to even, etc...

Honestly though. If you don't happen to have a 3rd gen game or whatever, just change your year by 1 and that will change your delay from odd to even too. :P
  21. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

@ Nexus + Mattj:

That clears it up. I will retest it after I insert Emerald. And if that doesn't work, I will go back to the game I previously had in (Tales of Phantasia) and just advance the clock to next year. Thank you! =)
  22. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Wow, you make it sound all that more simple.
    So, R/S/E are ok to have in either way? For even or odd delays?
    But not have the LG/FR games in, right? Those are bad, right?
  23. mattj

Not quite. ANY game that you can pal park off of will change your delay from odd to even. And it's not "bad" it's quite useful sometimes, if you care about getting the "correct" year on your poke.
  24. pastel

pastel

stuck at the bottom of the last page.
  25. mattj

I'm sure it "is" possible, but nobody has a guide on it. :/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)