Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You should really only do calibration once - save breeding in DPPT, there shouldn't be any other time you'll need to do it again.

EDIT:

Roberto22: Use frame

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I have a quick question regarding legend abuse in dppt. when i find a spread under method J and it lists "frame" and "actual", which do i use when calculating how many journal flips? for example it says:

frame actual
775 786

which do i use?
Ignore the actual. The actual is the method 1 frame.

OK, I have been able to get up to changing the DS date and then starting the timer. Everytime, however, I am off by at least 3 seconds (usually six). I know I am hitting continue pretty much right when the timer hits zero. Is there anything I can to to fix this? Also, how important is it to SR exactly when the timer hits zero? As important as when you hit continue for when the timer hits zero?

Also, my delay is 2332

In RNG Reporter when looking for a Shiny Egg, if my Shiny Egg is found on Frame 7 I have to reject the first 6 Eggs and take the 7th correct? If I take both the 6th and 7th Egg by accident wil the 7th Egg still show up Shiny?

OK, I have been able to get up to changing the DS date and then starting the timer. Everytime, however, I am off by at least 3 seconds (usually six). I know I am hitting continue pretty much right when the timer hits zero. Is there anything I can to to fix this? Also, how important is it to SR exactly when the timer hits zero? As important as when you hit continue for when the timer hits zero?

Also, my delay is 2332

If you SR too late, your delay will be too low. If you SR too early,y our delay will be too high.

In RNG Reporter when looking for a Shiny Egg, if my Shiny Egg is found on Frame 7 I have to reject the first 6 Eggs and take the 7th correct? If I take both the 6th and 7th Egg by accident wil the 7th Egg still show up Shiny?
I believe it will still hatch shiny, but yes if it is frame 7 reject the first 6, why don't you just try to find a lower frame?

The best way to find out is by saving in front and hatching it...If you messed up then all you have to do is take your parents out of daycare and save inside again.

I'm trying to RNG a shiny beldum for someone with another game, so instead of using my ID and SID in shiny finder I'm using my theirs. 3 times now I've hit the correct time, delay, flips, and taps only to have the egg show up timid(all 3 times) when I was going for adamant. Is there anyway to do what I'm trying to do?

(Ive used shinyfinder successfully for myself multiple times so I'm positive Im not doing anything wrong as far as instruction goes)

Wulf - having your radio on affects the responses. Sometimes your radio will change your starting frames so although it may seem your responses are wrong, you are just starting at a higher frame in the same seed. Use the Elm Response Finder to verify this.

Wulf - having your radio on affects the responses. Sometimes your radio will change your starting frames so although it may seem your responses are wrong, you are just starting at a higher frame in the same seed. Use the Elm Response Finder to verify this.

haha i just did that and i was like damn the next one i will get it then it said i hit it! then i followed until frame 70 (my latios is frame 71) and then i talked to latios as fast as possible and i got a careful one when even my synch was timid and i was like you know what? im just gonna do it on mewtwo instead cause there are too many NPC's in pewter city.

I'm trying to RNG for a Kyogre on my English Heart Gold version. I've calibrated (my seconds is 17 with the AR, sorry I can't press A very quickly), got my min/max delay, got my maximum frame, I went to the time finder to find the spread I want, I've went to Seeds to Times to find my date, time and target delay. I use Emloop as the timer, and I click Confirm 1 minute before my target time on my DS, and start on the Emloop at the same time. I then go into the game like I'm supposed to. I soft reset exactly when the first timer hits 0, and then click Continue and go into the game at the exact time that the second timer hits 0, but my time everytime is different. For example, since my seconds is 17, my time is 04:54:14, even when I enter exactly when the 17 seconds reaches 0. I even have an RNG tutor (Skymin_Flower) to help me, but it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

-ShinyAzelf

I'm trying to RNG for a Kyogre on my English Heart Gold version. I've calibrated (my seconds is 17 with the AR, sorry I can't press A very quickly), got my min/max delay, got my maximum frame, I went to the time finder to find the spread I want, I've went to Seeds to Times to find my date, time and target delay. I use Emloop as the timer, and I click Confirm 1 minute before my target time on my DS, and start on the Emloop at the same time. I then go into the game like I'm supposed to. I soft reset exactly when the first timer hits 0, and then click Continue and go into the game at the exact time that the second timer hits 0, but my time everytime is different. For example, since my seconds is 17, my time is 04:54:14, even when I enter exactly when the 17 seconds reaches 0. I even have an RNG tutor (Skymin_Flower) to help me, but it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

-ShinyAzelf
First and foremost: use pikatimer. Your delay comes into account so just reseting one minute before and then pushing A at 17 seconds doesnt usually work. But pika timer has eveything you will need and you can even adjust the pikatimer with the other delays you come up with

Ok I'm trying to breed RNG in Soul Silver, but I'm not coming anywhere near my target delays or second (I've got the max variance in delay/seconds in RNG Reporter, but it still cant find my Elm responses). I've followed everything else to a T. What gives?

E: And yes, I am using Pikatimer

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'm trying to breed RNG in Soul Silver, but I'm not coming anywhere near my target delays or second (I've got the max variance in delay/seconds in RNG Reporter, but it still cant find my Elm responses). I've followed everything else to a T. What gives?
then go catch a pokemon (preferably level 50 or above but if you have a way of checking IVs at low levels then anything will work) and use seed finder to find what seed you are hitting and adjust accordingly, it's really not that hard to figure out.

Ok, not to be rude or anything, but I don't like being talked at. Especially when this is my FIRST TIME DOING THIS.

Anyways, back on topic. I've followed all the steps so far (from both my RNG tutor CPrime and bearsfan092's videos), and everything says that I should be hitting this seed, but I'm nowhere near it. Why is it off by so much?

Ok. Quick and easy question. Once JavaRNG makes the files that have the information in them, which one do I use. Because I am getting two files that give different delays for the same seed. In one I only have a single option (25 frames) but in the other I have the option of 1 frame up to 135 frames for the same seed. Do I go with the 25 frame one?

Ok, not to be rude or anything, but I don't like being talked at. Especially when this is my FIRST TIME DOING THIS.

Anyways, back on topic. I've followed all the steps so far (from both my RNG tutor CPrime and bearsfan092's videos), and everything says that I should be hitting this seed, but I'm nowhere near it. Why is it off by so much?
If your results are way off or you're not getting any results, then you did something that wasn't following the steps. That is the first thing you must understand to continue forward. Recheck everything, dates, times, on RNG Reporter and the DS. Roamer Positions, whether you did all the steps necessary to even RNG on Soulsilver. Start from the beginning and double check everything. Second, when you've done all that and still don't get results, change your seed. Just changing the seed can make the difference between success and fail. Last, get used to trying things over and over again. RNG is about repetition. You try again, you read the guides again, you see what you did wrong or should have done differently and you RNG again.

Just to clarify, I am to push the a button when the second timer reaches zero when I am at the continue screen right? Not when I am at the press start screen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)