Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Are there any wandering NPC's on Route 114? I just hit my seed (with an unusual delay) and it took me ages but I forgot to check and I don't want to ruin that...

I believe there are a couple, as there are a lot of trainers on that Route. I'm unsure as to whether they all don't move/move in a set pattern though. Catch a mon and see what frame you're on, if it's more than Frame 3 then there are NPCs affecting it.

Im trying to capture a zangoose(encounter slot 8) on route 208(platinum)with a ruby inserted in the Gba slot,aiming for this spread 31/28/31/5/31/30 seed 80010268.
So i hit my delay(603,got my coin flips right),and advanced with the journal to frame 96(48 flips) + 2 sweet scent for frame 98(target).

Instead of the shiny zangoose and the above spread i got zubat(not shiny) 3 times with these ivs:18-14/8-4/5-1/27-25/13-10/27.

-I have battled the 3 NPCs ,so that's not the case.Also no wandering pokes.
-I doubt that im messing up my journal flips(48),i usually hit accuratelly 1000+.
-The seed is of my shiny spread which i have on many of my pokemon.
-When im trying to find my actual frame with the above seed and stats (with the >= symbol),no results are returned.

Any ideas?(it may be sth obvious,but still im missing it :[ )

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im trying to capture a zangoose(encounter slot 8) on route 208(platinum)with a ruby inserted in the Gba slot,aiming for this spread 31/28/31/5/31/30 seed 80010268.
So i hit my delay(603,got my coin flips right),and advanced with the journal to frame 96(48 flips) + 2 sweet scent for frame 98(target).

Instead of the shiny zangoose and the above spread i got zubat(not shiny) 3 times with these ivs:18-14/8-4/5-1/27-25/13-10/27.

-I have battled the 3 NPCs ,so that's not the case.Also no wandering pokes.
-I doubt that im messing up my journal flips(48),i usually hit accuratelly 1000+.
-The seed is of my shiny spread which i have on many of my pokemon.
-When im trying to find my actual frame with the above seed and stats (with the >= symbol),no results are returned.

Any ideas?(it may be sth obvious,but still im missing it :[ )
ok I just ran your seed and the IVs you listed for zubat through rng reporter and I am getting some odd frames can you give me the nature of the zubat

I don;t think the encounter slots for those games has been recorded so you'll have to go by trial and error
Thats little help to me :/.
I have been failing to identify the slot.
Once it came in Slot 1, which is actually the slot for Drowzee.
(Acording to the frame finder and RNG reporter).
I have been trying for hours now.

I am trying to find which seed I am hitting on my HGSS cartridge while RNG abusing for suicune. Does anybody know of a site that lists the pokemon's characteristics (ex: Likes to fight) in Japanese? Or does someone have a translated list of them somewhere? It would make my IV checking a lot easier as my AR is out of commission at the moment.

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows the monster frame for Suicune in HGSS that would be a great help too. I'm assuming it's 1 but I'm not sure.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here is the zubat: Stats:46/24/19/18/22/31 lv 19 .
28/2/2019
ok now I'm not getting anything either the only explanation that comes to mind is that the seed is incorrect. So try hitting your delay, do your coin flips and if they are correct then go and catch something level 50 and higher, enter its stats in seed finder and check what seed comes up along with the seconds it shows

ok now I'm not getting anything either the only explanation that comes to mind is that the seed is incorrect. So try hitting your delay, do your coin flips and if they are correct then go and catch something level 50 and higher, enter its stats in seed finder and check what seed comes up along with the seconds it shows
Just did and it says that it can't find a reasonable seed....

did you go and catch a Lv. 50 or higher poke just now or did you restart your game do your coin flips to check and then catch it?
now,i guess i'll have to reset...

EDIT: Is there a chance that the swarms "conflict" with the GBA slot pokes??

I just hit my seed,but aimed for frame 96 instead of 98(slot 8) expecting a slot 1 shiny dunsparce.And it was dunsparce indeed.

i'm having a lot of trouble hitting my target time and delay. i've been using the coin flip trick, and my results haven't been correct yet. what worries me is when i search the results i do get in the adjacent frames, it doesn't find any results even when i set the parameters very wide.

What you can do is catch a pokemon and use the seed finder. I'm assuming that you are abusing a wild pokemon since you're struggling with your time as well.

What you can do is catch a pokemon and use the seed finder. I'm assuming that you are abusing a wild pokemon since you're struggling with your time as well.
well actually, i'm abusing for an egg, and my time's been pretty consistent, but I guess my delay hasn't been because the flips aren't showing up, although when i've gone and caught a pokemon and plugged it in to the seed finder, my time and delay have been around what i'm aiming for. Does how much time you spend on your journal effect the delay at all?

well actually, i'm abusing for an egg, and my time's been pretty consistent, but I guess my delay hasn't been because the flips aren't showing up, although when i've gone and caught a pokemon and plugged it in to the seed finder, my time and delay have been around what i'm aiming for. Does how much time you spend on your journal effect the delay at all?
The time you spend on the journal does not effect it. The delay is simple from when you reset until you click continue.

Maybe you're not collecting the egg fast enough, wrong journal flips, or you're not using the right save frame.

The time you spend on the journal does not effect it. The delay is simple from when you reset until you click continue.

Maybe you're not collecting the egg fast enough, wrong journal flips, or you're not using the right save frame.
hm, well i guess i'll just have to keep trying

If the game loads with the happiness checker open it will ruin the coin flips, but I can't think of anything else that would make your search turn up empty. I suppose you may have made a mistake when putting the flips into RNG Reporter, but I doubt you'd do that repeatedly.

If I shiny breed using a flawless ditto and a flawless tyranitar, will the baby be near-flawless too?
If you're just regular breeding and not RNG abusing, the chances of it being near flawless are low as only 3 IVs from either or both of the parents gets passed onto the child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)