Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok, I've been lurking about here forever, but this is really pissing me off, so if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

So anyways, I'm trying to SR a Lugia on Heart Gold, saved right outside the cave where he's in by the waterfall (so I can use the cellphone to make calls) facing the entrance. Other info:

Seed 260503a0, which gives 31/17/31/31/31/31
6/1/2010, 05:31:01, delay 918, frame 283
All roamers (Raikou, Entei, Latias) are killed off

Now hitting the delay and time is no problem, I've got that down fine. The problem is advancing the fucking frame; initially when I tried doing it (making 273 calls to elm after the initial 9 to verify the seed and adding another one since Lugia starts on frame 1 to come out to 283 frames advanced total), I hit either frame 242, 258, or 290 (all 3 seeds share the same IVs and nature), which puzzled me. So I assumed that I must have accidentally advanced it too far (believe me, you don't undercall 273 fucking times to Elm) and from there, I subtracted an additional 7 frames, reasoning that if I went 7 frames less, I would get to frame 283.

So from there, I then made 133 calls to Youngster Joey (which should advance it to 266 more frames), plus the 9 calls and initial seed Lugia is on, came out to 276 total frames advanced, which is 7 less than 283 and what I thought would solve my problems. However, I ended up hitting either frame 216, 254, or 296 (all 3 seeds have the same IV spread/nature), which is even more fucking off than before >.>

So my question is, what the fuck am I doing wrong here? All roamers are killed off, so that shouldn't impact the RNG in any way. I'm really at a loss here...I have 6 Pokemon in my party, but as I'm not walking 128 steps from my saved spot to get to Lugia (it takes 23 steps to get to him from my position), that shouldn't affect it either. So really...why the fuck is Lugia being a son of a bitch to catch?

The point is that Joey does not advance the frame for method 1 or K, it's just for eggs.
And use RadioSeed, it's way easier to understand in which frame you are.

The point is that Joey does not advance the frame for method 1 or K, it's just for eggs.
And use RadioSeed, it's way easier to understand in which frame you are.
Well that's not true, then the 2nd post at the begining of this whole thread (the one with the consolidated HG/SS info) quite clearly states: "Confirmed: calling the Youngster Joey on your phone (when he isn't seeking a rematch) advances the RNG by 2." As far as I know, he's not seeking a rematch (he just chats about his lame fucking rattata and how he's looking up strategies for it or whatever). So unless that's suddenly wrong and outdated, that isn't the answer. Not only that, but if Joey didn't advance the frame at all, I would consistently hit frame 10 or so, and I've never got a result like what it says on RNG reporter.

I don't trust the radio either, it's easier to mess up on than a call imo, plus at max, the only consistent one (lower right station) only advance it by a frame anyways, and I could just call Elm in that case then without having to drag the cursor about and worry about hitting another radio on accident.

So yeah..still looking for help. Anyone?

I have 6 Pokemon in my party, but as I'm not walking 128 steps from my saved spot to get to Lugia (it takes 23 steps to get to him from my position), that shouldn't affect it either.
You might still trigger the 6 frames advancement by doing 23 steps, because the 128 steps thing does not reset when you launch the game, that means if you saved and the "hidden step counter" was at 115/128 for example, then doing 23 steps will trigger the advancement..

You might want to do 23 steps then save again and try again ?

You might still trigger the 6 frames advancement by doing 23 steps, because the 128 steps thing does not reset when you launch the game, that means if you saved and the "hidden step counter" was at 115/128 for example, then doing 23 steps will trigger the advancement..

You might want to do 23 steps then save again and try again ?
I'll give it a shot, can't hurt I guess.

That's another thing that has been puzzling...how does it randomly advance by so much? 7 was what I initially got, but then it shot up even more (or less) somehow...so it what you're saying is true and that it advances by 6 within those 23 steps, then where does the 1 come from? Taking a step right into the cave entrance and triggering the cutscene can't advance it by just 1 frame, I don't even know if there's wild Pokemon in that area...it's just weird. Give me D/P over HG/SS any day, HG/SS is just fustrating the shit out of me, I've never had this problem in D/P.

I really don't like to use my average delay as I hit higher delays better with emloop. Is there anyway to do frame calibration with emloop for eggs, or am I stuck with using average delays? And just to make sure I'm right, I have to hit the delay everytime correct?
Anyone?

:EDIT:
Is there anything else besides RNG Reporter that will work since I can't use high delays in the reporter. Please I really want to use emloop for this as I'm in perfect synch almost all the time.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone?

