Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's the deal with frame vs. actual? I don't really get it. Do I have to advance to the frame or the actual or what? For HGSS legendary abuse.

EDIT: Basically I used the Time Finder and got a spread that said 31/31/31/31/31/31, my seed, blah blah blah and got a frame of 87 and an actual of 114. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Method J and K are basically "forward the RNG until you hit a Method 1 frame that matches nature X". Actual refers to the Method 1 frame it ends up hitting.

Lol, accidentally posted this in SQSR and didn't notice, no wonder I got no reply:
On route 230 there are only 2 random NPCs, right? The rest are all in fixed paths?

One small question: Whats the creation method for red gyara's IVs? I couldnt find it on the first post. I tried many times with method K but it just doesnt work.

So, is there a reliable way to RNG for shiny Pokemon (hatched from eggs) in HG/SS? Or should I first try learning to RNG on DPPt?
Yes
Download the newest RNG Reporter (7.30) and on the Time Finder there should be a box on it that says HG/SS Shiny Egg click it and enter in all your information andlook for a shiny egg PID
Also
The Guide said:
Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be hatched one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first.

Could someone answer my small doubt please? I want to see if I can just give up on red gyara or should try with a different creation method

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could someone answer my small doubt please? I want to see if I can just give up on red gyara or should try with a different creation method
if you have the latest RNG reporter there's an option under methods called "Chained shiny (Theortical)" use that one for the red gyarados

Just note that it doesn't show correct frames, only the possible spreads.
Then we could say that it would be better to just catch it and use for in-game purposes right?
On a side note, is it too complicated to RNG legends on HG/SS for someone that has already RNG'ed some bred pokemon? and ALL legends respawn post-e4 if I kill them right?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Then we could say that it would be better to just catch it and use for in-game purposes right?
On a side note, is it too complicated to RNG legends on HG/SS for someone that has already RNG'ed some bred pokemon? and ALL legends respawn post-e4 if I kill them right?
I didn't say it would be impossible to RNG for the Red Gyarados, we just haven't worked out the correct frames at this time. It will be possible, and Expert Evan has already RNG'd for one through trial and error.

And yeah, all stationary Pokemon (not just legends) respawn after beating the Elite 4, if you haven't caught them yet.

I'm having serious trouble trying to manipulate the Emerald RNG to get some shiny Pokemon, and I'm hoping someone here can help. I've followed the guide in this GameFAQs topic.

My Trainer ID is 63920, my secret ID is 04664, and according to the Emloop this is one my six shiny frames.

Emloop said:
3156F,(52.6秒),すなお,7-18-23-24-6-5,[地54]★
EmeraldRNG.csv says that the frame is neutral natured, but I just found a Docile Zigzagoon with those exact IVs (7-18-23-24-6-5), and it is not shiny. I had no idea what to do next so I came to Smogon and read a bunch of stuff.

I downloaded method2.csv from Smogon and I see that those IVs are for frame 3153, and I also see that frame 3156 is listed as having these IVs.

method2.csv said:
3153 0:52.55 Docile 7 18 23 24 6 5 Ground 54
3156 0:52.60 Jolly 7 25 0 19 3 14 Psychic 66
I figured that maybe Emloop gave me the right frame with the wrong IVs, so I decided to try for the frame 3156 listed in method2.csv. Well, I just found a Jolly Wingull with those exact IVs (7-25-0-19-3-14), and it is not shiny either.

I have no idea what to do now, so I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm doing wrong here. This makes no sense to me as I never had this much trouble the first time I did this (over a year ago).

By the way, I'm synchronizing with a Natu/Xatu, Sweet Scenting with an Oddish, and my timer is set at 47.330 seconds.

Has it been confirmed that the frame of Sweet Scent is different depending upon the Pokémon that is following you?

Also, does the frame advance to the "actual" frame after the battle regardless of whether I catch, defeat, or run from the Pokémon?

I didn't say it would be impossible to RNG for the Red Gyarados, we just haven't worked out the correct frames at this time. It will be possible, and Expert Evan has already RNG'd for one through trial and error.

And yeah, all stationary Pokemon (not just legends) respawn after beating the Elite 4, if you haven't caught them yet.
Ok, thanks, I'll just kill it and save it for when something is discovered then.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I'm having serious trouble trying to manipulate the Emerald RNG to get some shiny Pokemon, and I'm hoping someone here can help. I've followed the guide in this GameFAQs topic.

My Trainer ID is 63920, my secret ID is 04664, and according to the Emloop this is one my six shiny frames.

*snip*
Thanks for being so thorough. According to RNG Reporter, you don't have a shiny spread near that frame at all. Also you have way more than six shiny frames, otherwise the odds of getting a shiny wouldn't be 1 in 8192.

