Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi!

I'm new and I have a few questions:

-How can I get the initial seed and delay if I'm looking for a shiny starter in HG/SS?
-How can I make the RNG to advance when looking for a shiny starter if I don´t have any other pokés or the radio?

I'm getting very frustrated, because I don't seem to understand how to properly use the RNG Reporter to find a shiny Starter in HG/SS.

All the help you can provide me will be much appreciated,
Thank you, in advance!
Regards,

@viperGTS
Did you already find out what your loading time delay is? Assuming that's the 400 you mentioned, add it to 657. Then put 1057 in the first box on emloop, click the button under it, and you should get a seconds value. Now is when you pick a target time. 1057 delay translates into 17.61 seconds, so you should look for something like __:__:17. Then set your clock to 1 minute before __:__:17, and run emloop/set your time and do your thing. I find it best to save before the ladder, since iirc you can do your radio advances from the room before ho-oh.

I don't mean to sound redundant so forgive me if this has already been asked, and I probably just overlooked it on the first post, but I've never shiny abused in HGSS yet and the new RNG reporter confuses me.

How do I find my SID?

Either catch a random wild shiny, or several (4-8) "forced" shinies, like the cahined ones or the red Gyarados. (So, save, catch Gyarados, work out its IVs, reset, repeat a few times). Then there's a function in RNGReporter.

Either catch a random wild shiny, or several (4-8) "forced" shinies, like the cahined ones or the red Gyarados. (So, save, catch Gyarados, work out its IVs, reset, repeat a few times). Then there's a function in RNGReporter.
Damn...I already caught the Gyarados in my first play through.

Could I just trade a random Pokemon to myself and find my SID through my old Platinum code?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't mean to sound redundant so forgive me if this has already been asked, and I probably just overlooked it on the first post, but I've never shiny abused in HGSS yet and the new RNG reporter confuses me.

How do I find my SID?
1) If you ahve a random shiny from your game you can use its IVs to find it
2) Capture and check the IVs of red gyarados at lake rage about 4-5 times, note the IVs and nature each time and input those IVs and natures into the chain to SID option on RNG reporter.
3) The easiest go to simple requests thread and ask someone there to find it for you, just give them any pokemon from the game you want your SID for, or if you can trade it to yourself even better

I have heartgold and soulsilver. I caught a red gyrados in heartgold but not yet in soul silver. If I need to get my SID should I catch a red gyrados? How to I RNG in soul silver. If I trade a red gyrados to platinum can I do it in that?

1) If you ahve a random shiny from your game you can use its IVs to find it
2) Capture and check the IVs of red gyarados at lake rage about 4-5 times, note the IVs and nature each time and input those IVs and natures into the chain to SID option on RNG reporter.
3) The easiest go to simple requests thread and ask someone there to find it for you, just give them any pokemon from the game you want your SID for, or if you can trade it to yourself even better
ok cool, thanks!

@viperGTS
Did you already find out what your loading time delay is? Assuming that's the 400 you mentioned, add it to 657. Then put 1057 in the first box on emloop, click the button under it, and you should get a seconds value. Now is when you pick a target time. 1057 delay translates into 17.61 seconds, so you should look for something like __:__:17. Then set your clock to 1 minute before __:__:17, and run emloop/set your time and do your thing. I find it best to save before the ladder, since iirc you can do your radio advances from the room before ho-oh.
You mean from the DS menu to how long it takes for the DS to start loading delay? Yes it's 400.
I was assuming that's what I do, but what about that stuff with remembering where the roamers are when saving, etc.? That's what confuses me.

You mean from the DS menu to how long it takes for the DS to start loading delay? Yes it's 400.
I was assuming that's what I do, but what about that stuff with remembering where the roamers are when saving, etc.? That's what confuses me.
The loading delay I'm referring to is the time between the moment you soft reset and when the game actually starts. Did you read the emloop guide (Syberia's) on the first page? The stuff in step 9 is what I'm referring to. And the roamer locations need to be plugged into the seed verifier (Rommstar's post on first page) if you want to use the roamers to, well, verify your seed. When you plug in your seed and your roamer locations, the list on right (the one highlighted in red) will tell you where your roamers will be if you hit your delay.

