Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I only have one roamer possible, entei, b/c I already caught raikou. After beating the E4, I deduced that entei respawned on frame 6. This was b/c I had 6 pokemon in my party and must have tripped the 128 step counter, and that the entei I caught and checked was at frame 12. Subtracting 6 from 12 left 6, and there was no other possible frame advancement b/c I was saved right in front of the entrance to will's room and entered as quickly as I could upon starting the game.

Unless the NPC advanced by just 1? Meaning I reached frame 12 b/c +6 from 128 steps, +1 for NPC(if it was NPC), leaving 5 for entei's starting frame? Or could it be 6 for entei's starting frame if NPC never moved.

Can anyone else confirm that roamers respawned after beating the E4 start at frame 6 or 5, rather than 1?
In my experience, trying to abuse the RNG before fighting the elite four is an exercise in futility. That NPC screws everything up. It's possible to get it to work, but it was proving to be too much trial and error for me. For reference, the first roamer respawned does indeed respawn on frame 1, as I've tested it by starting right in front of Lance and fighting him with no frame advancements.

Since you have already caught Raikou, I recommend that you release Lati@s and then try this. It should work if you have 1 fainted roamer + 1 active roamer. You'll just start from frame 2 instead of frame 3 like the guide says.

well, I downloaded 7.50 and all I see for menu options relating to HGSS are Method J/K and Breeding (HGSS).

Nothing that can give me the PIDs of eggs in HGSS :(
You could use this, this program allows you to search for a frame 1 (or every other frame you want) Shiny Egg PID, if you want it non-shiny, you can just fill out a random ID/SID. (Just make sure it won't match the ID/SID your game has).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible that the egg generated here in my HG cart will be made shiny if hatched on my other cart?

Let's just say I'll breed here in HG some eggs, to be made shiny in my Pearl cart if hatched there.
My Pearl TID is 26049 and SID is 00909.

Do I have to uncheck the HGSS Shiny Egg check box, and type my Pearl TID and SID, right?
Or do I still have to check it?

This is just for the sake of hatching eggs in "Cool Locations", and the same time being shiny, but some locations are only in DPPt, or some only in Plat. But I can't transfer the shiny eggs (shininess being generated here in HG) to my Pearl right away, as they will lose their shiny if hatched there.
The only thing the HGSS Shiny Egg check box does is search for shiny eggs on a low frame, because in HGSS you can't skip through eggs quickly like you can with coin flips and happiness taps. So yeah, you still have to check it if you want to search for an egg that you can trade over to Pearl and hatch shiny. (And yes, put in your Pearl ID\SID too.)

One question about the open search result.

A seed that I pick (that will give me a shiny, with good IVs spread Adamant pokemon), after I generated them for method K frames, I got two different frame results (actual frame is the same). Does it mean that I can choose to advance my frame to either of them?

Ex. the actual frame is 64. The two frame results (in method K) are 27 and 43. Is that mean I can choose to advance my frame 26 times or 42 times to get to my target frame, right? (factor in the monster frame, but not seed verification with Elm's responses).
Correct. Method J\K can make the same spread appear on multiple frames, especially if you have Synchronizers.

Also, after I advance my frame 25 times, I was on frame 26. When I talk to Ho-oh, that should advance the frame to 27 (target frame) and make it shiny, but it's still a normal Ho-oh. Do I have to advance my frame 26 times, so that I'm on frame 27, before I talk to Ho-oh?
Yes, you have to advance your frame 26 times.

Yet again I struggle alot with the Shiny Egg Time Finder. (Pokemon Platinum)
I've been able to get a shiny egg ones with this methode and after that no more.
The frame I need to hit is 36. I have to do 1 coin flip(+10 delaycheck flips) and 1 happiness tab (including switching to the happiness tab)

This is what I do:
-I save my game with 6 pokemon in my party (including my parents) and I have the coin flip tab on when I enter my game.
-I set the right time and date so I can hit my delay.

