Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No, you can pretty much ignore the actual frame. You start on frame 1, then three advancements for three roamers (the usual amount) puts you on frame 4. You then need to get to frame 7, so do three further advancements (hm, the radio doesn't get reception on top of Tin Tower, does it?) maybe better to go for frame 9, then, with five advancements. (To get five advancements walk 128 steps on top of the tower with five Pokémon in your party).

So, to recap; you want a party of five with a Quirky syncher in the lead position. Save on top of the tower, making a note of the roamers positions, and then generate to check where the roamers should end up. (If you get a larger than three advancement, let the roamers move around then try again). Now try and hit your seed. Check where the roamers are to verify if you hit your seed or not. If you hit it, then walk 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times (starting frame 1 + 3 for the roamers + 5 = 9) which should be your Ho-oh.

If it's not, catch it and put the IVs into RNG Reporter to see what you did get.

I would like to start trying RNG manipulation for catching and breeding and have a two-part question.

Which game is easier to start with for RNG manipulation? HG or Plat
a. for catching

b. for breeding

If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are the way egg PIDs are generated in HGSS differ from the way they are generated in DPPt?

I ask because I want to know if I use the RNGReporter drop down menu option of DPPt Egg PID (International) on my SoulSilver to generate specific natures from my eggs and then just soft-reset for IVs. I'm guessing the answer is no, but it's worth a shot.

@deonimm

Platinum definitely for both.

@sekundes

You have to choose HG/SS
There is no HGSS Egg PID option in the version of RNGReporter I have (version 7.30)

Has there been another update for it that includes HGSS Egg PID (or some variant) as an option?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is no HGSS Egg PID option in the version of RNGReporter I have (version 7.30)

Has there been another update for it that includes HGSS Egg PID (or some variant) as an option?
yes version 7.50 is up now, look at Omegadonut's sig to download it or maybe Mingot's has the link as well.

well, I downloaded 7.50 and all I see for menu options relating to HGSS are Method J/K and Breeding (HGSS).

Nothing that can give me the PIDs of eggs in HGSS :(

Code:
06d906ab    MODEST    1    31    31    30    30    31    31
5ef76e6d    MODEST    1    31    26    31    30    31    31
ce2286d8    MODEST    0    30    2    31    30    31    31
336e4d34    MODEST    0    30    18    31    30    31    31
918911a1    MODEST    1    30    18    31    30    31    31
cf0a4f77    MODEST    1    31    2    31    30    31    31
b4f06527    MODEST    1    30    11    31    30    31    31
f5e628e1    MODEST    1    30    31    30    30    31    31
Eight different HP Grass spreads, plug all the different IVs into the Seed Finder with Open Search checked until you see a seed you like. The above list shows PIDs, not seeds.

B51205A8's not bad, frame 24 with a Synchronizer.
Yeeah but it has 1438 delay...I don't know if I can hit that.

The information provided so far has been very helpful. Thanks.

Now, let's see if I've got this straight...

When aiming for a seed:
The target time, down to the seconds, is the moment you must press the A button at the main menu screen to enter the game world (Continue).
The Delay value is the number of frames that have passed since the game began booting, running at 60 fps, until the instant you hit the A button to enter the game world.

So you must soft-reset at a very precise point before your target time, equal to your delay.

Now, since I can't get SoulSilver calibration data on my own, I'd like to request other users' SoulSilver calibration data: the number of seconds and the delay value you get when mashing the A button to get into the game world as fast as you can, when soft-resetting at XX:XX:00. (If I'm not mistaken, the seconds and delay should differ by about 310-320 frames, which must be added in when planning one's soft-reset timing.)

Thanks in advance for your responses.

EDIT:
I've got an additional question regarding a separate situation.
If I attempt international breeding (I've got a Japanese Ditto from the GTS on my Diamond card), and I'm trying to produce a shiny egg for someone else's ID, will the RNG Reporter's results still be valid? From what I understand, the only way it can "backfire" is if it finds a shiny egg that matches my ID just before it ends up with the one that matches the other trainer's. Is this correct?

Does taking steps you don't control advance your frame?

In Pokemon Pearl, When you go to walk up to Palkia, once you get 5 feet (exactly) away from it, you will automatically walk up to it, Palkia will roar and the box will pop up, then you battle it....

Do those 5 steps effect the frame?

And the box that comes up with Palkia roaring, that's the monster frame? And since Palkia's monster frame = 1, I have to walk all the steps until I get the number of frames one before that frame....then see Palkia....

Respawning roamer after E4

I only have one roamer possible, entei, b/c I already caught raikou. After beating the E4, I deduced that entei respawned on frame 6. This was b/c I had 6 pokemon in my party and must have tripped the 128 step counter, and that the entei I caught and checked was at frame 12. Subtracting 6 from 12 left 6, and there was no other possible frame advancement b/c I was saved right in front of the entrance to will's room and entered as quickly as I could upon starting the game.

