Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

@Mercury - Yes, once you have your egg hatch it and check its IVs. Search the seed you hit (I assume you're already verifying seed with flips) for the IVs on the pokemon. You can get a list in the main window by searching under Breeding (DPPt) or Generate Adjacent Results in the Time Finder.

@King TJ - Same as I told Mercury.

@Mercury - Yes, once you have your egg hatch it and check its IVs. Search the seed you hit (I assume you're already verifying seed with flips) for the IVs on the pokemon. You can get a list in the main window by searching under Breeding (DPPt) or Generate Adjacent Results in the Time Finder.

@King TJ - Same as I told Mercury.
If the Ivs don't match any, does that mean I didn't hit the correct time?

ok I want to make sure of something. I have found my Method J version of my Method 1 spread, but I'm curious. do I use the actual frame or the Method J frame?

ok I want to make sure of something. I have found my Method J version of my Method 1 spread, but I'm curious. do I use the actual frame or the Method J frame?
If your catching a Pokemon its Method J, but you still need to use the one of the Frames of that Seed that match Enconter SLot of the Pokemon you want

ok thanks. I think I understand it now. so if the Method J frame is 10 and it has the encounter slot I want then it doesn't matter what the actual frame is I'll get the pokemon I want right?

EDIT: sorry. I just wanted to make sure because I've spent hours doing something that I thought I was doing right just to figure out that I messed up, so I normaly want to make double sure

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Follow the directions.

The directions say to use "Frame".

There is a column with the name "Frame".

There is a column with the name "Actual".

Which one do you think would be more appropriate to use?

(sorry, this is just one of those really irritating questions where people are constantly trying to overthink every aspect of the process instead of just following the directions).

I am still pretty new to RNG. I am trying to catch a shiny Dialga in my plat game just to see if I can do it, but I am having problems with it. I got my SID using AR. I have hit my delays with the correct 10 coin flips. From the number of frames subtract 1 because of the J Method and divide that number by 2 to get the number of journal flips that have "pokemon" was caught (MORNING). I have been using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGMFZBimzA as a reference. I am using RNG Reporter 7.10 which I believe is it newer version than what is shown on youtube. Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

All my past 4th gen RNG manipulation has been done in Platinum. I need to use my Diamond for something, so I'm calibrating my delay on it. I have my Emerald game in the GBA slot, and so far, I've gotten the following seconds/delays:

14, 619
14, 622
14, 619
14, 624

What's the deal with the mix of even and odd delays? I've never experienced that before without removing/inserting a GBA game.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All my past 4th gen RNG manipulation has been done in Platinum. I need to use my Diamond for something, so I'm calibrating my delay on it. I have my Emerald game in the GBA slot, and so far, I've gotten the following seconds/delays:

14, 619
14, 622
14, 619
14, 624

What's the deal with the mix of even and odd delays? I've never experienced that before without removing/inserting a GBA game.
Yeah I've noticed that diamond and pearl tend to go between even and odd despite removing or inserting a GBA cart so you'll just have to hope that your delays stay even or odd long enough for you to hit your seed and delay and get your RNG done or change the year.

So I'm having some trouble RNGing for wondercard IVs. I have found my seed/spread, frame, and time I need to hit. I have hit the delay and time multiple times but I don't get the right IVs. Then I realize I must not be hitting the correct frame. So I checked that, and at first (with no wondering pokemon) I found the frame was 89 (I am going for 88 so I do 43 journal flips then let the NPC move). In theory, I should have hit a frame of 88, but I did not (I am also in a Pokemart with only 1 NPC). So I thought maybe I should release one of my wonderers to make the job easier (since even frames are easier to hit with one wanderer). I boot up my game and hit my delay/time, then flip my journal 43 times, and I still hit a frame of 89.

Case A-Total RNG advances = Target frame (88) - # of wandering poke (0) - 1 - NPC advancement (1) = 86/2 = 43 journal flips
Case B-Total RNG advances = Target frame (88) - # of wandering poke (1) - 1 = 86/2 = 43 journal flips

This is a PBR Wondercard for Electivire, in case anyone was wondering (not sure it makes a difference). I haven't let the NPCs move in Case B, I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

My guess is during case A the NPC was advancing the RNG twice. I'm not totally sure on the mechanics for it, but I think it's possible for the NPC to advance the RNG without moving. Possibly the RNG is called to generate one of the cardinal directions for the NPC to walk, and the result is the direction it was already facing so it stands still.

My guess is during case A the NPC was advancing the RNG twice. I'm not totally sure on the mechanics for it, but I think it's possible for the NPC to advance the RNG without moving. Possibly the RNG is called to generate one of the cardinal directions for the NPC to walk, and the result is the direction it was already facing so it stands still.
Ah, that would make sense. That makes the process more difficult, but having that understanding makes me less frustrated. Thanks.

Leave it on its default value. It controls the maximum spreads shown. If you only want to look at a few spreads you can reduce it, but there is no time where you will need to change it.

In the Frame Calibration Phase for abusing for IVs, where do I input the info from the Pokemon I captured? It doesn't state it in the the directions.

The same Seed Finder that you always use to find your seed. The frame that you are trying to calibrate is the frame of the egg, not a wild. Load standing next to the old man, and talk to him as fast as possible. Check your seed through flips or a wild capture, and search for the frame that matches your egg's IVs.

EDIT: Yea, that's it.

The same Seed Finder that you always use to find your seed. The frame that you are trying to calibrate is the frame of the egg, not a wild. Load standing next to the old man, and talk to him as fast as possible. Check your seed through flips or a wild capture, and search for the frame that matches your egg's IVs.
So, it's the Initial Seed Finder? lol
Edit: KK, thanks.

once I imput the seed and stats, the column saying:
Actual. Is that the original frame?
Frame. That is the new frame I must reach right?

Also, when I put:
Calculate Encounter Slots...
The fishing things say: Not even a nibble.
Does that mean I can't fish it?

Actual is that pokemon's Method 1 frame, and is totally irrelevant when RNG abusing Method J. Yes Frame is the frame you are trying to hit. If it says not even a nibble, then tough luck you can't fish on that spread.

OK, thanks, out of four, the last one was good, the other were not even a nible.

302 303 D40E90B2

Thats what I got(I erased the part of gender, and IVs/HP)
Super Rod says: Landed a Pokemon
Then, how do I know the encounter slot?
I really don't care the pokemon, since gyarados/seadra/relicath are all fine, but I'd like to know how to know it. Thnx

Can you find the secret ID of a pokemon if it was traded to you then you use then Secret ID AR code will it give me the secret id for that game?

NVM i got it lol

I just got pokesav and now i can use my main game to get shinies =D

@pastel - It lists the Fishing(Old Rod) and Fishing(Good/Super Rod) encounter slots right below the sweet scent slots. If you mean what pokemon is what encounter slot, then go to the link in the Calculate Encounter Slot window.

@King - Yes.

@pastel - It lists the Fishing(Old Rod) and Fishing(Good/Super Rod) encounter slots right below the sweet scent slots. If you mean what pokemon is what encounter slot, then go to the link in the Calculate Encounter Slot window.

@King - Yes, but if I remember correctly it requires Pokesav as AR can't (at least I don't know how) tell the SID of a pokemon, only the save file.
I looked at that.
0- Gyarados
1/3/4- Seadra
2- Relicanth

just how do I know what encounter slot I will get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)