1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. NoahS

NoahS

On Emerald you can. The first page has information on that.
    But there is no information on R/S.
    As all pokemon games share same basic RNG, it should be theoretically possible. But I dont know exactly how it will work.
  2. pastel

pastel

Thank you...I will have to wait to see if someone makes them.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Not unless you physically open the cartridge to desolder the battery that keeps the clock ticking.

Emerald's RNG is a lot easier to work with because the starting seed is always 0. But in RS the starting seed is constantly changing, even when the game is off. By desoldering the battery it stops the clock from changing, but the seed won't be 0. You'd have to use RNG Reporter to figure out what that seed would be.
  4. pastel

pastel

ohh OK....if I just knew what that means.

Also, I read somewhere, but I wanted to confirm:

Is it possible to RNG on an emulator?
  5. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

woah, woah. Just to confirm, once you take that battery out, or whatever, and figure out what seed you stopped on, you CAN RNG R/S just like Emerald??? Sounds pretty easy...
  6. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Well, you can't just take the battery out, because you need it to retain your game save. You need to desolder some specific point I don't know about to keep it from affecting the clock. But other than that, it's as easy as you said.

EDIT: And oh yeah, as mingot pointed out, it's not nearly as easy as RNGing on Emerald. There's no Synchronizers, and the gender\nature\ability of the egg are not locked in when the Day Care Man is holding in egg.
  7. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to do this.

(PS. if you are going to devote any time to rng abuse you will find that emerald synchronizors will really save you some of it. enough that if you calculated the number of pokemon you wish to capture and multiplied it by the time you save in emerald you could probably work for minimum wage for that period of time to be able to afford a copy of emerald and still come out ahead).
  8. pastel

pastel

because maybe some people don't have emerald, but it would require alot of work to do it.
  9. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

BAAHAA! That makes so much sense! xD Nah, it's just sometimes hard to find a legit copy of emerald at least in my area. However, now that I've got HG, there's not much of a reason anymore. :/
  10. ΩDonut

The only possible reason I could think of is that it could potentially mean not waiting for weeks for a good spread for a Latios to appear or something. But it's moot since we get it in HGSS anyway.

Maybe this would be of interest to anyone who wanted a Lunatone\Zangoose in a Dive Ball and tutored Mimic or something.
  11. Suser

Suser

I need help. I've done everything as usually when RNGing for a shiny. I found out that the egg is shiny, but when I go to see my journal it says:
    Caught a male Roselia instead of the usual Caught a Roselia (night).
    Will this text still advance my frame or do I have to turn pages until I get something that say's (night)/(day).

Thanks in advance
  12. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Straight from the front page

- Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2 seeds. There are a number of formats for the caught Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG.

'Caught a female BIDOOF.'
    'Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).'
    'UXIE was caught (DAY).'
    'Defeated a male BIDOOF.'
  13. Suser

Suser

Thanks, I totally missed that. Sorry for the inconvienience
  14. COKTAL

COKTAL

Can someone just confirm that my math is correct before I attempt this abuse(my first Sweet Scent abuse on water).
    99(Target Frame)-3(Sweet Scent)=96-1(runner)-1(turning, but not moving)=94/2=47(Page Flips)-2(Opening Journal)=46 Jounral Flips.
  15. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yup 46 Flips + 1 Turn (Taking account of the Journal popping up with a caught ____)
  16. pastel

pastel

does frame advance when you flip to a journal page that does not say beaten or caought a pokemon?
  17. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

No..... This is right in the guide too...
  18. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

I'm doing coin flips/happiness taps for shininess on eggs, and I need to have the poke have a specific gender (female). In the last four columns (50%, 12.5%, 25%, 75%), it reads as follows:

50% = F
    12.5% = M
    25% = F
    75% = F

what are the chances of the baby being female or male? I don't fully understand these columns.
  19. tr4q

tr4q

It depends on what pokemon you're RNGing.
  20. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

ooohhh okay nevermind I understand the columns now

EDIT: it was a flygon...so...it's going to be female?
  21. COKTAL

COKTAL

If it's the same set as the one you posted earlier, it'd be female.
  22. locoghoul

locoghoul

are there any other NPCs besides that VSseeker Breeder Amber on route 210 (south)? I've hit my delay twice and the wrong pokemon keeps showing up. This is platinum btw
  23. timetwister

timetwister

If you mean the girl in front of the Café, then no, there are no other NPC's. Double check your journal flips and encounter slot. :/
  24. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

None besides her :) Theres the Jogger but he moves in a consistant pattern :/
    And did you check the Time of Day it is in your game for that Seed? That can affect Encoutner Slots because I was after a Scyther there and Ponyta kept coming up, found out it was morning and that makes Ponyta Encounter Slot 2 ;_;
  25. locoghoul

locoghoul

I'm going for Careful Pineco, it is supposed to be slot 8 and 9. Night shouldn't affect it either (time is 1:01 am) since noctowl and hoot hoot are 2-3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)