Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Re: encounter slots (SS)
Are the slots for sweet scenting in buildings the same as the slots for sweet scenting in grass/caves?
I'm going for a koffing in the burnt tower, and there's no specific mention of in-a-building slots when I calculate encounter slots.
And what does "fishing result (___ rod): ?" mean? (Just wondering why it's there.)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Re: encounter slots (SS)
Are the slots for sweet scenting in buildings the same as the slots for sweet scenting in grass/caves?
I'm going for a koffing in the burnt tower, and there's no specific mention of in-a-building slots when I calculate encounter slots.
And what does "fishing result (___ rod): ?" mean? (Just wondering why it's there.)
the encounter slots for RNGing in a building is the same just use the encounterslots RNG reporter gives you for sweetscenting in a grass/cave. as for the fishing, the results when you use the rod in HG/SS haven't been included in the latest RNG reporter so if you use a rod to RNG by fishing you won't know if you will get a nibble or get nothing for a particular frame when you use the rod until you try.

Okay so I'm trying to collect an egg at the right frame. I just hit my time and delay and am trying to hit a frame of 21. Does collecting the egg add any frames to the RNG? I'm kinda confused by this line in the guide:

'Flip to a page where it says captured / defeated [Pokémon]. Do this three times to advance the frame from 6 to 12.'

When the target frame is 12...but where was the initial 6 frames?

This is in platinum by the way.

Edit: I'm facing north of the egg man (he's turned to the right). When I talk to him, does his 'turning to face me' advance the frame by 1 before the IV's are calculated?

You need to "calibrate" to work out your initial frame. First, change the date to two days in the future; this will ensure the journal pops up. Make a note of the date, hour and minute on your DS clock when you start the game (seconds aren't important here). That is, the minute it will be when you press A on the continue screen. Now, quit the journal and immediately pick up the egg; mash A as fast as possible after quitting. Now catch a Pokémon and use it to find your Initial Seed; either the IVs of any caught Pokémon, or the stats of a decently high level one. I.e. fly to the Survival Area and catch something there, then use its stats.

Once you have your Initial Seed (from the Seed Finder), go to the main RNG Reporter window and scroll down to DPPt Breeding, then hit generate with that seed. Hatch your egg and check its IVs; see where they come (which frame number) on the list. This is your starting frame!

It's best to do this calibration a few times, in case your frame jumps a little.

In the event that you're starting on an even frame and need an odd one, you can try to delay a very short amount after quitting the journal before picking the egg up and hope one of the NPCs gives you a 1 frame advancement.

Oh I see, I thought it was similar enough to just catching pokemon, but this makes it a lot more annoying. Thanks, I skipped the part about the initial calibration and missed the part about the frame calibration.

ok guys, need your help. I'm trying to capture a shaymin, and I can't seem to get it. here's what i've been doing:
- I found a timid spread from the 'special spreads' excel worksheet
- I copied the seed into the 'seed to time' option in rng reporter and found my target time of 19:00:54 (1/1/2041) and delay of 623
- I copied the seed into the rng reporter under 'method J' with a timid synchronizer and found my spread on frame 672
- I have no roamers, so i subtracted 1 from the frame to get 671
- I entered the game, hitting my target time and delay, varifying it with the coin flip trick
- I performed 333 journal flips, and then walked 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to reach a frame of 671
- caught shaymin using timid synchronizer

but it doesn't have the desired IV's or nature, instead i get a hasty spread on a frame of 605. any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok guys, need your help. I'm trying to capture a shaymin, and I can't seem to get it. here's what i've been doing:
- I found a timid spread from the 'special spreads' excel worksheet
- I copied the seed into the 'seed to time' option in rng reporter and found my target time and delay
- I copied the seed into the rng reporter under 'method J' with a timid synchronizer and found my spread on frame 672
- I have no roamers, so i subtracted 1 from the frame to get 671
- I entered the game, hitting my target time and delay, varifying it with the coin flip trick
- I performed 333 journal flips, and then walked 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to reach a frame of 671
- caught shaymin using timid synchronizer

but it doesn't have the desired IV's or natuer, and i found its spread on a frame of 605. any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?
You need to follow the rules on the first post a little more completely before we can help.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok, i've added my target time and delay. i don't see what else i can include
Rules said:
If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
Also you should just post the seed directly, not just the date\time. Because I don't see any nice-looking Timid spreads anywhere near frame 625 on seed 37130298 (which is what you get with the date\time\delay you posted). What is the spread you're going for anyway?

Also you should just post the seed directly, not just the date\time. Because I don't see any nice-looking Timid spreads anywhere near frame 625 on seed 37130298 (which is what you get with the date\time\delay you posted). What is the spread you're going for anyway?
the spread i'm going for is timid 30/17/30/31/31/31 on the seed 37130298 like you said. Its on a frame of 727, but when i produce it under method j spreads, the lowest frame i found it on was 672. I put the years up to 2041 to reduce the delay from 654 to 623

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
You sure you had your Synchronizer at the front of the party? Because the spread that shows up on frame 605 - Hasty 1\26\2\4\30\2 - also shows up on frame 672 if you don't have one.

hmmmmm, i thought i did. I'll try it all again and see if i can get it to work. thanks for your help =)
EDIT: got it, thanks omega

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since I have already caught both raikou & latios in my game and now want to go for entei but can now only determine my seed before entering the elite 4, I can't seem to recall if anybody determined how much slack in frames is it that I should consider from the time that I enter elite 4 until facing Lance.

