1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Okay thanks; I think I've been soft resetting at random times in a minute; so that's why its happening.
  2. Christian

Christian

New page
  3. Showsni

Showsni

It's possible, yes. Remember, 1234 is the same thing as 01234. So you could just out a 0 in front to get it five digits. But it makes no difference.
  4. AznTri4d

AznTri4d

Thanks. I was getting tripped out by that.
  5. Showsni

Showsni

Did you miss the one I posted?
    d2140289
    You'll need a Timid syncher for Method J. It's Method 1 frame 114. Delay 639 in 2010.
  6. CHUNKYBOWSER

CHUNKYBOWSER

To RNG Suicune, I can save after that guy runs up and talks to me, correct?
  7. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

on Route 25? yeah.... you can RNG it whenever it stays still... the IVs aren't set until you initiate the battle
  8. pikmin

pikmin

how long does oddish's sweet scent take in emerald?
    thanks
  9. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

you mean like when you use it when does a poke show up? it should only take a moment....
  10. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

they want a specific number of seconds since you have to factor in that time on emerald to hit a specific frame, and this is something they should be able to do themselves and it isn't documented here.
  11. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

ahhh.... thats right... I forgot that Emerald is based almost ENTIRELY on time.... and thats why I hate its RNG.... lol
  12. pikmin

pikmin

I can't get it right, please just someone tell me, thanks.
    I got modest 21-22 28-29 4-6 28-29 30-31 28-29 ditto, worth keeping?

I used 4.5 seconds on sweet scent.
    wanted: modest 30 22 30 27 27 26
  13. uninstructed

uninstructed

So I have a question sorry if its newbish but does zooming by the Happiness Checker with the black screen so you see just the number, does that affect anything or is that OK.(This is in particularly in regards to shiny pokemon hatching.)
  14. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

iirc it is okay.... as long as it doesn't open up
  15. pikmin

pikmin

what a time for flawless adamant ditto in emerald?
  16. viperGTS

viperGTS

Thanks. Sorry, i have another question. When do i need to track the locations of the roamers? In RNGReporter it asks for Roaming Pokemon Locations. I know it's the routes (lol) but im not sure which locations i have to write down. Do i write them down before saving?
  17. Showsni

Showsni

Just before you save, yes, make a note of the routes then.
  18. viperGTS

viperGTS

Thanks. I have ANOTHER question (sorry). In seed verifier, what is seed advance for? It doesnt give me a starting frame.. is that because i have all 3 roamers out?
  19. Arcashine

Arcashine

I'm trying to breed a Growlithe with flawless ivs in Soul Silver. I have parents, nature and ability sorted, and saved in fron of the day care man. When I hit my seed, if I take the egg straight away and hatch it, I get the frame 1 ivs. If I call Elm before talking to the day care man I get frame 8. Does anyone know why this is? I'm aiming for frame 3. Should I try waiting before talking to him and hope the npc gets the frame to for me?
  20. Showsni

Showsni

@viper:
    Hm, I haven't really tried the standalone seed verifier so I'm not entirely sure; but the roamers will cause some frame advancements when you start the game. RNGReporter and the verifier should say how many frames they will advance it.

@ Arcashine:
    Sounds like the NPC is managing to move and mess things up in before you open the Pok├ęgear and after you close it. If you're quick, you can manage to do the frame advancements before he moves at all, with some luck. Or you could try waiting a tiny bit before picking the egg up and let him move and get the frame for you.
  21. viperGTS

viperGTS

How can i get RNG reporter to show me? Im guessing seed advance wont help?
  22. Showsni

Showsni

The frames they will advance should be shown in the same place it says their locations will be. Make sure you enter their previous locations, though.
  23. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

When we are capturing shinies; this is what we do, right? (I want to get it strait) -

1. Find Seed, and determine times.
    2. Sync with external clock at sync time.
    3. RESTART THE GAME AND PLAY UNTIL RESET TIME COMES UP THEN SOFT RESET AND MASH 'A' TO GET CORRECT DELAY.

Right?

Im asking because I seriously dont know what Im doing ...
  24. viperGTS

viperGTS

I did. I have another question, really sorry... BUT, how do i find my initial seed if i got it wrong? Seed verifier wont show me, and RNG reporter wont either. I triple checked to make sure i entered everything correctly, as well as the HG/SS Delay box.
  25. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

You can use the initial seed finder and enter the correct information, because as long as you do this it will work. Assuming it was not frame > 1000 or a delay more than 3600. If you met the following conditions and it didnt work, then you entered something incorrectly. Period.

You could also go back a page or two and find rng reporter 8, beta 3 (has all the functionality of the standalone seed verifier + more) which has adjacent searching via elm flips/roamers, but that might be a little complicated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)