Unless the NPC advanced by just 1? Meaning I reached frame 12 b/c +6 from 128 steps, +1 for NPC(if it was NPC), leaving 5 for entei's starting frame? Or could it be 6 for entei's starting frame if NPC never moved.

Can anyone else confirm that roamers respawned after beating the E4 start at frame 6 or 5, rather than 1?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeeah but it has 1438 delay...I don't know if I can hit that.
This is why I tell everyone to learn how to use emloop.

well, I downloaded 7.50 and all I see for menu options relating to HGSS are Method J/K and Breeding (HGSS).

Nothing that can give me the PIDs of eggs in HGSS :(
PIDs are generated the same way in HGSS as they are in DPPt. You can use the DPPt Egg PID list for either.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It's the same. But you can't use the DPP instructions because they don't work. No coin flip. No happiness application.

I won't be changing the name of that on the method listing until i get around to taking all new screenshots for the DPP guide. Which could be quite a while.

Thank you Omega and Mingot, that is very helpful. This means I should be able to pick out a nice spread from the list of frames my starting seed gives me. I have one more question now. According to Omega's first post on page one,

""In DPPt, there were many wandering NPCs that made it a requirement to "calibrate" for the starting frame of an egg received from the Daycare Man. In HGSS, there is only one NPC on that route to worry about, and as a result the starting frame is usually 3 and there is no need to calibrate.""

Does that starting frame of three include a run from the Pokecenter of Goldenrod to the Daycare House?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does that starting frame of three include a run from the Pokecenter of Goldenrod to the Daycare House?
Hell no. There are dozens of wandering NPCs in Goldenrod that will move first, let alone the NPC on the Day-Care route. Why would you need to make that run anyway?

Is there still an issue regarding inaccuracies in HGSS breeding using RNG Reporter? As I've believed that I've hit my seed a few times now, using roamer locations to verify (both Raikou and Entei out) but the egg hatched into something other than what was expected. I got around it the first time by just using a different seed, but I've got only one viable seed for this stage of breeding, so I'd like to know if its something I'm doing wrong or whether I could be aiming for something that's not there.

Unfortunately, I didn't record the IVs of the misses (currently pre-elite 4, so IV check takes a bit of work to be exact) so I can't determine exactly how far I was off.

Any help would be appreciated, whether it's a known issue with the program or simply a common mistake I could be making.

Hell no. There are dozens of wandering NPCs in Goldenrod that will move first, let alone the NPC on the Day-Care route. Why would you need to make that run anyway?

Because my chances of hitting my target seed are beyond abysmal (I've tried about 40 times and missed horribly each time), and I thought it might be easier to just run from Goldenrod to the Daycare.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Someone has reported something similar, but as far as I know it's correct. I guess log some results and at some point I can check it out.

Is there still an issue regarding inaccuracies in HGSS breeding using RNG Reporter? As I've believed that I've hit my seed a few times now, using roamer locations to verify (both Raikou and Entei out) but the egg hatched into something other than what was expected. I got around it the first time by just using a different seed, but I've got only one viable seed for this stage of breeding, so I'd like to know if its something I'm doing wrong or whether I could be aiming for something that's not there.

Unfortunately, I didn't record the IVs of the misses (currently pre-elite 4, so IV check takes a bit of work to be exact) so I can't determine exactly how far I was off.

Any help would be appreciated, whether it's a known issue with the program or simply a common mistake I could be making.

Another attempt resulted in success, this time. Thanks anyway, and thanks for the program. I'll be sure to document more carefully from now on.

Ever since I got 7.50 I can't seem to get a seed at all. I always get "No reasonable initial seed found." Anyone else having this problem?

One question about the open search result.

A seed that I pick (that will give me a shiny, with good IVs spread Adamant pokemon), after I generated them for method K frames, I got two different frame results (actual frame is the same). Does it mean that I can choose to advance my frame to either of them?

Ex. the actual frame is 64. The two frame results (in method K) are 27 and 43. Is that mean I can choose to advance my frame 26 times or 42 times to get to my target frame, right? (factor in the monster frame, but not seed verification with Elm's responses).

Also, after I advance my frame 25 times, I was on frame 26. When I talk to Ho-oh, that should advance the frame to 27 (target frame) and make it shiny, but it's still a normal Ho-oh. Do I have to advance my frame 26 times, so that I'm on frame 27, before I talk to Ho-oh?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
To be sure...

Is it possible that the egg generated here in my HG cart will be made shiny if hatched on my other cart?

Let's just say I'll breed here in HG some eggs, to be made shiny in my Pearl cart if hatched there.
My Pearl TID is 26049 and SID is 00909.

Do I have to uncheck the HGSS Shiny Egg check box, and type my Pearl TID and SID, right?
Or do I still have to check it?

This is just for the sake of hatching eggs in "Cool Locations", and the same time being shiny, but some locations are only in DPPt, or some only in Plat. But I can't transfer the shiny eggs (shininess being generated here in HG) to my Pearl right away, as they will lose their shiny if hatched there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)