When I get my delay right (by checking the coin flips):
- I do the extra flip I have to do which gives +11 along with the delaycheck flips
- I go to the happiness tab which give my frame +12. Then I do 1 tab and get another +12
This advances my frame by 35. It will be 36 then.
-Then I switch to the dowsing machine tab so when I leave the daycare my frame won't advance cause of the happiness app (Not sure if I have to do this. I've also tested this without doing this step)
-Then I put my parents in the daycare and go outside and cycle until the old man has an egg. I save in front of him and shut down my game. I put my AR in with fast hatch code on and get my egg. When I hatch it I don't get a shiny.

I wonder, why don't I get shiny eggs? What am I doing wrong?

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
just a quick one

killed the roamers, hit the correct seed, date, time & delay

verified using the elm method

what frame am I at? 11 or 10? am about to catch a mewtwo

EDIT: thanks EE, that´s what I thought, but it´s easier to just ask than have to do another 5 or so resets to get the right delay

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
just a quick one

killed the roamers, hit the correct seed, date, time & delay

verified using the elm method

what frame am I at? 11 or 10? am about to catch a mewtwo
sounds like you should be on frame 11 given all roamers are offed and verified all 10 elm sequences.

Well, my target seed is A216026A with a frame of 18 (giving me 31/31/31/30/31/31 spread), but I never hit A (ex. I keep hitting, like now, A2160267). Is there something wrong (I'm using Egg IV's). And my egg frame keeps changing, sometimes it's 4 and other times its like 7 or 8 (had 4 times 8, so I thought that was my prior frame).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, my target seed is A216026A with a frame of 18 (giving me 31/31/31/30/31/31 spread), but I never hit A (ex. I keep hitting, like now, A2160267). Is there something wrong (I'm using Egg IV's). And my egg frame keeps changing, sometimes it's 4 and other times its like 7 or 8 (had 4 times 8, so I thought that was my prior frame).
A is even. 7 is odd. You need to switch from even to odd delays, by inserting\removing a Pokemon GBA cart from Slot 2.

A is even. 7 is odd. You need to switch from even to odd delays, by inserting\removing a Pokemon GBA cart from Slot 2.
I don't have to do the pre-tapping (hapiness tapping) anymore, or do I? I just set up shiny Gible with Jolly (and I do have Emerald, is that OK)? And that means B is also odd?

I still need help with my Pokemon, does the frame advance when your character takes steps you didn't make it take. Whenever I go to catch Palkia, My character automatically takes 5 steps towards it and begins the battle. Do these steps affect the frame?

So I found the following mark I wanted to hit, (Platinum, IV abuse)

Seed: B8000267
Date: 2010 / 4 / 30
Time: 00:51:13
Delay: 605
Frame: 7
Spread: 31/A/A/A/31/30

Now, my first five resets were all odd delays, I even hit 605 delay twice in that time, hitting frame 6 and 9 (?) .

Then all of the sudden my delays switched to even, and I can't hit odd delays anymore.

What happened? And is there any way for me to get back on track to hit this mark? I cannot find another mark with a spread I like... My parent B is useless, my parent A is flawless.

I have never had this problem with seemingly random delays and frames. I always consistently hit the same frame... However this time I am going from 5-9, all values.

I noticed identical spreads showing up in multiple areas. Do they repeat themselves after awhile?

While I realize I may not be up-to-date with current findings, I have a bit of info to share in the business of frame movement. I have been trying for a perfect Timid Lugia in my HG, and for whatever reason it would never reach the right frame. I was shooting for frame 278, and so I planned out a walking route with Repel that would result in the right advancement. However, 5 tests got different frames for the same actions.

So, using Romsstar's SeedVerifier program, I dumped his jar contents and modified line 1082 of PtPanel7.java to:

int loop = (Integer)JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Please input the number of Elm Responses you would like.","10");

it's obviously a quick fix since it asks for each output line (I could rewrite the method to allow another argument, where the same window asks for the number before calling showUtugiSeed() ), but it allows the user to choose how many Elm Responses are output by the program. Doing this, I made a stream of 290 responses, organized them a bit, and thus created a checker for the RNG's place before I fight Lugia. I do a little less than my normal walking routine, check 10 responses, find where in the stream I am, and adjust the RNG via radio or calling Elm. It worked right off the bat, like a charm.