:EDIT:
Is there anything else besides RNG Reporter that will work since I can't use high delays in the reporter. Please I really want to use emloop for this as I'm in perfect synch almost all the time.
the latest RNG reporter does high delays just look at mingot's sig for the download link.

Ah I see. I'm still using the one from last year. Thank you.

Now when doing frame calibration, do I have to hit my delay every time I collect my egg and go catch a pokemon?

Ah I see. I'm still using the one from last year. Thank you.

Now when doing frame calibration, do I have to hit my delay every time I collect my egg and go catch a pokemon?
You can, and it certainly helps, but it isn't always necessary. You certainly don't need to catch a Pokemon every time, either, seeing as the coin flips will tell you if you hit your seed just as easily.

Quick question about Pokewalker abuse. How do you find a spread? Is any possible spread in game possilbe in Pokewalker? Or is there some limitations too it. I saw Dark Chaos' post a few pages back so I see how to determine nature, but can I use anything for the spread?
New page repost.

Is your lead a synchronizer? That might be messing with your results if you have one when you shouldn't or don't have one when you should, as well as if you don't have RNG Reporter showing the appropriate option.

...As a matter of fact, with a Timid Synchronizer entered into RNG Reporter, the Brave Lugia you were getting at first coincides with Frame 289, exactly 6 after your target and supporting the idea that you were actually off due to the step counter. No idea about the second attempt, though.

Oh, and if you have two working hands, you can just hold down Down on the D-pad while you press the lower-right radio button with the stylus in your right hand, with no worries of dragging to another station by accident.

You can, and it certainly helps, but it isn't always necessary. You certainly don't need to catch a Pokemon every time, either, seeing as the coin flips will tell you if you hit your seed just as easily.
...oh fuck...oh shit...

You're right! I had an Espeon as my lead (just purely out of coincidence, Espeon is my favorite 2nd Gen Pokemon)...I can't believe I forgot it has Synchronize, no wonder it was all fucked up.

Thank you kiddu, you are officially my hero. Thank you so much!

I seem to be off and could use some help. For Diamond: For egg abuse: I checked that my frame is 6, put that it for my min frame and 99 for max frame. I choose 76 as my target frame, subtracted which made it 70, then divided by 2 which makes that 35 journal flips. After I do the journal flips, I check my coin flips to verify that I hit my seed. If I do, I hatch my egg, check the ivs, and they are not the right ones. And I know for a fact that I am dead on with my frame as I use Buneary as a way every time, plus I cancel the journal and collect the egg at the exact same time just about every time. Is there any problem that could be occuring from this?

Question: How do I check what Frame i start with in a particular save in HG/SS? You know, frame calibration...I'm trying to rng iv breed. I know in DPPt you're supposed to catch a high level pokemon as quickly as possible after collecting the egg, and then hatching the egg, to check what frame i hit, but the only high-level pokemon are all the way in mt. silver...

Some info: my target seed is 861001F3, target time is jun 20 2010 16:03:29, target delay for the seed is 489, target frame is 18

but yeah, how do i check my starting frame in HG/SS? :(

You don't have to worry about starting frames in HGSS so much. It depends on how many roamers you have out. If you have none, you start at 1. If you have three, you start at 4.

I seem to be off and could use some help. For Diamond: For egg abuse: I checked that my frame is 6, put that it for my min frame and 99 for max frame. I choose 76 as my target frame, subtracted which made it 70, then divided by 2 which makes that 35 journal flips. After I do the journal flips, I check my coin flips to verify that I hit my seed. If I do, I hatch my egg, check the ivs, and they are not the right ones. And I know for a fact that I am dead on with my frame as I use Buneary as a way every time, plus I cancel the journal and collect the egg at the exact same time just about every time. Is there any problem that could be occuring from this?
Not enough info. What are your results exactly? One frame up? One frame below? If you didn't get your results, you landed on an adjacent somewhere. What adjacent was it? Are you using adjacent finder to check your results?

Your coin flips can match a wrong frame, which means the cowgirls are frigging up your results. I recall getting the right coin flips for a frame higher than the one I wanted. The IVs sucked, of course. This may be happening to you.

Buneary has nothing to do with landing on your frame.

I meant I used buneary's movements as a way of telling me I was in synch the time from closing the journal to collecting the egg. And I would give more info, but I can't seem to match the ivs I got with anything after I click Generate Adjacent Results. Does that mean I should try even when if the coin flips aren't correct? I mean does that usually help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)