1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Showsni

Showsni

Yeah, I was typing before your next post. That makes it harder to see which way you've missed your frame, as there are several of the wrong one you could have hit. I'd say your best bet is either to use Elm calls to keep track of where you are all the way, or at least use them when you near the end of the frame advancements.
  2. Romsstar

Romsstar

While messing around with some other stuff, I kinda thought:
    Hey while emloop works perfectly on my PSP,
    I have nothing I could use on my mobile phone...
    While there are some online countdown systems and timers, most are not useful for RNGing.
    Well this changes now;)

Ladies, Gentlemen, Cats and any other living form that enjoys being here,
    hereby I present you the Pokemon RNG Timer. (Not that creative with names:P)

Pokemon RNG Timer
    PRNG Timer

How it works: Pretty easy. Input your target delay, press the convert button and the prog will output a predelay and a delay. press start.
    it should just work fine. It's supposed to:P

Tested on: Mobile Phone SE K850i, just works fine:)

So for everyone who wants to use his/her phone as a timer:
    Copy the HTML where your phone can access it,
    run it with the Data Manager or Browser of your phone.

Happy RNGing now where your phone can be a timer.

Of course making a J2ME application would be nice too, but hey this works and I'm lazy:P

PS: that domain above is mine and I probably will store more stuff there, depends on my mood;)
  3. viperGTS

viperGTS

Ok, i tried again but with 5 less frame advancements... and it still wasnt shiny, or the right nature. I got a sassy, non shiny ho-oh with IV's of 29 / 17 / 15 / 9 / 28 / 18
    What am i doing wrong, yet again?
  4. Romsstar

Romsstar

Did you advance with Radio or Elm only? Try with Elm only it will help you to kepp track of your frame..
    For some odd reason you hit Frame 85.
    I checked again with a Brave Synchronizer
    While your Target Spread seems to lie 89/91 and you hit 90 before (with synchronizer)
    try to go not less 5 advancements but only 1.
    So instead of the 5 try now 1 only.
  5. Showsni

Showsni

That's either frame 55, 85 or 99. Probably 85. If you'd done eithe 4 or 6 more advances you'd have got it; 5 more advances is the non shiny Brave one again.
  6. Valkart

Valkart

Guys, what's regular calibrated delay for Pokemon Diamond? To abuse my ID using pikatimer. Thanks
  7. Strydorman

Strydorman

Okay since I've seen its now possible, how do you abuse the Pokewalker? Is there a post, or guide on it I'm not seeing somewhere?
  8. Showsni

Showsni

If you can read Japanese there are some blog posts... Check out the RNG Research thread.
  9. Romsstar

Romsstar

To be exact there is just one thing I don't know yet. How to actually advance your frame. As soon as I find this out there might even come up guides^^

For any guys who wanna use RNG Tools on portable devices: check out my sig^^ There is probably more to come but I guess it's a nice start.
  10. viperGTS

viperGTS

So basically 85 elm calls?
  11. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

Nice... and wow Romsstar... you are being more hlpful than you originally let on... lol.... let me know if there really is just absolutely ANYTHING I can help you with :)
  12. Romsstar

Romsstar

Remember when you hit that one?
    Nature: Brave
    5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5

Basically do the same you did here but with one call /one frame advancement less. I really hope that it should be shiny that time.

If not well... umm... we'll try again then:P

Haha um thanks I guess:D I was probably in a bad mood at that time, I tend to be more helpful in a good mood:P
  13. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

tee hee hee.... and I meant just to everybody in general... not me... lol....
  14. Romsstar

Romsstar

Well maybe I just got nicer with time who knows.xD
    Anyways I help where I can or want to (rather want to:D)
    But hey guys cool news, I just tested On the Fly and the Timer on my SE K850i and they both work pretty nicely.
    Any other tests are appreciated^^
  15. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Could I get a little help here, please?

