Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok, so I want to make sure I have this right. I have my seed. my delay is 902, so I enter that into emloop, set up emloop(I know how to do that), save in-front of heatran, and then begin my reseting. once I hit my delay, verified by coin flips, I then have to get a frame of 11. so I flip the journal to where I've seen a caught/defeated deal 5 times, and then I catch said heatran? what happens if one of my journal pages has 2 messages. does that advance my frame by 4?
no it doesnt matter the number of caught/defeated pokes on the page, flipping to a page with any number of caught or defeated pokes will advane the frame by 2

I wish that was stickied in the OP. That site would have saved me tons of time had I known about it before.
Lol me too, for some reason the link i downloaded for the Spreads are all Jumbled up.... Like there not ordered Alphabetically on my Computer X_x wouldve saved me some time........

Lol me too, for some reason the link i downloaded for the Spreads are all Jumbled up.... Like there not ordered Alphabetically on my Computer X_x wouldve saved me some time........

same also - it would take ages to search through them. that page should be put on the first page of the research thread for sure.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
same also - it would take ages to search through them. that page should be put on the first page of the research thread for sure.
I have noticed though that PokeRNG sometimes gives me spreads that for whatever reason do not appear on that site. I usually check both.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Ok, so I'm trying to rng regigigas. i found a really good spread on a low frame. (31/31/30/20/30/31 on 37)For some reason I can't seem to get to the right rng advances. What am I doing wrong?
-1for monster
-1 for 1 roaming poke
-3 for 3 turns in front of regigigas(where wild pokes are)
-32 for 16 journal flips
I ended up killing the roamer and doing 18 flips. My question is, what did I do wrong? I ended up either 1 frame after or 3 before.

I ended up killing the roamer and doing 18 flips. My question is, what did I do wrong? I ended up either 1 frame after or 3 before.
The same happens to me; I have a frame of 31 and I also try to turn once to advance the frame by 1, but there´s always a wrong nature, ivs, etc.
So maybe the method with turning around to raise the frame doesn´t work??

So, I'm trying to figure out how to use emloop to hit higher delays today, and I've come across a problem. When I get to this step (in Syberia's guide):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 3:
Press the blue button on emloop, and note the value that appears in the yellow box. This is your delay converted to seconds, and is necessary for finding a proper date/time combination in RNGReporter.

Ignore anything after the decimal place, it's only the first two numbers that matter. Don't round, just cut them off. In this case, I would simply be using "12."

Step 3.5:
Not a requirement, but this can make things a lot less difficult in certain situations.

If the value you get for seconds is dangerously close to the next whole number (to be safe, anything that's .8 or higher), I would add 0.2 to the green box (so, enter 60.2 instead of 60) and use (seconds +1) as the value to look for in RNGReporter. This minimizes the effects of not resetting your game and starting Emloop at the exact same time, as it gives you closer to a whole second's margin of error, as opposed to at most 0.2 seconds.

For example, if my delay converted to 12.87 seconds, I'd enter 60.2 in the green box and search for things with a seconds value of 13 in RNGReporter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get a seconds value of 12.95. I adjust my pre-delay time to 60.2 to account for the adjacency of my seconds result to 13. My problem, however, is that I can't hit a target time of 13 seconds. My typical seconds range is 14-15. What do I need to adjust in order to make this work?

recently picked up legend abuse and i need some help calculating the number of steps i would need to walk (in an area with NO WILD POKEMON) to reach the frame 11094. I have 5 pokemon in my party and don't mind doing a coupal journal flips, but not over 100. Can someone show me how to calculate this so that I may myself be able to do it in the future?

Also, in areas with no wild pokemon, does turning but not walking count as one step?

IF you were just going to walk to advance the frame, you would have to walk 1,420,032 steps with 5 pokes in your party. However, that would take FOREVER. I suggest you find a spread with a lower frame.

128 steps with 5 pokes = 1 frame advancement
No, 128 steps with 5 Pokemon equals 5 frame advancement. (And with 4 pokemon 4 frames, with 6 6 frames, and so on.)

It will I think generally be quicker to journal flip, but walking gives you the advantage that you can use the step counter to keep track - keeping count over several hundred journal flips is incredibly tedious and it's more possible to get it wrong.

I'm surprised you need such high frames. My Palkia and Dialga, Hasty 31/31/30/31/31/31, needed a very reasonable frame 486. (Seed is 290802ac if you're interested)

@Alsabino: Your best recourse for high frames is to journal flip. Sad but true! There is no way of legitimately getting around it.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to use emloop to hit higher delays today, and I've come across a problem. When I get to this step (in Syberia's guide):

I get a seconds value of 12.95. I adjust my pre-delay time to 60.2 to account for the adjacency of my seconds result to 13. My problem, however, is that I can't hit a target time of 13 seconds. My typical seconds range is 14-15. What do I need to adjust in order to make this work?
You need to find out what delay it takes for your game to load. He details how to do so in step nine; basically, you take a target delay that has a higher seconds value than the time it takes for you to hit A on the Continue Screen (from when the game starts loading at the blank, white screen). You try to hit that seconds value as closely as possible, and then catch a Pokemon to figure out what delay you truly got.

Then you take the true delay, subtract the target delay from that value, and the resulting number is your game's loading delay. You would now add that result to any target delay you wish to hit; you'll find that now your targets should be more accessible (unless they were extremely low to begin with, but I don't believe you'll have much trouble with that).

So just go through the motions with the emloop output I have now (12.95 seconds with the 60.2 pre-delay (a target dealy of 777, my average being 615)), catch a pokemon to see what I second/delay I actually got, then adjust the target delay which will change my the seconds output?

You're going to have to test your loading delay with a seconds you can actually hit; if you can't hit ~13 seconds like you described, you won't get any meaningful results.

Ok, I'm trying to hit this spread for a Dialga in Diamond.

Seed: 52140289
Frame: 93

Date: 2009 12 03
Target Time: 20:46:00
Delay: 640

I keep resetting my time, and I keep trying, but every time I can never get the coin flips to match. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong... Every time I get very close, getting delays around 630 and such.

What I don't understand, is this:

Every time I fail to get the right coin flips, I use the "Find initial seed by stats" tab to check what seed I actually hit. Usually I am very close. However, when I try to use the "search flips" feature to check in the "seed to times/Adjacent Finder" tab, I can never find a seed that matches my coin flips. This leads me to believe that I am not proceeding correctly, and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong.

I am pretty sure I can eventually hit the delay. But why can I not match any of the coin flips? If I can't even match the flips I get to a seed when I get close, how am I supposed to know when I ever actually hit my correct delay?

Thank you for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)