Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

First I've ever heard of this.
I recall reading that somewhere back, but after digging through this thread, I can't seem to find it. What I did find, though, is that it is different depending upon your seed. Is this something that I can find through Seed Verifier or anything? I'm going after a Mewtwo on frame 116, and would like to plan in advance how a series of SS could advance my frame quickly, rather than calling Elm 111 times (starting frame due to roamers is 4, according to Seed Verifier).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I recall reading that somewhere back, but after digging through this thread, I can't seem to find it. What I did find, though, is that it is different depending upon your seed. Is this something that I can find through Seed Verifier or anything? I'm going after a Mewtwo on frame 116, and would like to plan in advance how a series of SS could advance my frame quickly.
Well, at the very least you know your end frame: Method 1 frame of the caught Pokemon + 6. Doesn't matter if Sweet Scent initially advances by 1 or 2.

Doesn't matter if Sweet Scent initially advances by 1 or 2.
I'm a bit confused by this. My seed is b115045e. Since my starting frame is 4 due to having all 3 roamers out, if SS advances my frame by 2, getting the Pokémon on frame 6 will advance the frame to 24 (actual = 18), but if it only advanced it by 1, then the Pokémon on frame 5 will advance the frame to 34 (actual = 28).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm a bit confused by this. My seed is b115045e. Since my starting frame is 4 due to having all 3 roamers out, if SS advances my frame by 2, getting the Pokémon on frame 6 will advance the frame to 24 (actual = 18), but if it only advanced it by 1, then the Pokémon on frame 5 will advance the frame to 34 (actual = 28).
Doesn't sound like you're confused at all. Looks right to me.

Doesn't sound like you're confused at all. Looks right to me.
I was just confused by your comment about it not mattering whether it was +1 or +2, since my frame after the SS would be very different for +2 (24) than +1 (34).

I think what I'll do is:
1. Check the locations of the roamers on the map to see if I've hit my seed.
2. Use SS and catch the Pokémon. Check its stats, and see what frame it would be on, and determine frame advancement.
3. Check to see where I'd end up after a series of Sweet Scents. Stop at the last one before my target frame, then advance the frame the rest of the way via calls to Elm.

Sound good?

Also, if my Sweet Scented Pokémon's frame minus my starting frame is 2, then after my first Sweet Scent, the next one will get me a Pokémon at the first one's "actual" frame plus 8, right? (+6 is standard, +2 for advancing by 2)

Yup! Good hunting.
Thanks for the help, OmegaDonut, RNG Reporter is much easier to use than Emloop. I was hoping to have a shiny before I replied, but it appears that it will be impossible for me to hit the first two frames and I don't have a synchronizer for the third yet. I'm ready to call it a night now; I think tomorrow I'll start a new game and try soft resetting for some good shiny frames.

Got a ? for respawning the roamers post-E4:

Does that one NPC in the Pokemon Center area move in the same pattern every time as long as you start the game on the same seed? Or is it also dependent on the current frame when you walk into the building?

I have a question in the seed verifier for HS/SS it says forced seed advance 1 frame after verify 11 so if I am aiming lets say for a frame 30 on a suicune after the verify it would be 11 + 1 of the monster frame of suicune so I would need to advance it 18? because I thought that calling elm 10 times would advance the frame by 10 and not 11. Also if I call the youngster joey and he says something like" I am checking out rattata`s moves and devising some strategies. When I come with a good one let`s battle" he isn`t seeking for a rematch right?

I have a question in the seed verifier for HS/SS it says forced seed advance 1 frame after verify 11 so if I am aiming lets say for a frame 30 on a suicune after the verify it would be 11 + 1 of the monster frame of suicune so I would need to advance it 18? because I thought that calling elm 10 times would advance the frame by 10 and not 11. Also if I call the youngster joey and he says something like" I am checking out rattata`s moves and devising some strategies. When I come with a good one let`s battle" he isn`t seeking for a rematch right?
It advances by 10 but your starting frame is 1 as there is no frame 0.
Also: Try the 0.4 version it has better displayment and is not that confusing.

Btw: please confirm if that works with the joungster I wanted to use the joungster for advancement as well

Hi im new to the world of RNG i have honestly tried to learn what i can about the hows and dos, but i honestly cant keep up. I only have a copy of soulsilver and i understand its nearly impossible to RNG for a shiny here without the pokeaps but im intrested more in to IV rnging. ALmost all videos that i have searched and watched are directed towards Platinum and the step by step instruction at the start of the page is also directed mostly at Platinum. the 2nd Post on the first page only leads me to more questions as i can see that its more in detailed towards a profressional audience.

My point is can someone truly help me out with RNG IV in Soulsilver im currently at my wits end =( and any help would greatly be appreciated, please take note that i have tried to find out on my own but maybe im just not as smart as you guys

a step by step instruction on SOulsilver RNG using the Rng reporter and where and how to go from there would be GODSEND yes im begging

I have a few questions on emulators. I've heard loads of talk about "save states", which I'm pretty sure are an option on emulators. But, what is the standard DS emulator that most people use? And where do you get games for emulators? Also, if I were to run, say, Emerald on an emulator, would I be able to PalPark the pokémon I catch onto my Diamond or HeartGold carts, or would I need a middle-man GBA cart? Similarly, if I were to run SS on an emulator, would I be able to trade to my current DS games? If so, how?
Also, would I be able to play Wi-Fi battles through an emulator?

