1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Showsni

Showsni

No, Elm advances the RNG, DPPt coinflips advance the IRNG.

What exactly are you trying to do?
  2. EXIE

EXIE

Sorry I wasn't being very clear.
    I just want to hatch a shiny egg in HG. And also would I still select the 'DPPt Egg PID (Normal)' method even though I'm using HG?
  3. Showsni

Showsni

Best method is the Shiny Egg finder. Go to "Time Finder" and then "Shiny Egg" and tick the HG/SS box.
  4. Valkart

Valkart

:/ I believe that my questions are not that hard for people who know RNG, I'm just learning this thing, so, I will have many many questions, then, why they get ignored? :( Here is again, a question I made:

What's regular calibrated delay for Pokemon Diamond? To abuse my ID using pikatimer. Thanks
  5. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

wel you can try hitting a delay, seeing by how much you missed and caliibrate yourself its not that hard, or you could wait here and potentially be ignored again.
  6. Valkart

Valkart

Nexus, I know how to do that, using Pandora's Box, but I'm talking about which amount should I input on the first field "Calibrated Delay" on Pikatimer, or, doesn't it matter?
  7. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

the calibrated delay is the delay that you hit most often when attempting to hit your target delay, lets say you want to hit a delay of 5345, but every time you try you hit a delay around 5465, that 5465 would be your calibrated delay, this is just an example btw.
  8. Gigafreak

Gigafreak

Finally, a PRACTICAL USE for Spinda!

Thanks! I'll give it a shot next time Spinda swarms on my Diamond card.
  9. kirbyman62

kirbyman62

10. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Fossil Poke'mon are Method 1, right?
  11. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

yes its posted on the article "how to catch perfect pokemon"
  12. SD_Kabu

SD_Kabu

has anyone a list with every flawless seed (hgss)?
    i haven´t ever time to search thx seeds :(
  13. kiddu

kiddu

Calibrated delay is the delay you most commonly hit in the calibration phase. There's really no such thing as "regular" calibrated delay, because it'll vary for each cartridge.

The spreadsheets linked to at the bottom of this page are the best that you'll get here. Otherwise, just use PokeRNG or RNG Reporter's Seed Finder's Open Search function to find spreads by yourself.
  14. thehunter784

thehunter784

I'm gonna need help. I just can't figure out how to rng no matter 4th or 3rd gen it always eludes me.Will someone help by guiding me through with my emerald version I would love you like a parent for the help:naughty:.

If someone wants to guide me through leave a reply to this around 5 i should be ready to recieve any help.
  15. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

I was going to RNG a Wobbuffet so I saved in front of the day care lady. I entered my SID and my ID and all. I looked for a spread and this was the spread that I wanted:
    Calm/Male/6 Flips/1 Taps/Delay = 612

I put it into PikaTimer with the delay of 612 which was the spread I was going for. I tried like 3 times until I hit my delay. I hit it and I got the correct coin flips. I did six extra flips for the frame and then I did one happiness double tap. I then put the parents in (Wobbuffet and Flawless Ditto). Ditto in first for the spread I am going for. I waited 'till he got the egg and saved in front of him. I put AR in for fast hatch and hatched it. I got a BIG surprise. A non-shiny Adamant Male Wobbuffet. I was like, "WOAH!" Somebody Please tell me what I did wrong >_< Same thing happened for the Houndour I tried to RNG. I need to know please and thank you.
  16. Showsni

Showsni

Didi you leave the happiness checker app open? You shouldn't. It's best to do the happiness taps, then go back and do the remaining coin flips.

Did you have 6 Pokémon in the party?
  17. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

I didnt leave it out for Houndoor I left out Coin Flip App. I had 6 when I did the advancements. I guess I'll try again...
  18. kiddu

kiddu

It would help if you listed your SID and the seed you were trying to hit.
  19. thehunter784

thehunter784

so is anyone ready to help me rng on my emerald
  20. Jimboman

Jimboman

What is the best way to advance frames in SoulSilver? The frame I am trying to reach is 755.
  21. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

Really, the seed? Fine.
    Seed: 47050268
    SID: 37345

NOW can someone help me?
  22. domeface

domeface

Just go through the calibration phase as described here, and use your most common delay. You should get something around the 600s-630s.
  23. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

Problem solved. I got a shiny Electrike :)
  24. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I use the top right (advances by like 14, but a bit inconsistent) to get pretty close to the number then I use Elm to check what frame I am currently on, then advance by using Pokemon Search Party or calling Elm (both advance by 1).
  25. Strydorman

Strydorman

How far in HG should I progress before I try to RNG with elm calls/everything else to make it easier?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)