1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

What the hell are you trying to do if you can't find a flawless Modest spread under delay 10000, frame 8000?

Even the special spreads Excel file on the first page shows a flawless spread, frame 114, delay 639. One of the easiest to hit.
  2. palkiaqua

palkiaqua

You can save one step before walking on their symbol on the pedestal thingy. You will be prompted to either say yes or no to creating them AFTER you step onto their symbol. I took advantage of this to get my RNG abused shiny dragon.

Besides, you could have just went through the whole process w/o saving to see where you could save. It's what I did.
  3. FireBlaster

FireBlaster

What about a flawless or near flawless spread for quiet TR poke with an ID of 15888?
    And exactly how do I verify my seed using the roamer method with all three of them running around?
  4. FireBlaster

FireBlaster

I am trying to do this, only I dont care if mine is shiny.
  5. palkiaqua

palkiaqua

That's gonna be a problem. You'll need around 99 rare candies to be 100% sure, or you could guess by the responses of the battle tower guy, the "judge."
  6. FireBlaster

FireBlaster

Or i could use metalkid's awesome IV calculator with about 10 or so candies.
  7. Christian

Christian

what method is riley's egg?
    Is it method 1 or J?
  8. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

method 1 its a gift pokemon
  9. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

if its the american version... Raikou is on 1 Entei is on 6... if it's the European... it's the other way around.... if its Japanese I'm not sure... but I BELIEVE it is the same as the American
  10. AznTri4d

AznTri4d

I did some searching around and couldn't find an answer. On steps 8 and 9 during the Frame Calibration phase for "Hatching Perfect Pokemon", would it be okay to fly somewhere where you can catch a high lvl Pokemon? Or would that mess up things?

If you can that would be awesome since finding IV's would be so much easier (less rare candies)
  11. Showsni

Showsni

Yes, that's usually fine.
  12. Riski

Riski

Is it even possible to RNG a Wishmaker Jirachi to show up onto Ruby or Sapphire with the right nature and stats when transferring from the Bonus Disk? I'm thinking probably not but hoping I'm wrong.
  13. \Alexivire/

\Alexivire/

if I defeat latias, she will return after beaten the E4?
    I've already relese her but I wanted to use RNG
  14. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

yes, she will
  15. viperGTS

viperGTS

I used the guide to RNG in platinum. What I meant by the 400 was the time it takes from pressing a on the ds menu to when the game starts, since I can't SR. Is it easer just to use the roamers to verify my seed rather then call elm 10 times?
  16. \Alexivire/

\Alexivire/

thank you, but when will she generated again?
    do I have to go again in the pokemon fan club, or she will be generated in the second before going to lance?
  17. Christian

Christian

Is there a timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread on platinum?
    Delay must be between 601-700
    I will change the years but i must be able to hit 601 as delay
    frame shouldn't be too high.
  18. Showsni

Showsni

Latias will be generated as soon as you beat Lance, you don't need to do anything else.

Yes, since you can just glance at the Pokégear's map and straight away see if you've hit it; but generally, if you're able to do both, I'd use the roamers as an initial verificiation and then a few Elm calls just to check.

Try seed d2140289, I think that's the one.
  19. Sekundes

Sekundes

I'm trying to RNG a Bold Suicune on seed 011506BA, frame 6. It has a delay of 1712, so I'm using Emloop to time my button presses. I'm at the stage where I try to hit the seed, capture Suicune, and try to find out how long the delay is when the game is loading, or the delay of my white screen. using the IVs of the first Suicune I caught and metalkid's IV calc, entering in the IVs into the IV to Pid to find the seed I hit after calling Elm 5 times to get to frame 6, the frame my spread is on. When I try to enter the seed I got, 968EFCD5, into the Seed to Time fields, it says I have an invalid seed.

How is the seed invalid?
  20. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I have a question; I'm trying to figure out my average Seconds and range of Delays but just randomly I get seconds as high as 44 when they are no more than 15-16 and the delays still stay as low as 601. Is this normal?
  21. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

yes because your seconds and delay are two different things, I can get a seconds of 1 and a delay of 5067 if I felt like it, your seconds are based off your DS clock while the delay is based on the amount of time you spend on the continue screen, it increases at a rate of about 60/second.
  22. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Oh, okay I see; so to stop this I have to soft reset exactly at the next minute?
  23. Showsni

Showsni

Seconds is the seconds value of the DS clock when you enter the game. To get weird ones like that, you must not be soft resetting when the DS clock reaches 0 seconds on a new minute.
  24. AznTri4d

AznTri4d

I was calculating my SID and I keep getting a four digit number. I used a pokemon that was caught without chaining and found its IV's. I've calculated it myself and used RNG reporter's calculator and still get the same number.

Is it normal to get a four digit SID?
  25. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

yes thats what you do.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)