Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

It is most likely that he didn't tap enough or tapped to much. Or maybe he entered the wrong IVs or picked the wrong original seed.

Going for 3047 taps :(

no, I just found out what was wrong, and I feel so stupid. you have to click generate for every SID/ID combo you insert, so he was looking at MY spreads and trying to get them. he's going for a different spread that's HIS now. thanks for the reply though, and good luck with those taps. I find it nessicary to write down every hundred I get so I don't lose track

It's been figured out, just waiting on documentation and new software (which is really done now so just documentation). Warning -- It's not like Emerald and it WILL test your patience and sanity. Some with good parents will likely opt to continue the old fashioned way.
It's good to know that it's been figured out, too bad that it isn't as easy to exploit as Emerald but if people can manage to time their button presses down to the miliseconds then there is always hope.
For those that have Emerald and D/P/Pt they can always get perfect parents on Emerald, pal park and get shiny offspring with a 1 in 4000+ chance of success for quintuple flawless pokemon. That's what I plan to do eventually after breeding the perfect Scizor yet again :P

I think, i'll stick with the old fashioned way since I don't like testing my sanity too much lol Resetting this shiny feebas will probably be the last thing I breed since It was always one of my wants and im glad this was discovred.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've done the breed perfect Emerald parents and SR a Platinum shiny twice now, it's really not too difficult, so long as Hidden Powers aren't involved.

So this does work for all four gen games. I was thinking it might but i never read up to see how the platinum RNG is different from diamond and pearl.

Wait, this works in D/P now? The whole reason I got Platinum was for the RNG .-.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone. It's not appreciated enough.

Syberia

[custom user title]
Apparently yes, it works in D/P now. There seems to have been some misinformation floating around out there saying that D/P's RNG was different, but it doesn't look like it is.

Quick question. I dont have an AR so i dont know my SID and the wireless router i have is blocking the ds(i tried everything to fix it) and i remember reading somewhere that if you catch a shiny pokemon you can find your SID by looking at the IVs and nature. Is it true for chained pokemon?

Emloop can find the SID right?

Syberia

[custom user title]
Quick question. I dont have an AR so i dont know my SID and the wireless router i have is blocking the ds(i tried everything to fix it) and i remember reading somewhere that if you catch a shiny pokemon you can find your SID by looking at the IVs and nature. Is it true for chained pokemon?
It is not true for chained pokemon. Chained pokemon calculate a PID based on your ID and SID, so there's really no way to reverse the process without knowing it beforehand. And if you do, there's no point to reversing the process.

No you don't have to. Just use the happiness checker app as many times as it says.

kk, and since hearing that it works on diamond, i tryed it, and all of the IV sets on the RNG reporter come out to 0/0/0/0/0/0..... I was like "WUT?!?" can someone help me with this awell?

when changing from one poketch application to another, does that affect the RNG advancement? ie, does it stuff up if i have a different number of apps between the happiness one and the coin one?

also if you click the happiness one once (not double click) does that change anything?

when changing from one poketch application to another, does that affect the RNG advancement? ie, does it stuff up if i have a different number of apps between the happiness one and the coin one?

also if you click the happiness one once (not double click) does that change anything?
First question: No.

Not sure about the second.

@Monarch: Ignore the IVs, they don't mean anything.

hey guys, I'm just trying this out for the first time, so sorry about this question.

does the double-click on the happiness app count as 1 click or 2? I'm assuming it's one.

I need someone to help me making tests on the NRNG. MUST HAVE A SAVE IN FRONT OF CRESSELIA. whoever wants to help can add me on msn for details. thanks.

EDIT :nevermind. just found 3 volunteers.

No you don't have to. Just use the happiness checker app as many times as it says.
After using the happiness checker, you must switch to another app. Going in/out of a building, the PC, or flying will automatically trigger it if you're on it; to avoid it, switch to another app after using it.

I did everything I stated, might it have something to do with I did 11 taps on happiness checker and then went to app 16 by mistake and then went back to 15?
I don't think that would make a difference. The only things I can think of are wrong time, human error and possibly wrong ID/SID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)