Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You'll notice that only shows up if you have one or more of the roamers checked. Meaning one of the responses was skipped because the roamer advanced the RNG.
All 3 of the roamers are out on my game. I still look out for the Elm Responses in that order right? The Skipped part is just useless info?

You could try a few different random frame advances to get Lati. When I tried, I can't remember the exact details, but I needed something like frame 90. Tried 82 advances, got 1 over. Tried 81, got 1 over. Tried 80, got 1 over. Tried 79, got 1 over. Tried 78, got 5 under. Tried 83, got it.

Hi, I just joined and am looking into building a team using RNG , however I was wondering if this RNG manipulation only works on roaming Pokemon and Pokemon like Drifblim who occupy a specific location or does it work with wild Pokemon in grass and caves?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I just joined and am looking into building a team using RNG , however I was wondering if this RNG manipulation only works on roaming Pokemon and Pokemon like Drifblim who occupy a specific location or does it work with wild Pokemon in grass and caves?
it works on them, on bred pokes, etc just read the first page, the first post has a list of guides for each type of abuse.

Been trying to do my first non egg RNG and been having some trouble.

Got my time and delay range sorted, found a spread, nothing too much, just a shiny with a couple of 30s.

Im aiming for 23:54:14 with a delay of 620, so I'm setting the clock at 23:53 for each attempt at hitting my seed.

Out of maybe 10 attempts so far I managed to confirm via 10 coin flips that I was on the right track so started to advance the frame.

Heatran is on frame 1, and I want 146 so I walked 128 steps with 5 in the party, to take it to 140, then did 70 journal flips.

Talked to Heatran... no shiny. What did I do wrong? =(

On DPPT journal flips, can I just flip back and forth to the same page over and over to increase the RNG?
Yes

BTW I have a few questions about HGSS..

1. While hatching for specific natured/Shiny eggs. You have to use the Shiny egg finder right? If you use Elm Call to verify the seed, will it affect the IRNG?

2. So the Elm call works like Coin FLip in DPPt? Can it be used anywhere?

3.While hatching flawless eggs, do you have to set your target to be >13 if you use Elm to verify the seed?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm doing this for the first time today in diamond. I'm working on:

Chimchar
Rash / Shiny (got these already on the egg)
30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
second: 16 Delay: 625 frame: 9

These are some of the delays (time and frame were right on) I've hit:
621 x 2
623 x 4
627 x 1
629 x 2

So I know I'm in the general area for the timing. Any tips for hitting the delay with more accuracy? Or is it usually just up to luck at that point?

edit: Also, does the lopunny running back and forth count as an npc?

So I'm doing this for the first time today in diamond. I'm working on:

Chimchar
Rash / Shiny (got these already on the egg)
30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
second: 16 Delay: 625 frame: 9

These are some of the delays (time and frame were right on) I've hit:
621 x 2
623 x 4
627 x 1
629 x 2

So I don't think I know I'm in the general area for the timing. Any tips for hitting the delay with more accuracy? Or is it usually just up to luck at that point?

edit: Also, does the lopunny running back and forth count as an npc?
Yep, it's just luck up to this point. BTW, i don't think the Buneary counts...

I've decided I'd rather not do Electivire right now, if I delete the Wonder Card before I collect the gift, will the deliveryman go? Will I be able to get the Electivire again later? If not to the second question, would I be able to make a new account on PBR and get another one?

corrected me if im wrong but if your target time is something like this

00.58.59 does it turn into this 00.58.00 am i corrected or am i wrong please help quick

00.58.59 does it turn into this 00.58.00 am i corrected or am i wrong please help quick
That's your Synchronize time. Set your DS to this time. We need to know your seconds before we can find out your reset time.

Kirbyman62 what one do i Synchronize with this one 00.58.59 or 00.58.00

the 00.58.00 is my target time but i thought you had to roll it back little

If you're using a timer like emloop to hit your delay setting it to 00:58 will generally be fine.

If you're button mashing, you'll need to know how many seconds the mashing normally takes and account for that when you soft reset.

Yes

I have a few questions about HGSS..

1. While hatching for specific natured/Shiny eggs. You have to use the Shiny egg finder right? If you use Elm Call to verify the seed, will it affect the IRNG?

2. So the Elm call works like Coin FLip in DPPt? Can it be used anywhere?

3.While hatching flawless eggs, do you have to set your target to be >13 if you use Elm to verify the seed?
Thanks

1. Yes, No

2. Yes if you met the preconditions, but we need an update on this one as there are some new ways verifying your seed discovered

3. Target Frame: Yes, Target Shiny Egg: No
Thanks, the fact is, I just did my first HG abuse before I saw this message. ^_^ A Timid HP Elec Suicune
Edit: I have 2 legendary Dogs roaming, how will this affect my seed?

So I looked through the spreadsheet for flawless Modest spreads, the only one (that's not on frame 6000+) has a 639 delay, which Emloop says is 10.65 seconds (but it won't count it down after it's 60 seconds) yet the game takes 13 seconds to load in the fastest time possible. Therefore it's literally impossible to hit on my cartridge...how the hell am I supposed to do this?

Are the delays in HGSS is always odd/Even like DPPt? How can I manipulate it?
And I still want to know how roaming dogs will affect my frame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)