1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

There is one nuance to "Search Elm Responses" -- it starts searching from the item you have selected in the grid. So, if you had scrolled down to frame 99 and clicked it would have started searching from there. No idea if thats what happened, but keep it in mind.
  2. Akayfortyseven

Akayfortyseven

Oh right, I see what you mean. Il try that. I ended up catching a spread that was 3 frames above, rash natured. I tried again and hit my seed straight away, and literally followed the string of elm calls generated, I got to frame 98s call, and thought that I would be on frame 99, turns out I caught the same rash Moltres, on frame 102. I will try again and just call to what I believe is frame 96? Logically if I keep landing 3 frames ahead Il try it, just wondering what could be causing it?
  3. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

That's pretty bizarre. Are you set up for a synchronizer when you don't actually have one, or do you have the wrong nature? Check for mismatches like that. And yeah, I suppose if it keeps doing that, then hit it three frame earlier. One other thing, I have not gotten any of the HGSS stuff yet, so is there anything you are doing like calling elm before walking through a door to finally catch it or something like that?
  4. Akayfortyseven

Akayfortyseven

Your telling me, I thought I had it this time!

I dont have a sync, and to be honest I dont know how to set up for one. Im assuming I havent, I got the spread from PokeRNG and just used seed to time to find a time for it.

Im saved in front of Moltres, I reset, open map, check that enteis on route 45, then call elm, if the first 10 calls match, I continue. Ive been using the radio to speed things up, then calling again to find whereabouts I am, on the 98th call I exit the pokegear and speak to Moltres.

There are wild pokemon in the area but I dont move for the whole process.
  5. mingot

mingot free agent

Whats the actual seed?
  6. winzev

winzev

Can anyone help me with my quetion >.<
  7. Akayfortyseven

Akayfortyseven

5d1303dc, Frame 99.

EDIT: Argh. I hit the seed again, and tried -3 frames, ended up getting something on frame 83? What the hell.

EDIT: And again, I went for frame 98, got the rash one, frame 102. I guess I need to try again. I can definately discount going for the desired frame off the bat... sigh. Next time I hit it im trying for -3 frames to verify im doing everything right.
  8. winzev

winzev

okay, sorry i'm a little out of topic, but i keep searching in that place, how do we found our current seed, and what should we do with the Target Seed ??

So, i want to hit this one
    PID: 77d3b054 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/7/30/30/31/30 (Seed: 2d0a0296 Method 1: 682, J (synch): 671, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 670, K (no synch): 671) HP FIRE 70
    Since, i want a Roamer, it's a Method 1 right ?
    So, in the Seed verifier, i put in the Seed as it's written up there ( my target seed ), or my current seed ? then how do i advance my seed to the target seed ?

Okay, i never done the legendary abuse, i only experienced in the DPPt Breeding RNG Abuse, so can anyone help me here ?

at breeding, i ussually caught a pokemon to ferivy it's seed, then, how about this one ? since i use the seed verifyer, so then, if i want to get my target seed, how do i do it ?
  9. Newts

Newts

Moltres is a method K Pokemon. Frame 99 is Rash 14/24/22/19/16/19

What you need to do is have a Modest Sync in your lead and aim for frame number 86 or 92
  10. Akayfortyseven

Akayfortyseven

Oh. Haha. Your right, been so used to doing Method 1s :/.

Thanks... *Tail between legs*

EDIT: Looking on the list for method K, there is no decent modest spread that I was initially aiming for, what spreads are on 86/92 with a sync?
  11. Newts

Newts

Modest Hidden Power Grass 70 There will be a drop box with 'Sync Nature' Choose modest and regenerate your list and you will see. Your desired spread is not available without the sync.
  12. Akayfortyseven

Akayfortyseven

Fantastic, your a legend, and I, clearly, need my eyes testing.

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it! Thanks all.
  13. Showsni

Showsni

You can RNG Latias in Vermillion, though it can be a bit tricky as the frames can be inconsistent. I RNGed it inside the Pokémon fanclub, before picking up the Clefairy Doll; though you could probably do it inside the fanclub after picking up the doll too.

