Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i tried to get a giratina in turnback cave on and even frame with no runners so i had to walk 125 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to move on, one of them is fainted though and i've hit my delay twice, using the coin flip ap, and still got the wrong giratina. Is it the fainted pokemon messing me up or do i just keep on messing up something?

Ok, I'm trying to hit this spread for a Dialga in Diamond.

Seed: 52140289
Frame: 93

Date: 2009 12 03
Target Time: 20:46:00
Delay: 640

I keep resetting my time, and I keep trying, but every time I can never get the coin flips to match. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong... Every time I get very close, getting delays around 630 and such.

What I don't understand, is this:

Every time I fail to get the right coin flips, I use the "Find initial seed by stats" tab to check what seed I actually hit. Usually I am very close. However, when I try to use the "search flips" feature to check in the "seed to times/Adjacent Finder" tab, I can never find a seed that matches my coin flips. This leads me to believe that I am not proceeding correctly, and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong.

I am pretty sure I can eventually hit the delay. But why can I not match any of the coin flips? If I can't even match the flips I get to a seed when I get close, how am I supposed to know when I ever actually hit my correct delay?

Thank you for your help!
When you're trying to hit your target time, are you sure you press A on the Continue Screen at precisely 0 seconds of that minute? Or are you loading/soft-resetting the game at the start of that minute?

i tried to get a giratina in turnback cave on and even frame with no runners so i had to walk 125 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to move on, one of them is fainted though and i've hit my delay twice, using the coin flip ap, and still got the wrong giratina. Is it the fainted pokemon messing me up or do i keep messing up?
Maybe the frame you're trying to hit requires a synchronizer and you forgot to bring one along.

It also takes 128 steps to advance the frame by five, not 125, so you could've messed that up too.

However, when I try to use the "search flips" feature to check in the "seed to times/Adjacent Finder" tab, I can never find a seed that matches my coin flips.
Have you actually generated the adjacent flips (populating the lower list) over a wide enough range.
Once you've done that, when you search by flips RNGReporter doesn't jump to the result. You have to scroll through the lower list until you find a highlighted line, which is the seed you hit.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When you're trying to hit your target time, are you sure you press A on the Continue Screen at precisely 0 seconds of that minute? Or are you loading/soft-resetting the game at the start of that minute?

Maybe the frame you're trying to hit requires a synchronizer and you forgot to bring one along.

It also takes 128 steps to advance the frame by five, not 125, so you could've messed that up too.
i have a synchronizer and im hitting about 125, i walk around a bit, so the fainted pokemon isn't affecting the frame number when i walk?

Have you actually generated the adjacent flips (populating the lower list) over a wide enough range.
Once you've done that, when you search by flips RNGReporter doesn't jump to the result. You have to scroll through the lower list until you find a highlighted line, which is the seed you hit.
I have used a wide enough range... I have +-1 second and a range of +-30 in the delay. However, when I try to find a coin flip match, I get a message that says:

"No matches could be found"

So.... not sure what to do at this point.

AND yes, I am hitting 0 seconds of the minute when I press A on the continue screen.

So, I watched a tutorial video by Bearsfan092, on youtube. It is titled "RNG abuse for Legends". I have done everything in this tutorial, but I am still not matching coin flips to seeds. Any ideas why this I can't match seeds with coin flips?

Yes, I am hitting at 0 seconds. I soft reset at 20:45:46 because it takes me 14 seconds to get in, and I actually press A on the screen when the clock hits 20:46:00.

So, I watched a tutorial video by Bearsfan092, on youtube. It is titled "RNG abuse for Legends". I have done everything in this tutorial, but I am still not matching coin flips to seeds. Any ideas why this I can't match seeds with coin flips?
Perhaps you did not hit your delay?

I am aware I am not hitting the delay... that isn't the problem.

The problem is that the coin flips that I am receiving after I SR are not matching up with the seeds that I am hitting. So even if i DID hit the right delay, there is no way for me to verify it.

Perhaps posting one of the strings of coin flips you obtained would help in getting the solution (the respective stats are not necessary but would aid things).

Ok, here it is:

H T H T T H H H T T

Dialga's stats:

Lvl 54

Nature: Impish

Sturdy Body

Stats go down the line:

HP: 181
ATK: 149
DEF: 165
S.ATK: 153
S.DEF: 127
Speed: 102

I am pressing A for continue at 20:46:00 on December 3, 2009

...I have figured it out.

According to the evidence I have, you simply mistook heads for tails and tails for heads.

Magikarp is heads, the Pokeball is tails.

According to the Seed to Times / Adjacent Finder application, plugging in the information you provided yielded:

Notice the bottom, where it states Coins Flips for Seed:

T,H,T,H,H,T,T,T,H,H

What you posted:

H,T,H,T,T,H,H,H,T,T

Mystery solved.

I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. I have literally been trying to figure this out all day...

T_T

Thanks for your help Sudo. Hopefully I will soon have a nice Dialga.

Thanks so much for your help! I now own a 31 across the board Modest Dialga! I am very much looking forward to doing this in the future!

Question: Is emloop used solely for hitting higher/lower delays in 4th gen. RNG, or does it serve other purposes (frame searching??)
Also, is it possible to SR to a rough time & delay, find your seed, browse through the frames for that seed until something useable appears, and advance to that frame??

Question: Is emloop used solely for hitting higher/lower delays in 4th gen. RNG, or does it serve other purposes (frame searching??)
Also, is it possible to SR to a rough time & delay, find your seed, browse through the frames for that seed until something usable appears, and advance to that frame??
Emloop is actually used for timing a frame on Emerald version. Its just that a 4th gen delay advances at the same rate so we can utilize it to aim for larger delays.

And yes, it is possible to find your seed on any reset then search for appropriate frames, this is basically what you are doing when using the method of hatching shiny eggs in the Intro Post. For catching a wild pokemon its exactly the same except we walk, flip journal pages etc instead of double tapping and coin flipping to advance. Its just an unreliable method because you are not guaranteed anything usable will be on your seed, and even if there is, it could be on such a crazy high frame number its simply impractical.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
When do the IVs of Lati@s generate in HGSS?
When you talk to the guy in the Powerplant after finishing his little side quest.
Are either of you sure about this??? I've read several times here that the "ingame" Lati@s is generated the moment you step out of the door in of the Pokemon Fan Club and that the "enigma crystal" Lati@s is generated the moment you walk up to it outside after giving Steven Stone the Enigma Crystal in the Mining Museum. Just double checking cuz I haven't gottent to either yet. I'm stuck at the E4 with Entei...

HOLY CRAP WOW! I JUST THIS MOMENT GOT HIM MY GOD THAT WAS ANNOYING!!!!
Entei
Timid
30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70
My god I'm not doing that again T_T

I'm not entirely sure then. I've asked the question before and it was the answer I was given. Guess I'll need to research it a bit more.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wait, so I'm RNG breeding a Roselia but I have no idea whether Natural Cure or Poison Point are Ability 0 or 1... Thank you!
Directly from the article ...

Ability

Pokémon may have two possible abilities, one of which is often preferred. The "Ability" column is used to determine which ability your hatched Pokémon will have. As RNG Reporter does not know the Pokémon you are breeding, it simply lists them as "0" or "1". To convert these numbers to an actual ability, click the "Dex / IV Check" button in RNG Reporter and select the Pokémon you are breeding. Additionally, there is an online listing for Pokemon with multiple abilities in X-Act's article on PID Creation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)