If anyone can answer some of these questions, or link me to an FAQ or something, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: @the guy above me: IV abuse is easy. If you have a flawless ditto, then try using the seed 7C08023F. On frame 2 of that seed, the spread is 3x B inheritance, 3x 31, giving you a hexflawless egg if the B parent is flawless. Basically all you need to do is hit your seed and immediately talk to the old man, since you'll likely start around frame 2. It might take you a few tries, but I found it relatively easy to hit with the help of PikaTimer

I have a few questions on emulators. I've heard loads of talk about "save states", which I'm pretty sure are an option on emulators. But, what is the standard DS emulator that most people use? And where do you get games for emulators? Also, if I were to run, say, Emerald on an emulator, would I be able to PalPark the pokémon I catch onto my Diamond or HeartGold carts, or would I need a middle-man GBA cart? Similarly, if I were to run SS on an emulator, would I be able to trade to my current DS games? If so, how?
Also, would I be able to play Wi-Fi battles through an emulator?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that, in the context of RNG abuse, emulators are used mostly for research purposes. With debugging emulators or external RAM viewers, it's possible to look at the game's data values in RAM as the game is running, so when you perform an action that advances the RNG, you can see that change happen in realtime and understand a little bit more how it works in the process.

It is probably possible to convert and transfer saves between some DS emulators and a flash cart, but I'm not experienced with that. I would also think that asking where you can find ROMs is probably an unwise idea.

I see, thank you. I totally suck at hitting the correct seed/frame :p

Does talking with the old man count as a frame advancement?

I see, thank you. I totally suck at hitting the correct seed/frame :p

Does talking with the old man count as a frame advancement?
I'm not really sure. All I know is that you'll usually end up at frame 2 or 3, so do a bit of calibration to see what frame you're getting for a particular save, then work from that to find a target seed.

Well, what are the seeds you are getting?
9C100265 Seconds=51 Delay=603
90100C0F 39 3077
8F10157F 38 5493
9E100F56 53 3916
7F101172 22 4456
8E101254 37 4682
791003EB 16 993

Those are the initial seeds i got during calibration, I was using the "Find initial seed by IVs" tab
I should also note that I am using a flashcard..

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
90100C0F 39 3077
8F10157F 38 5493
9E100F56 53 3916
7F101172 22 4456
8E101254 37 4682
791003EB 16 993

Those are the initial seeds i got during calibration, I was using the "Find initial seed by IVs" tab
You choose the most reasonable one, the one that looks like the delay you were aiming for. If you were mashing the A button on Platinum, then the first one is it, because by doing that you get delays around 600.

Hi im new to the world of RNG i have honestly tried to learn what i can about the hows and dos, but i honestly cant keep up. I only have a copy of soulsilver and i understand its nearly impossible to RNG for a shiny here without the pokeaps but im intrested more in to IV rnging. ALmost all videos that i have searched and watched are directed towards Platinum and the step by step instruction at the start of the page is also directed mostly at Platinum. the 2nd Post on the first page only leads me to more questions as i can see that its more in detailed towards a profressional audience.

My point is can someone truly help me out with RNG IV in Soulsilver im currently at my wits end =( and any help would greatly be appreciated, please take note that i have tried to find out on my own but maybe im just not as smart as you guys

a step by step instruction on SOulsilver RNG using the Rng reporter and where and how to go from there would be GODSEND yes im begging
Use the step-by-step directions for Platinum, they're pretty much the same thing. Except you have to catch a Pokemon and check its IVs to verify your seed.

hi,

im new to rng and hope to enquire more about it here

currently im still looking around online to get my secret id so i want to understand more about rng first before i obtain my secret id

can someone enlighten me on what do the "second" and "delays" refer to?

i found the shiny finder app and was hoping to use it to get shiny eevees for my hg

thanks for your time

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Whoops :/ Use Omegas advice, but know that this is a big bug in RNG Reporter that will be sorted out fairly soon.

90100C0F 39 3077
8F10157F 38 5493
9E100F56 53 3916
7F101172 22 4456
8E101254 37 4682
791003EB 16 993

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Whoops :/ Use Omegas advice, but know that this is a big bug in RNG Reporter that will be sorted out fairly soon.
It's not so much a bug as it is a feature that's ahead of its time.

"Fixing" it will mean that you won't be able to use the Seed Finder to verify your seed if you are aiming for seeds with a high delay, which I know some people already do (and I recommend learning how).

Next release should have something like an "Advanced" button that lets you specify what delay range you want to search.

Ok so if my starting frame is always 1 since there is no frame 0, calling elm 10 times would advance my frame by 10 and suicune frame is 1,if I am aiming for a frame 30 should I advance my frame by 18 instead of 19?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)