Attempt to hit your seed in the fan club as usual, then advance the frames. You'll get some frame advances when you leave the club whilst Steven is walking over to you that you can't control; it's somewhere around 7 to 8 generally, I think. So first time you'll just have to catch Latias, work out its frame, and then compensate on your next go. Note that every frame you try can give a different number of advances; when I was doing it, I overshot my frame the first few times, but I actually needed to add a frame to end up getting the one I wanted, as the higher up frame ended up giving fewer advances when I left the fanclub.
  14. mtsilverchampion

mtsilverchampion

Is there any information here about RNg'ing in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg?
  15. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

I BELIEVE there has been some on it... (considering eppie has a flawless Naive Mewtwo from FR....) so if all else fails.... ask him where you could find some....
  16. Valkart

Valkart

Can anyone help me with my question please? Thanks.
  17. Ruby Crisstae

Ruby Crisstae

may I have some help on this pls...ok, right now im calibrating my average delay to abuse my SId using the pandoras box(the far right option), i put in my time, and my id and date, and avg delays, i keep hitting around 3800's, is this a good way to calibrate?, and i was wondering if the sid listed with my delay for the id i obtained while calibrating after putting in the time and id number legitimate? also im not sure about my delays being in 3800's bc everyone gets 5000's, is the delay in the beginning(from ho-oh scene onward) added to the delay for when you start a new game(with prof oak)? since my avg delay is 487 from start to cont
  18. SD_Kabu

SD_Kabu

on which encounterslot come the pokemons in trophy garden by day?
    thanks for help :))
  19. Miria

Miria

Hiya, I've just gotten into RNG breeding in my platinum game... until now I've not had any massive issues. Although I just.. constantly seem to be hitting the wrong delays? Sometimes I decide to change the targeted delay to something I seem to be hitting more frequently, but then all of a sudden I hit the one I was going for earlier. -_-' If I do hit the right delay, it ends up being a frame too late, even though I've not actually seen anything move, not done anything differently?

Trying to Egg-IV abuse Pidgey..I've already got it perfectly in the egg, with the right nature, ability and all that. 9E020267 is my seed on 2011, 03, 31 at 2:50:15. The delay I'm trying to hit is currently 604, but I've been getting everything between 590, 594,596,598,600,602,604 and 606. =(

I've tried Pikatimer, I don't quite get it though to be honest even after thorough read-ups. -_-' Could it have something to do with my AR being designed for a DSi and me using a regular DS? Honestly, I've calibrated and practised so much on getting the same delay and I just can't seem to get a frequent delay that's always the same even if I myself feel I've not done anything different!
  20. Zippo

Zippo

i think its 6 and 7

yep here it is
    copied from the first page
  21. Pokethan

Pokethan

The AR shouldn't affect anything. You have to make sure your seconds are calibrated for when you boot the game on the AR. If you are able to hit the area your delay is in consistently the oonly thing I can recommend is to keep on trying for the right delay and to keep checking the seed until it is correct. Hitting the delay is always the hardest part. Just keep on trying until you suceed. For the frame try and see if there is a later frame if you start one frame late. Ot check if you have roamers. If you are getting the egg from the day care man there is a NPC that moves near there so you have to press A as soon as it starts.
  22. KageryuEX

KageryuEX

Hi, I've just gotten into RNG breeding this week, and I'm already facing a little problem:
    I'm trying to get a 31/24/30/30/30/30 timid Azelf (Seed: 320a0275).
    I have no problems with hitting the seed, but with the frame advancement. According to RNG Reporter, the Azelf should appear on Frame 581 while using a timid Synchronizer, and seeing how Azelf's Monster frame is 1, I should need a frame advancement of 580 (= 290 journal flips), right?
    However, the Azelf I always get has the following IVs: 11/7/4/7/23/9. I also went out of the cavern directly after I caught it and sweet scented on the water and caught an impish psyduck with the following IVs 7/19/3/16/4/4 (just in case the data is useful in any way).
    What am I doing wrong? D:
  23. Showsni

Showsni

Well, the spread you're getting appears on frame 582 (and a few other nearby ones), so most likely you're getting an extra advancement somewhere. Do you have any roamers out?
  24. KageryuEX

KageryuEX

Nope, no roamers out.
    Edit: Wait, actually I do. Weird... I was looking at the map and it showed no roamers, after that I flew to Veilstone City and then it showed one to be out. o__O
    Edit#2: Thanks for your help =)
  25. zahir

zahir

How do I check if I have hit the correct frame?
    Because it really frustrated me when I hit my time and delay perfectly after so many tries and ended up advancing incorrect number of frames. So if anyone can tell me that, I would be more than grateful. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)