So if I want to target frame 268, ideally what frame should I reach for before I enter the elite 4?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Since I have already caught both raikou & latios in my game and now want to go for entei but can now only determine my seed before entering the elite 4, I can't seem to recall if anybody determined how much slack in frames is it that I should consider from the time that I enter elite 4 until facing Lance.

So if I want to target frame 268, ideally what frame should I reach for before I enter the elite 4?
Try this:

- Save in an area with no NPCs. Reset the game, try to hit your target seed.
- In an area with no NPCs, use the radio and tune it to That Place, Those People. Write down the pattern of places\people discussed, then catch a Pokemon to verify your seed.
- Repeat until you've hit your seed.
(TPTP is the preferred station, but it's not available other stations that advance the RNG might work if you can figure out which responses change from seed to seed.)
- Go the Elite Four and save 1 step before Lance.
- Keep trying to hit your seed, using the radio's response to verify.
- Advance the RNG as normal, accounting for the advances from the radio verification.

We some information I got in my SS when I was trying to breed something. If the guy in the Route of the DayCare is seeking for a revenge your frame will always be advanced by 2 when you enter the game.

Hello, I'm new to RNGing, and I've read all of the first posts, and I uderstand it for the most part, but I'm a little confused about something for HGSS.
This is not a specific problem, but rather a question about the process.
If I want to hatch a shiny egg with a specific nature, I understand all the process of catching a >50 thing, determining the seed, plugging everything into the RNG reporter, and all that. What I'm confused about is what to do instead of coin flips and the happiness thing. For D/P it was as simple as getting the numbers for hitting the happiness app and flipping a coin, doing that, and then getting and hatching the egg. The first posts mention that in HGSS we can use the rngreporter to find a low egg PID, but I'm abit confused about what this means. So basically, in HGSS, when breeding a shiny with a specific nature, what excatly do we do instead of the coin flips and happiness apps?
Also a very minor question. RNGing to make something have a specific nature and be shiny has no hold on the inheritance of Ivs right?
Thanks for any help in advance.

INstead of coin flips and happiness checker apps, you have to generate each egg one by one to advance the frame. Well, it does seem that calling someone who's looking for a rematch can advance the frame; check the research thread for more info. The HG/SS thing takes this into account by only looking for eggs with low frames.

Yes, you can get the PID and IVs totally seperately.

Ok, I guess what I'm confused about is not so much how to advance the frame, bbut what the PID actually is. Is the PID generated in the RNG reporter the number of frames you need to advance to get the right egg? If not, where do I find the frames?

This is my situation in HGSS.

I am RNGing for a Kyogre with 31/9/31/31/27/31.
My initial seed is 9F0301F3.
My target time is 2010/4/23 03:39:28
My delay is 487.

I have been trying to hit it for hours now, and recently, I have caught a Pokemon immediately after I try to hit my frame. I caught the Kyogre to see how far out I was, when I discovered that in fact hit my time and delay, and my initial seed was correct. However, when I checked this seed in the seed verifier, it told me that the location of the roamers was R:31 E:43 L:17. Also the Prof. Elm check did not match. Is it possible that the verifier in both Seed Verifier 0.4 and RNG Report 7.50 is wrong, or is it a mistake on my part. Either way, I would like some assistance.

Ok, I guess what I'm confused about is not so much how to advance the frame, bbut what the PID actually is. Is the PID generated in the RNG reporter the number of frames you need to advance to get the right egg? If not, where do I find the frames?
Wow, after looking back at things I feel like this question was extreemly stupid. On the RNG reporter I was thinking that the Frames column was the PID column for some reason.
So basically, once I determine the frames, I put both parents in the day care, advance the frames via the radio, or other means that you can advance it by in HGSS (the starting frame being 3?), and once I get to the right frame, I snag the egg, and hatch it and all will be good with the world. Oh, and when determining the seed using RNG Reporter, I should click the "HGSS Delay" box right?
The only difference between HGSS and D/P really is the delay, which can be accounted for, and how you advance the frames, in that you can't use the poketech app for happiness and coin flips.

If I could just get some confirmation on this info that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh, and one more question. As far as the level 50 pokemon goes. Does it have to be greater than 50, or can it be equal to 50. Because the only pokemon, besides legends, that can be cought over 50 is golbat, which can be cought on Mt. Silver at 51. But its range is 48->51, so it could be tedious to find one, unless 50 is also acceptable, making every golbat a 50% chance to be a candidate... That would be nice.

Okay. I tried to RNG a frame 9 Timid shiny Raikou. I called Elm 8 times and the seed was confirmed. I beat the E4 and all of that. I started the game like normal, and went to find Raikou. Spotted it, and it wasn't shiny! I caught it in a Master Ball to see what the heck happened. Turns out he was frame 29! 20 frames above my target! The 56 seconds with my correct delay made me believe it was a second fluke, as it was supposed to be 59 seconds. Can anyone help me out before I try to beat the elite again and RNG Raikou?

Some other factors might have been:
1. Using items in battle (two Max Potions, two Max Revives)
2. Calling Elm inside the League buliding.
3. I had six Pokes in my party.

That's all I can think of.

Can anyone give me a rough guide to how to RNG Lugia in Soul Silver, first encounter?

I've RNG'd eggs for perfect IVs and shininess before in Platinum.

okay I have a question... in HG/SS there is an NPC that moves near the daycare? do you mean the cop guy? because for me he doesn't seem to move... or is it that he only moves at night?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)