Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

That's your problem then. The second parent is different with different IVs. You said you used this seed before, right? But with different parents. That was a seed for those parents. You need a new seed for this set.
>_<. I wasn't told I would need to have used the same parents. At least I know what my problem has been now though. Thanks for the help.

well what (for catching a poke) is your target time. like say the time i SR was 13:05 and my delay was 614 and it took me 14 seconds. what is my target time?

Do you have a seed? Did you put the seed in Seed to Time? Did you generate times to find the delay and then choose a time to do the actual RNG? The target time is the time you choose in Seeds to Time.

If my answers aren't on track, perhaps your original question needs to be reworded.

Do you have a seed? Did you put the seed in Seed to Time? Did you generate times to find the delay and then choose a time to do the actual RNG? The target time is the time you choose in Seeds to Time.

If my answers aren't on track, perhaps your original question needs to be reworded.
no your answers are good but im a total noob at RNG and how do i put the seed in the seed to time like does it do it automatically?

No, you need to get one from somewhere, either Time Finder or Wichu's program. What are you trying to do? Capture or breed?

No, you need to get one from somewhere, either Time Finder or Wichu's program. What are you trying to do? Capture or breed?
Im trying to capture latios in HG but im trying to get a feel for it so i dont mess it up and for some stupid reason im using my platinum but in HG is what i wanna do and on moltres

Im trying to capture latios in HG but im trying to get a feel for it so i dont mess it up and for some stupid reason im using my platinum but in HG is what i wanna do
I'm sorry, I don't really understand this. Are you saying you're testing a capture in Platinum before you try Latios in HG?

Osostewie, just go with HG if you're trying to get Latios. As long as you save before you actually talk to Latios, there's no way you can screw it up.
The Timid flawless spread on seed D214089 (I think) is a pretty easy one to get, and should be useful.

If you mess up, you just don't save the game. That way you can start over.

Anyhow, I'd say you should do a catch of a pokemon or a breeding project in HG rather than Platinum, because they don't do frame advances the same. It's better if you just start with HG. I have some guides on my thread for capturing standing legendaries. If your latios isn't roaming, these guides will work for you. If it's roaming, do another capture (or several) on HG until you know what RNG steps you must do to get pretty much all pokemon.

Good luck. I'm signing off since it's so late here.

If you mess up, you just don't save the game. That way you can start over.

Anyhow, I'd say you should do a catch of a pokemon or a breeding project in HG rather than Platinum, because they don't do frame advances the same. It's better if you just start with HG. I have some guides on my thread for capturing standing legendaries. If your latios isn't roaming, these guides will work for you. If it's roaming, do another capture (or several) on HG until you know what RNG steps you must do to get pretty much all pokemon.

Good luck. I'm signing off since it's so late here.
ok thanks for the help and if you in North America you can get the enigma stone via mystery gift and in HG you can get latios and in SS you can get latias

ok thanks for the help and if you in North America you can get the enigma stone via mystery gift and in HG you can get latios and in SS you can get latias
Right, I couldn't remember which game had the roamer vs the standing legendary. I do have the stones for all the games I've got going, though. :-)

Ok, good luck again. Check out my guides. They might help.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
is it normal to miss the delay by 1 over and over for hours on end? this is so frustrating.
Change your year by one in either direction (ie instead of 2010 set it to 2009 or 2011), or insert/remove the Gen 3 cart from your DS.

Or if you're using HGSS, on the "Continue" screen hit the down arrow (to show the Mystery Gift screen), then hit the up arrow again before hitting Continue, and this should offset your delay by 1.

Your delay's odd/even-ness is determined by your year and whether you have a Gen 3 cart inserted into your DS.

is it normal to miss the delay by 1 over and over for hours on end? this is so frustrating.
Do you mean 1? Like your aiming for 602 and your getting 603? If so, it's cause you need/have a pokemon GBA cartridge in. If it's aiming for 602 and getting 600, it's really just random.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Do you mean 1? Like your aiming for 602 and your getting 603? If so, it's cause you need/have a pokemon GBA cartridge in. If it's aiming for 602 and getting 600, it's really just random.
Worth noting that if you're using a DSi it's not possible to insert a GBA cart. You'll have to use one of the other methods to offset your delay.

i have a ds lite but not gen 3 pokemon games. i have other gba games if those would work. my target delay is 518 and i keep getting 517, 519, 523, etc. i adjust the pikatimer accordingly, but then i WOULD'VE gotten 518 on some occasions. i have yet to try changing the year or inserting gba or moving the arrow down since i'm on SS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)