Has it been confirmed that the frame of Sweet Scent is different depending upon the Pokémon that is following you?

Also, does the frame advance to the "actual" frame after the battle regardless of whether I catch, defeat, or run from the Pokémon?
First I've ever heard of this.

And the answer to your second question is the "actual" frame + 6, regardless of all of those.

Ok so I'm trying to RNG Suicune in HG/SS. I'm using Method K. I have no trouble with the seed, it's the frame advancing that's causing problems. The frame is 25. Suicune's frame is 1. I call Elm 24 times. But when I interact with Suicune it's not shiny, and that's what I have it set to. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for being so thorough. According to RNG Reporter, you don't have a shiny spread near that frame at all. Also you have way more than six shiny frames, otherwise the odds of getting a shiny wouldn't be 1 in 8192.

First I've ever heard of this.

And the answer to your second question is the "actual" frame + 6, regardless of all of those.
I've been saying for awhile that when I tested in the same seed using my Zapdos following me and my Alakazam following me, Sweet Scent always advanced 2 when Zapdos was following me and 1 when Alakazam was. These numbers remain consistent in different seeds that I have tested as well.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Ok so I'm trying to RNG Suicune in HG/SS. I'm using Method K. I have no trouble with the seed, it's the frame advancing that's causing problems. The frame is 25. Suicune's frame is 1. I call Elm 24 times. But when I interact with Suicune it's not shiny, and that's what I have it set to. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
First step in finding out what you did wrong is catching the Suicune to find out how far off you were, and finding its IVs\nature to plug into RNG Reporter. That tells you where you screwed up.

I've been saying for awhile that when I tested in the same seed using my Zapdos following me and my Alakazam following me, Sweet Scent always advanced 2 when Zapdos was following me and 1 when Alakazam was. These numbers remain consistent in different seeds that I have tested as well.
Hmmm. Okay, I'll make a note of that, but we can't do any more than that unless someone figures out WHY it does that. Frankly, there are dozens of candidate factors, ranging from the species of the Pokemon to its happiness.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First step in finding out what you did wrong is catching the Suicune to find out how far off you were, and finding its IVs\nature to plug into RNG Reporter. That tells you where you screwed up.

Hmmm. Okay, I'll make a note of that, but we can't do any more than that unless someone figures out WHY it does that. Frankly, there are dozens of candidate factors, ranging from the species of the Pokemon to its happiness.
Make a note that being on a Bike seems to always advances by one.

The six shiny frames I mentioned are just the ones that Emloop pointed out in the first 40,000 frames, although it appears that it doesn't actually know what it's talking about.

I've already downloaded the RNG Reporter, but I'm not sure exactly what to do with it. I entered my ID and SID, selected "Method 2", checked the "Shiny Only" box, and hit the generate button. It gave me this list. Did I do that right? Are these my true shiny frames?

RNG Reporter said:
932, 3c54d7db, 0:15.53, !!!,Bashful, 1, 3, 30, 24, 9, 1, 20, Electric, 31, M, M, M, M
1610, 39a6d228, 0:26.83, !!!,Jolly, 0, 29, 6, 16, 2, 27, 8, Steel, 61, F, M, F, F
12151, 12bef936, 3:22.51, !!!,Lonely, 0, 1, 7, 18, 11, 7, 17, Dragon, 64, F, M, F, F
17708, f6a21d28, 4:55.13, !!!,Relaxed, 0, 10, 18, 3, 4, 29, 16, Fire, 34, F, M, F, F
27342, 5a85b10d, 7:35.70, !!!,Adamant, 1, 27, 25, 1, 27, 20, 18, Bug, 45, F, F, F, F
38110, 4372a8fa, 10:35.16, !!!,Lax, 0, 28, 2, 10, 1, 1, 25, Ice, 33, M, M, M, M
49827, 4d02a68b, 13:50.45, !!!,Naive, 1, 10, 31, 31, 20, 23, 26, Water, 59, M, M, M, F
64928, 6d5f86d1, 18:02.13, !!!,Brave, 1, 11, 7, 18, 25, 16, 30, Rock, 39, M, M, M, M
65881, d5893e03, 18:18.01, !!!,Modest, 1, 9, 9, 13, 11, 23, 27, Dark, 65, F, F, F, F
67173, 4315a898, 18:39.55, !!!,Jolly, 0, 10, 13, 4, 17, 10, 10, Rock, 56, M, M, M, F
80586, 6f6384ed, 22:23.10, !!!,Rash, 1, 6, 3, 9, 11, 16, 16, Bug, 42, M, M, M, M
92405, 951f7e90, 25:40.08, !!!,Hardy, 0, 9, 7, 14, 19, 5, 8, Psychic, 43, M, M, M, F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)