I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Latias in HG, using the directions in the second post. I save one step in front of Lance, then reset until I hit my seed (A00101F8). Both Raikou and Entei show up on Route 36, as they're supposed to, so I assume I hit my seed and delay (delay is 494, and I have Emerald in the GBA slot to make the delay even instead of odd).

Subtracting the 2 frames that Raikou and Entei use and the 1 frame that Latias will appear on, I advance the radio 120 times to get to my desired frame (123). Once done, I walk forward one step, fight Lance, blah blah blah.

When I start the game up and check my Latias, she's not shiny, or even anywhere close to the right nature... and I can't find the spread anywhere.

The first time I tried, the nature was Mild, but I was unable to find the IVs matching with the nature (I forgot to write down the IVs that time - sorry). The second time, I got Rash, HP: 31, Att: 31, Def: 16, SpA: 20, SpD: 25, and Spe: 30. It also doesn't appear anywhere on my desired seed.

Any ideas?
  16. Romsstar

Romsstar

1. Emerald is not confirmed to be switching your delay at all,
    but scrolling up and down the option menu at continue screen is.

Yes: RNG her post E4, you will have a lot easier time there than trying to succeed at Lance.

Why: First of all while Talking to Lance the RNG advances once 3-4 and when he shows you the picture of Latias 4-5. At the time when he shows you the picture the Roamer is set.

But due to MAYBE some NPCs, we can't say for sure, every time you leave the house on a different seed, your Frame is advanced to an unknown amount which can vary from 3-7.

Know I try to sum it up: You have actually 3 variables which could screw your frame up, which are NOT under your control.

Unknown Factors where you can screw up at Lance: 3
    Unknown Factors where you can screw up at E4: 0
    Known Factors where you can screw up at E4 and can be avoided: 1-2

Now it's up to you do decide if you reahehehehelly wanna RNG that beast at Lance's;)
  17. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

romsstar you confused lance with steve, steven is the one at vermilion city who shows you latias picture.
  18. Romsstar

Romsstar

Ah um, sorry, you know in germany we have different names for them, I keep mixing them up in English:(

But he wants to RNG for Latias, so only the name was wrong I guess he understands it anyways:P
  19. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Well, I got all odd-numbered frames when I was doing calibration, and having Emerald in the slot changed it to even, so I assumed it would have an effect.

I also RNGed successfully for Ho-Oh yesterday using Emerald to change my delay from odd to even, so I'm pretty sure it does work.

Also, I guess I should have made it more clear, but I already released Latias into the wild and fainted it before challenging the Elite 4, as the second post suggested.
  20. Romsstar

Romsstar

Ah wait Lance was the guy at E4s? Damn.xD
    All right but in that case... Why don't you use Elm Responses to keep track of your current frame to be sure that you hit it? Or did you try it already that way.
  21. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

The game won't let you call anybody while you're challenging the E4, so that's not an option, unfortunately.

And the thing is, the Latias I do end up getting isn't even a few frames away from my desired spread, but RNG Reporter can't even find the spread with the seed I'm using, even if I change the max results to something like 5000000. I am using method 1, too.
  22. kiddu

kiddu

Seed: A10101f8
    Frame: 124

Your did hit your delay. You were just one frame and one second off.
  23. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Ohhh, ok. That makes sense. The Mild Latias was frame 123 on that seed, too. Looks like I need to adjust the time by one second, then.

Thanks.
  24. acid_paradox

acid_paradox

So I've heard that the Pokéwalker RNG has officially been cracked by Nexus and someone else. I was wondering if anybody knows whether we have a guide up already or not?
  25. Silvaer

Silvaer

For the calbration part it says 'Repeat this procedure until you can confidently predict a range of delays and hit a particular second. This may take a bit of time, but the more data you collect the easier it will be. After this phase, you will have a range of the delays that are likely to occur and the number of seconds it will usually take you to get from reset to "Continue".', does this mean I'm supposed to try and predict other delays, or just gather information until I know my like average delay etc. I'm confused by the wording.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)