Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

iv been trying to RNG Entei and raikou for over a week now. Everytime i check my seed with seed verifier. when i know i landed on it and verified my frame is 11. the target frame im trying to hit (method 1) is 86. i tested if entei and raikou are starting frames 1 and 6 and in de EU versions of the game. entei IS 1 and raikou is 6. so to get entei i should advance the frame by 74 frames+ my 11 after verifying and +1 for entei's frame should leave me at 86. the entei i so desperatly want. However, iv been trying for ages now. and it seems to me something weird is going on. iv done the frame advancement by calling elm and iv been 1 frame under several times and 5 frames over several times. figuring it was remaining steps i than decided to advance by steps, i was under 2 a lot... while i called elm to make sure i could advance the remaining frames by steps alone. and i didnt miscount, hell i did this 6 times in all. the last time i was off again so i decided to do the elm calling thing again and just screw it if i had extra steps. i was 3 over on my seed.... 3... a number i cant, for the life of me explain. does anyone have any idea how its possible that i keep missing my target frame while doing everything right. hell iv tried around 20 times in different ways, statistically i shouldnt be able to screw up advancing 85 frames in total up to the point of the E4....

Is it because the frames are inconsistent? shouldnt i be using method 1? I dont have any roamers out so nothing else is screwing with the frame. i just dont get why it doesnt work.

hey guys... just a quick question... when I use Sweet Scent in HG/SS and I find out the the "actual frame" I add 6 to that and continue advancing the RNG from there correct? because for some reason... it appreas I'm two off.... I have been aiming for frame 385... so I try to hit 384 +1 for Ho-oh and for some reason... I either hit frame 383 or 387... and I am UTTERLY lost.... thanks guys... (the seed is 9C0701F3) thanks again

^^ never got an answer

Can anyone tell me an easy way to hit my delay because i know just massing a wont work maybe there is some way i can like press a same amount of times or something ......

Is there a guide/helpful post for RNG-ing starters in HGSS? Finally got my ID/SID (it was +3 seconds between Oak's last message and my target time, for some reason) and gonna try for a gold chikorita before finally playing the game. IIRC, it is very difficult to RNG the starters, but I am 80% of the way through an all-nighter and I can't remember why.

I just finished RNG-ing Giratina at the Sinjoh Ruins (Naive 30/30/31/30/27/30 w/ Hidden Power Fire - seed F1060C88). Thought I'd share how I did it in case anyone wanted tips for the dragon trio:

- Saved my game one step in front of the Ruins of Alph head office with only Arceus in my party.
- Reset the game and took note of the seed I landed on by using Seed Verifier. I called Elm 10 times to confirm the seed, leaving me at frame 10 for this seed.
- I advanced one step forward to trigger the cutscene that takes you to the ruins. Once at the ruins, I took the shortest path to Cynthia, then took the shortest path back to the chamber and the tile on the stage that begins the event.
- After receiving Giratina, I checked its stats and deduced that this Giratina was produced on frame 19, meaning that between calling Elm and receiving Giratina, my frame advanced 8 times. (This will possibly be different for you.)
- I quit and restarted, attempting to hit the proper seed and frame for the spread that I wanted. This time, after confirming my seed by calling Elm, I advanced the frame 139 more times with a combination of the radio and additional calls to Elm. This puts me at frame 149. I repeated my earlier steps by taking the shortest path to Giratina (advancing the frame 8 times) and receiving it (advancing it one final time, to frame 158, which contained the spread I wanted).

You can probably save and begin the process one step outside of the Sinjoh Ruins main chamber, after Cynthia is already inside. I only did it this way because I was nervous about initiating any of this before saving.

@Eyelander - Are you on a retail cart, flash card, or emulator?

Retail cart is pretty hard, you best best is to find the shiny spread you want on frame 1,5, or 9 depending on which starter you are going for. Save in front of the pokeballs. Then you only need to hit your seed and you can verify that by looking at the starters in the pokeballs.

The others may be easier if you can use save states. Than you can use the NPCs outside Elm's lab to advance the frame.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Another RNG attempt for breeding, same result as before. Confirmed seed and all that, advanced frames, got WAY off IV spread.

SEED: 3C160369
DATE: 2010 04 11
TIME: 22:03:13
DELAY: 863
FRAME: 18
SPREAD: 31/B/31/B/31/B

With a flawless Ditto as B, it should result in Hex-31, right?
Well it came out 31/31/31/31/31/10.

