1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. JRT

JRT

Still need an answer on that. Also I seem to be fishing in a spot in which I get Feebas all the time which made me think, things would be easy, and so I have a frame of 300, subtract 4, do 148 journal flips, and fish, and I got a Feebas, but it wasn't the one I wanted. I don't even seem to be over or under my frame as its ivs didn't show up on the reporter. Can that happen with Feebas? I don't think it matters, but just to mention, my target time is 3:52 and when I'm done, it's like 4:04
  2. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

Which game are you doing this in? A game where Feebas only appears in like 6 places worldwide, but it always appears?
  3. JRT

JRT

Platinum. I've fished like 5 times so far, and I've gotten Feebas, 4 times for fun, and 1 time when I hit my seed and did my journal flips. Maybe I've been getting lucky I don't know. Still, my results wrong
  4. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

Have you caught each of these Feebas and looked at them? This is at serebii's Platinum -> Feebas factor page: ' However instead of 6 tiles that you can change at will, Feebas' tiles in the Mt. Coronet Range Water area is limited to 4 tiles that are changed every day. This is definitely a problem as if you are looking for a certain natured Feebas, you will have to keep looking every day.' I don't know exactly how it handles Feebas' appearance, but I would guess that it uses an RNG call or something to determine it's locations, and that could increase your frame unknowingly. As far as I know it's still generated with the same method as everything else wild, but it may not. Sorry, but I don't think I can help any further. I haven't tried fishing for RNG yet. I'll see what I can figure out. You might just be better off RNG'ing Feebas eggs.
  5. JRT

JRT

I'm afraid I'm a little lost on what you're saying. Are you trying to tell me that Feebas is somehow messing with my frame, and if so, I'm not really sure how it's doing this.
  6. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

The first zero is insignificant in mathematical terms. If you ever see an ID/SID that's only 4 digits, then the first digit is a zero. It has no bearing on calculations. I just checked both Gamestop Jirachi I have. One obtained in Pearl, the other in Platinum. They both have OT = 02270 and SID = 54369. That, to me, proves that event Pokemon have static SIDs that correspond to Gamestop or TRU or whatever. They are not related to your game. Especially since these Jirachi are dynamic PIDs with static SIDs. Also, be careful with legailty checker, it's getting old and doesn't incorporate a lot of new things like VGC Eevee yet.

I don't know either. It's just a thought. I don't know if Feebas follows the same methods as everything else or not. There has to be something that governs its appearance in certain locations. I just don't know any more than that. I will try to figure out more, but until then I hope someone else can help you better than I. GL.
  7. Dea

Dea

Does it incorporate the the draco meteor jirachi being distributed now?
  8. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

I doubt it. I just downloaded a new Legality checker to find out, and it's readme says February 18, 2010. The shiny VGC Eevee .pkm file from http://projectpokemon.org/events causes legailty checker to crash. the .pkm file from http://projectpokemon.org/events shows up hacked.
  9. JRT

JRT

Ok, because the closest thing I could have come to was a frame of 286, when my actual frame is 300. I don't understand how Feebas could have messed me up by 14 frames.
  10. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

It's been my experience that everything screws up your frames, moving NPCs, moving yourself, and if I didn't know better, I'd say a car driving by your house would advance your frame. My advice is to try and find someone who can use a debug tool and check the Feebas frame for you. Other than that, I have no idea what could be going wrong for you.
  11. JRT

JRT

Um ok. Well if anyone would like to help with this debugging, or know something else, that would be greatly appreciated. It's a shiny spread, just to let you know.
  12. Dea

Dea

Legends aside, I never RNGed for wild pokemon. I say breed it.
  13. JRT

JRT

Sorry that doesn't really help my case. Anyway, it is possible to RNG for Feebas, so I will wait patiently until someone can address my problem.
  14. kiddu

kiddu

There is one thing you can do that might help: if you're checking its IVs anyway, then you can enter them into Seed Finder like you were checking your seed that way, except with the "Show Monster" box at the bottom checked (and with DPPt selected over Open, naturally). That should give you both the seed you landed in case you had a false positive (it can happen, I hear) and the frame it was on. From there, adjust your frame advancements to match how far off you were and try again. If it doesn't work, make sure you're running the right seed/time, right IVs, etc.
  15. JRT

JRT

I found out what is going on, but I keep having problems:

These are the frames that are around 300. When subtracted 4 and did 148 journal flips, I hit 301, I even tried to subtract 3 and do 148 journal flips, but then I landed on 302. I then tried to hit 299 thinking I would hit 300, in which I did a turn and 147 journal flips. For some reason that stayed on 299. Is there some journal/flip combo I'm not doing right to land on 300? Anyone?

Apparently this has happened before:

:EDIT:

I'm going to try just 147 journal flips and see what happens

NVM once again I hit 299. Can anyone figure out what's going on?
  16. Waffleiron

Waffleiron

Sorry, if this has been asked before but what method are the platinum starters generated with? My search function isn't working it's saying overload on line 15 or something.
  17. ShinAkuma999

ShinAkuma999

I don't see any reason why Platinum would be any different than HGSS, in which it's Method 1. The starting frames for Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup, I don't know.

18. Waffleiron

Waffleiron

Thanks for the help. I suppose it won't hurt if my starter isn't flawless. Although the thought of playing through the game with a flawless starter was entertaining lol.
  19. Lemon_crr8

Lemon_crr8

not sure if this is the right place to ask but could someone please find my SID? My Plat FC is 5027 1792 0802
  20. Jigger

Jigger

I'm using rng reporter and I just figured out how to hatch shinies, which is great and all, but can I also control the ivs AND make it shiny? How do I do this?
  21. Tase

Tase

Doing my first HGSS abuse on a Groudon, and the Elm Response pattern RNG reporter gives for my target seed is

E, P, E, E, K, E, K, K, E, E.

However, when I'm resetting, sometimes I get the responses E, then E. So I catch the Groudon to check my seed, and Seed Finder says I hit my target seed (50 seconds, 1305 delay). So I select the seed to make sure it's the same as my target, and my target frame is generated.

In other words, RNG Reporter is somehow telling me the wrong Elm Call sequence. Any idea as to what's causing this?
  22. Xileh

Xileh

You might have roamers out therefore some frames (2 in this case) skipped therefore 2 calls skipped and your starting frame is 3.
    (if the roamers aren't causing this then you've done 2 advancements I don't know how before calling Elm)

In a general way, if this case reproduces and you see "E, E" and "E, E" is in your sequence just continue to check if you might have been on the right seed but with some unwanted prior frame advancements.
  23. Tase

Tase

That's what I'm going to resort to for now, but I shouldn't have to do this all the time. :\ I shouldn't have to catch Method K pokemon like Wondercards... >_<

And no, it's not frame 3, it's frame 1, so that can't be it. :\ I'm pretty sure I have no roamers out anyway.
  24. ryandometal

ryandometal

Hey, how can I RNG Giratina in distortion world? :S
  25. domeface

domeface

Watch the bearsfan videos on YouTube - when he describes how to get the desired nature etc, do what he says but with the shiny only box checked as described in the guides, then continue on as he shows you how to get IVs. I found his videos very helpful when I was starting out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)