So, it's a pretty roundabout way to check for correct frame before engaging in combat, but it might help those who need humongous frame advancements since the upper right radio station might be employed (+14 to +16, variable, I think) to get thousands of frames out of the way, then fine tuning for the last few hops needed.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So, it's a pretty roundabout way to check for correct frame before engaging in combat, but it might help those who need humongous frame advancements since the upper right radio station might be employed (+14 to +16, variable, I think) to get thousands of frames out of the way, then fine tuning for the last few hops needed.
RNG Reporter 7.50 displays the elm responses on the frame generation (main) screen when using methods K, 1, HGSS Breeding, and Wondercard IVs.

I think I might add a way to search for sequences at some point, as it seems like it could be pretty helpful.

Is there a reason why i have never hit an odd delay on my HGSS, i have been trying to RNG for Ho-oh for 2 hours now, and i am always getting delays of like 614, 616, 618, 620, 622, 624, 626, etc. I need 619, but i haven't even got a single odd delay, is that just blind badluck, or did i miss something when researching RNG

I apologize if this sounds stupid, but I have to ask. Where are there level 50+ Pokemon in Heart Gold that I can use to find my initial seed? I'm trying to use the Pokemon at the beginning of Mt. Silver, but they won't work. I don't want to have to get to the end of the cave every single time I want to find my initial seed. :/

You tend to always hit either an odd or an even delay, IIRC the ways to change that is that you put in a Pokemon GBA game in the GBA slot, or you scroll down and back up at the start screen.

Quick Question for Lati@s
In SS Do I rng it when I get the lost doll and when steven talk to me or when I see it.
Also
If I am supposed to rng it in the fan house before I step outside:
1. Any NPCs in the fan house that will affect the frame?
2. Does stepping outside the house advance a frame or not?
Thanks in advance DHCZ

Is there a reason why i have never hit an odd delay on my HGSS, i have been trying to RNG for Ho-oh for 2 hours now, and i am always getting delays of like 614, 616, 618, 620, 622, 624, 626, etc. I need 619, but i haven't even got a single odd delay, is that just blind badluck, or did i miss something when researching RNG
While you're waiting at the "Continue" screen, use the arrow buttons on the right-hand side of the touch screen to scroll to the bottom and then back up again. This changes your delay from even to odd and vice versa in HG/SS.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick Question for Lati@s
In SS Do I rng it when I get the lost doll and when steven talk to me or when I see it. do all your frame advancements before you leave the house its IVs and nature are produced when you leave the house
and steven talks to you
If I am supposed to rng it in the fan house before I step outside:
1. Any NPCs in the fan house that will affect the frame? No the only one thta moves is bayleef, and since it moves in a constant patttern it won't affect your frames
2. Does stepping outside the house advance a frame or not? No
Thanks in advance DHCZ

Yes, you have to advance your frame 26 times.
Hmm, since my starting frame is 1 (all roamers are fainted), if you advance your frame 26 times, the monster frame will be 27. But, doesn't interact with Ho-oh also increase the frame by 1? In that case, when you ACTUALLY start to battle Ho-oh, you'll be on frame 28, then?

I spent 3 days until I actually landed on that seed, only to miss that one frame advancement :X

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Hmm, since my starting frame is 1 (all roamers are fainted), if you advance your frame 26 times, the monster frame will be 27. But, doesn't interact with Ho-oh also increase the frame by 1? In that case, when you ACTUALLY start to battle Ho-oh, you'll be on frame 28, then?

I spent 3 days until I actually landed on that seed, only to miss that one frame advancement :X
If interacting with Ho-oh increased the frame by 1, the front page of the thread would say its starting frame was 2.

@Bay

I used Snorlax for mine, yet to find another place....:(

Although.....extremely rarely high lvl Onixes work from Victory Road....rarely though, like I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)