The RNG gods hate me or something.

Only possible frame with my initial seed that would get that is 36970.

What is going on with this? This is the fourth (or fifth) time this has happened.
What was the first parent's IVs?

It may be possible split spreads occur in HGSS after all. It looks like it took the Speed\SpAttk\SpDef from the first frame, used that into HP\Attack\Defense, and used next frame's HP\Attack\Defense for the baby's Speed\SpAttk\SpDef.

I just finished RNG-ing Giratina at the Sinjoh Ruins (Naive 30/30/31/30/27/30 w/ Hidden Power Fire - seed F1060C88). Thought I'd share how I did it in case anyone wanted tips for the dragon trio:

- Saved my game one step in front of the Ruins of Alph head office with only Arceus in my party.
- Reset the game and took note of the seed I landed on by using Seed Verifier. I called Elm 10 times to confirm the seed, leaving me at frame 10 for this seed.
- I advanced one step forward to trigger the cutscene that takes you to the ruins. Once at the ruins, I took the shortest path to Cynthia, then took the shortest path back to the chamber and the tile on the stage that begins the event.
- After receiving Giratina, I checked its stats and deduced that this Giratina was produced on frame 19, meaning that between calling Elm and receiving Giratina, my frame advanced 8 times. (This will possibly be different for you.)
- I quit and restarted, attempting to hit the proper seed and frame for the spread that I wanted. This time, after confirming my seed by calling Elm, I advanced the frame 139 more times with a combination of the radio and additional calls to Elm. This puts me at frame 149. I repeated my earlier steps by taking the shortest path to Giratina (advancing the frame 8 times) and receiving it (advancing it one final time, to frame 158, which contained the spread I wanted).

You can probably save and begin the process one step outside of the Sinjoh Ruins main chamber, after Cynthia is already inside. I only did it this way because I was nervous about initiating any of this before saving.
Not bad. I did the same thing recently, except I saved inside Arceus' chamber used the roamers to verify my seed, so I only needed to hit it once. You would have to verify your seed twice in the case they advanced inconsistently, but that's it.

Adding this to the second post.

I just want to say thank you to everyone that is a part of cracking and discovering information about the RNG. You all are great.

I managed to RNG my suicune and my ESnite on my SS. I have to say that the roamer method works great, and its quick and easy to see if you missed your seed and by how much! I'm RNGing faster on my SS than on my platinum, and this is my first time using pikatimer!

HUGE thumbs up guys.

Edit: I guess I should ask a question instead of just spamming lol

Has anyone tryed to RNG the Zapdos in HGSS? Any tips would be welcomed. I assume its method K, but i need to know what frame its on and if the RNG is calm over there.

Does anyone have a Shiny Egg seed for HGSS that works? I keep picking the ones that always skip the shiny egg frame :(

I've hit 1 out 7 so far and unfortunately I didn't save the seed for the one I hit...

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone have a Shiny Egg seed for HGSS that works? I keep picking the ones that always skip the shiny egg frame :(

I've hit 1 out 7 so far and unfortunately I didn't save the seed for the one I hit...
Shiny Egg seeds are gonna be different for each game. I haven''t missed a single one that has been Egg Frame 1, so try that

Not bad. I did the same thing recently, except I saved inside Arceus' chamber used the roamers to verify my seed, so I only needed to hit it once. You would have to verify your seed twice in the case they advanced inconsistently, but that's it.
When you say inconsistently, you're talking about the radio, right? That's why I stopped a little bit before I hit 149 so I could re-verify with Elm. I tapped the bottom-left station 42 times, which according to info posted here previously would advance it 126 times (42x3), but it advanced it a little bit further than that. I used Elm to safely take it from that point to 149.

Shiny Egg seeds are gonna be different for each game. I haven''t missed a single one that has been Egg Frame 1, so try that
Oh yeah, brain fart on my part.

And I've tried frame 1, missed it several times. Alas, I'll try again.

Thanks!

Edit: Well I found one on frame 1, I only had to ride up and down Goldenrod to the water 50+ times before they would lay an egg.
Then I hit a max repel and ran a bunch through the grass just to advance the frame out of this dry spell...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone tryed to RNG the Zapdos in HGSS? Any tips would be welcomed. I assume its method K, but i need to know what frame its on and if the RNG is calm over there.
All the info is on the second post of this thread: everything that is a non-roaming wild Pokemon is Method K, and assume everything is frame 1 unless specified otherwise.

