1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dragonboy52

dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks i figured that i could do this Plug in 15 seconds and restart the game mass 'A' till i reach continue then wait till 15 seconds get over and prees a is that ok?
  2. COKTAL

COKTAL

@Ortega: About Red Gyrados. The problem is that there are 2 NPCs in the route. One is some girl near the house (she just turns I think) and Red Gyrados itself. It COULD be possible, but it'd be alot of guess and check to get it right if you let them move. If you don't, you'd have to advance your frame very quickly to do it.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

The Gyarados is generated by the same method that creates chained shinies. As of yet, there is no program that generates lists of chained spreads, except for my modified RNG Reporter. And even that has been untested.

Ah, hell... here it is. Somebody please test it and see if ANY of the spreads generated for a seed are at all consistent with the spreads generated for the Gyarados. No, the frame number won't be the same because I don't know what the equivalent of "Method K" for the Gyarados is. Yes, the ID\SID still matters.
  4. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

In my experience it is guaranteed to be frame 2.

It will be the frame listed under actual + 6.
  5. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

the first post of this topic will clear that up for you
  6. Kabuto Mushi

Kabuto Mushi

Ah, ok, I see it now.

Here's another question then: Let's say I get my SID from some nice person. How long does it normally take to move through each step and get to the point where you get the egg from the daycare man? Again assuming I have all the other prerequisites and such.
  7. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Is Kyogre's Frame 1?
  8. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

Quick question if I use an Adamant syncher on this spread Quiet 31/31/30/30/30/31 I could get a pokemon that is Adamant with those stats on a method J? What exactly does with a syncher do?

Edit :Figured out
  9. Hawkings11

Hawkings11

Wild Eep, I have a question for you regarding hexadecimal in order to find the Munchlax trees. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.

I do not have my secret ID, although I have my Trainer ID and was looking to find two of my Munchlax trees through calculation. However, I don't quite understand your instructions and was looking for some clarification.

My trainer ID is 35612, so in hexadecimal it is 8b1c.

Thus, is [SS] = 139, with [YY] = 139 % 21?

Likewise, is [TT] = 28, with [ZZ] = 28 % 21?

Thank you for your help.
  10. Frozen_Spirit

Frozen_Spirit

last question say I'm trying to hit frame 1197.

So its

Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

1197-1-0

so its 1196/2 is 598 journal flips. I have to do 598 journal flips to get my desired frame?
  11. Christian

Christian

I'm trying to catch a 31/31/31/7/31/31 careful shiny Zubat on my platinum at the ravaged path. I've abused my ID/SID and it's 18064/64178
    Once I get my frame flipping the journal (1009) and hit my delay of 603 a psyduck appears >.>
    Is there something I could do to get 100% Zubat or do i have to try till I get the pokemon I want to catch?

also all the caught pokemon are generated by method J?
  12. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Right-click the frame and click "Calculate Encounter Slots". It will show you a link to a table that tells you what Pokemon shows up on what frame.
  13. Redtype

Redtype

Few questions regarding RNGing starters in HG/SS:

1. What are the possible ways to advance the frame?
    2. Any info on starting frames?
    3. Does anyone here sucessfuly RNGed a HG/SS starter without resorting to save states?

Thanks.
  14. Christian

Christian

thanks =)
  15. IamtheOne

IamtheOne

16. ΩDonut

Let the NPCs move and step inside the lab at the right moment.

Unless otherwise specified, assume it's 1. For any gift Pokemon. Forgot that Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile are generated at the same time, so they have frames 1, 5, and 9 respectively. Thanks Pehu.

Have RNG'd a shiny HP Grass 70 Cyndaquil, but needed save states. And it was a bitch even then, because the NPCs don't stop moving immediately after you start walking into the lab. It may be possible for someone to practice the timing on an emulator, then do it on a cart. But it won't be feasible without save states, and the NPCs would need to start in the exact same positions, I think.
  17. Pehu

Pehu

1. Just NPCs moving.
    2. Chikorita is frame 1, Cyndaquil is frame 5 and Totodile is frame 9.
    3. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I've abused a Totodile with savestates, and as OmegaDonut said, it is hard as hell.

Then, I wasted 3 days trying to abuse my Cyndaquil from the original game, and I can say that if it's not impossible, at least it's not worthy it.

You can pretty much breed it a lot easier. The NPCs move at annoying rates, and I was aiming for a real low frame spread (28), but not even once I was able to hit it, in any seed, let alone hit my seed a decent number of times. I was able to hit, on my seed, frames 25 and 31, even by two different ways to advance it (waiting a few seconds outside the lab, or entering and getting out of the lab a few times.

So, yeah. If you wanna try it, be ready to be pissed off. I gave up, since I have lots of other pokes to use my shiny spread on, and they are all a lot easier to abuse than this frickin bastard.
  18. IamtheOne

IamtheOne

Im finally starting to get this to work and Im using the Pikatimer and Im getting the right secs but the delay Im Looking for is 640 and i get around 600-610 how do i get higher delay?
  19. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

I've fixed the confusing 'frame' text in the output of PokéRNG.
    Also, I made a new program to assist with abusing Wonder Cards (as RNG Reporter's seed finder is awkward to use). This can be found in the second post of the thread.
  20. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

You are correct!
  21. Davy

Davy

Has anyone else experienced higher than expected frames when RNGing for starters?
  22. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Seems like I have to beat the E4 the first time. That's fine. I would like to RNG a shiny Suicune and the Kanto legends etc., so I can I can wait on RNGing Raikou for now. I hate killing the dogs. ;-;
  23. IamtheOne

IamtheOne

Another quick question on the Pikatimer the 1st Timer is 80 Secs do i wait till 80secs then press start on the AR or Do I wait 20 secs then press start?
  24. Drathos

Drathos

Can the Pikatimer be used for D/P/Pt/HG/SS? If so could someone explain to me exactly what it does and provide me with a download link? Thanks.
  25. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

So if I understand this correctly, the red gyarados uses the chained shiny theoretical method, and the nature depends on the game's ID/SID combination?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)