In Heart Gold, I never caught any of the roamers but they disappeared off my map and the Pokedex, are they still there or did I hit some trigger to make them disappear?

EDIT: I know Latias is still there because I just saw her, but not sure about Raikou and Entei.

In Heart Gold, I never caught any of the roamers but they disappeared off my map and the Pokedex, are they still there or did I hit some trigger to make them disappear?

EDIT: I know Latias is still there because I just saw her, but not sure about Raikou and Entei.

are you in Jhoto? sometimes they do that....

Hey guys is there anyway I could avd. the frame from 5 to 13. i fliped the journal page 4 times to go up by 8, but when i hatch my egg i always seem to land on frame 14.

I also tried fliping the page 3 times to see what frame i would get, and i hit 11. I also make sure no WNPC move before i grab the egg. Any ideas?

To confirm,

I can save inside Arceus Cave thing in order to RNG for one of the legendary beasts there? Or will I have to RNG right at the very start of this "story"

EDIT: Also, with Entei my only roamer left, what is the best way to verify my seed if I want to capture said Entei?

Heres a quickie regarding encounter slots...
Method K
NO SYNC
Seed 96170A9A
Frame 74

http://www.eggmove.com/encountersoulsilver.htm suggests encounter slot number 1 in Mt Silver 1F should be Steelix which is my target although right now I'm staring at a green Ursaring...

So, my 1st question will be, is this encounter slot formula for HG/SS complete or is it still being refined?
If yes its complete and working, my next question will have to be, was I really in Mt Silver 1F? I flew to the Mt Silver PokeCentre, jumped off the ledge, walked into the cave, took 1 step forward and saved my game.

EDIT: I guess I should mention I'm using RNG Reporter v8.00b so I'm not accused of using an out of date one

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It looks like the chart for 2F might be what is in effect when you walk in. You might try for something on 0 or 2 to verify that :/ I am 99% sure that has to be the case, as I never remember seeing a steelix there, only onix.

Bugger, I went for that frame because I didn't need to go catch a sync. Guess I'll go catch that Careful sync and try again. Thanks

EDIT: You are correct there. It is 2F

Outta curiosity I tried Moltres room and it was 1F in there.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New Beta, changes from previous beta are blue.

http://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter/RNGReporter_800beta3.zip

Hopefully last beta before 8.00.

There are some big features here.

The adjacents in Seed to Time supports HGSS, which means you can search via elm responses and roamer locations. This was updated from beta 2 to collect 9 elm responses to cut down on false positives.

The adjacents in Seed to Time also has a "roamer only" search, which should be fast and easy (and work great) when you have all three roamers out.

Added a nice little map display so you can easily find roamer routes, with a legend so you know which is which.

And added what I am calling "vertical search" on elm responses. From any method 1, k, hgss egg iv, or wondercard frame listing you can search elm responses and it will show you which frame you are on -- selecting the next frame. this is handy if you are doing something like going for a high(ish) frame as it well tell you where you currently are. So if you loose count, no big deal, just search. Of if you are worried the radio will be inconsistant, just stop 20 frames or so early and fix your exact frame location with elm calls and use them to finish up.

breeders will probably want to search for things on frames higher than 20 to make sure the elm calls to find location still leave you on a frame before.

VM with specific problems.

enjoy.

Well mingot, I have two suggestions of two features I'd love to see in RNG Reporter if you don't mind.

1) Add a way to specify a frame on the Time Finder -> Shiny Egg, I pretty much only go for a frame that is on frame 1 or 2 because the inconsistence of advancing IRNG in HGSS so it were going to help the people that uses HGSS a lot..

2) Add another tab or just a checkbox on the Shiny Egg tab. To find an egg with the nature you want, the ability you want but not being a Shiny Egg. I know you can just put a fake ID and SID to find it, but if there was a way to find it without removing your Id and SID from there I think it was going to be awesome.

Btw, great job with this beta.. already using it, hope you read my suggestions and if possible I`d love to see this features in a next release. Thank you, Sorry to bother you.. Bye!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 13)