When you say inconsistently, you're talking about the radio, right? That's why I stopped a little bit before I hit 149 so I could re-verify with Elm. I tapped the bottom-left station 42 times, which according to info posted here previously would advance it 126 times (42x3), but it advanced it a little bit further than that. I used Elm to safely take it from that point to 149.
I say inconsistently because the roamers have been known to advance more than +2 (if you have both Raikou and Entei out). This is due to the RNG rerolling their positions if they reappear on the route they were on when you last saved. I always use Elm to advance wherever I can, all signs point to it being consistent.

Just a quick question. I've done the steps in the Calibration Phase 2 times already, should i go any more? Here are my results so far (This is for DPPt, btw)
1. Seconds= 14 Delay= 602
2. Seconds= 14 Delay= 600
Should i go a 3rd time to be safe, or just finish with this? My R button is really bad, and sometimes i cant SR on the next minute due to it.
Also, one of my journal pages has an entry that says "Caught a PARAS (DAY)." Can i use this to advance the RNG by 2?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
since there are encounter slots for HG/SS now, does anyone know how to calculate them, by the looks of it the ones listed by RNG reporter don't seem to match. For example I have a frame that has an encounter slot of 3 which is supposed to be staryu on route 47. I do the necessary advancements and sweet scent but I get tentacool instead which is listed as slot 0.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Just a quick question. I've done the steps in the Calibration Phase 2 times already, should i go any more? Here are my results so far (This is for DPPt, btw)
1. Seconds= 14 Delay= 602
2. Seconds= 14 Delay= 600
Should i go a 3rd time to be safe, or just finish with this? My R button is really bad, and sometimes i cant SR on the next minute due to it.
Also, one of my journal pages has an entry that says "Caught a PARAS (DAY)." Can i use this to advance the RNG by 2?
Don't even bother with this delay calibration stuff that's in the guide, we're going to be revamping them completely once we finish updating RNG Reporter and give it a new user interface. Just use emloop to hit a good delay, and don't soft-reset (i.e. start the game from the DS menu when the first timer ends, and hit Continue when the second timer ends)

Don't even bother with this delay calibration stuff that's in the guide, we're going to be revamping them completely once we finish updating RNG Reporter and give it a new user interface. Just use emloop to hit a good delay, and don't soft-reset (i.e. start the game from the DS menu when the first timer ends, and hit Continue when the second timer ends)
any ETR when this awesome sounding update is coming? :D

Thanks! Ill use your emloop guide in "3 sentences and a picture" lol.
Any hint on when the new RNG reporter is coming out?

On my first RNG I consistently hit the same frame (7), 95%+ of the time it seemed.

However, while on my next project my frames are all over the place, 6-8 it seems.

I am saved in the exact same spot (Platinum, in front of the day care person), and my method is the same.

Any ideas? Or do I have to do the frame calibration phase every time?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On my first RNG I consistently hit the same frame (7), 95%+ of the time it seemed.

However, while on my next project my frames are all over the place, 6-8 it seems.

I am saved in the exact same spot (Platinum, in front of the day care person), and my method is the same.

Any ideas? Or do I have to do the frame calibration phase every time?
You need to do frame calibration each time since the NPC movements won't be the same each time you do a new breed.

You need to do frame calibration each time since the NPC movements won't be the same each time you do a new breed.
Makes sense =)

Thank you.

Also to double check on frames and the following situation:

Journal Page #1 - Has a single 'Caught Magikarp' in it, among other things
Journal Page #2 - Has no caught, but other things.

So the following steps, assuming I hit frame without any journal interactivity.

#1 - Journal opens, stays at 8 because it is the first page, no?
#2 - Hit A, go to Page #2, frame doesn't change
#3 - Hit B, go to Page #1, frame changes because of the Magikarp catch
#4 - Hit B, Journal goes away
#5 - Hit A, receive egg.

This would put me on frame #10?

Um, when i used emloop, the first timer was ok, but for the 2nd timer, it only gave me 7 seconds from starting up the game to press continue.... am i doing anything wrong?

Um, when i used emloop, the first timer was ok, but for the 2nd timer, it only gave me 7 seconds from starting up the game to press continue.... am i doing anything wrong?
What delay are you trying to hit? You're not going to be able to hit anything lower than you'd get from button mashing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)