1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

According to X-Act's description of chained shiny generation, anyway. I still need people to test it out and confirm it.
  2. LaFrozen

LaFrozen

Still waiting for an answer. :(
  3. Romsstar

Romsstar

Don't bother with it as there are only few people who actually seem to get to run it.
    Stick to emloop as PikaTimer don't really seems to work.
  4. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It's never been done.
  5. Christian

Christian

is it possible to advance the RNG by one?
    I'm fishing with the good rod at valley windworks and i'm in the grass.
  6. Jubilee

Jubilee
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Fishing advances the frame by 4
    And yes it is possible. Either take 128 steps in an area with no pokemon and 1 pokemon in your party
    Or if your in grass turn ONCE and that will advance the frame by 1 :)
  7. Christian

Christian

thanks for the help :)
  8. COKTAL

COKTAL

Has anyone else had trouble advancing the frame in HG/SS by walking in an area where wild pokemon are? I tried it with the floor under where Ho-oh was in the Bell Tower, but my turns never advanced it. Maybe because I wasn't walking? Just wanted to see if I'm not the only one, so I can plan better for Entei and Raikou. Do we know their starting frames yet?
  9. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

iirc Raikou and Entei are like the birds in Plat... Raikou is 1 and Entei is 6... I believe.... and as for the walking... its inconsistent... your best bet would be to use the radio... it takes slightly longer... but really... there's no problem with inconsistency
  10. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

I'm beginning to think that if you are in a cave/wherever with wild Pokémon, are standing ON a ladder, and you take a step to go up/down that ladder, it does NOT count as a frame advancement in an area with wild Pokémon. After all, the spot ON the ladder is not a spot where you can find wild Pokémon (if you try to Sweet Scent there, it does nothing, but if you take one step back, you're fine). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I ran across this by saving one step before the ladder to the rooftop in Tin Tower. I used Sweet Scent, caught the Pokémon, took two steps up (the first put me ON the ladder, the second one put me up the ladder onto the rooftop), ran up to Ho-oh, and caught it. I expected the Ho-oh's frame to be the "actual" frame of the Sweet Scent, plus 3 (2 for taking the two steps on 10F + 1 for Ho-oh's frame) or 4 (3 + 1 if the 128-step counter is tripped), but it was only 2, leading me to believe that my stepping onto the ladder and then up the ladder all only advanced it by 1 (plus 1 for Ho-oh's frame).
  11. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

that sounds correct... because a door doesn't count as a step either...
  12. Redtype

Redtype

Wow, thanks OmegaDonut and Pehu! You saved me a lot of time and nerves :toast:
  13. Despotar

Despotar

I have to questions about RNG abusing in plat. 1:
    do the pokemon inside the fence by daycare count as NPCs?
    and 2: On the RNG reporter, I'm going for the IVs right now, and why would the Search Flips butten not show up with any results when I try to use it? Thanks!
  14. Ferrouswheel

Ferrouswheel

2) You're time could be out of the search boundaries.
  15. Pehu

Pehu

I wish someone did the same to me. But Rename Card kept saying that I shouldn't give up. So, it took three days until I said "Enough is enough"
  16. Hawkings11

Hawkings11

Thank you for answering my question, Wild Eep. Your verification of my mathematics has made my day! Now, time to try catching some Munchlax!
  17. Despotar

Despotar

Okay I have a problem. I have tried saving over my frame to get a new one,
    i've tried flipping the jurnal extra times, but no matter what I do I get a frame of 17 instead of my target, 18! Why???
  18. tr4q

tr4q

Are you sure your journal has pages of a caught or defeated pokemon?
  19. Despotar

Despotar

Yeah! Reicived pokemon (from trades) don't count, do they?
    Any other ideas?
  20. tr4q

tr4q

They don't count. =P
  21. gameman87

gameman87

They don't. Try another seed or keep resaving. Its mostly trial and error with egg IVs.
  22. Despotar

Despotar

Okay, thanks
  23. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

A couple curious questions.

1. When using the step method to RNG Suicune, would walking into Poke'mon increase frames? If so, how many?

2. Is it possible to RNG in the Sinjoh Ruins (aka Arceus Event Dragons)?
  24. ΩDonut

No.

Yeah, I've done it. Had to walk a lot of steps with just Arceus in my party, but I managed.
  25. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

1) What do you mean by walking into pokemon, is it wild pokemon battles or just walking into your first pokemon or suicune?

2) Yes it is

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)