Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well mingot, I have two suggestions of two features I'd love to see in RNG Reporter if you don't mind.

1) Add a way to specify a frame on the Time Finder -> Shiny Egg, I pretty much only go for a frame that is on frame 1 or 2 because the inconsistence of advancing IRNG in HGSS so it were going to help the people that uses HGSS a lot..

2) Add another tab or just a checkbox on the Shiny Egg tab. To find an egg with the nature you want, the ability you want but not being a Shiny Egg. I know you can just put a fake ID and SID to find it, but if there was a way to find it without removing your Id and SID from there I think it was going to be awesome.

Btw, great job with this beta.. already using it, hope you read my suggestions and if possible I`d love to see this features in a next release. Thank you, Sorry to bother you.. Bye!
For #1, when you select HGSS it usually only returns 10 or 20 items (when you specify a nature) so I don't think it's that hard to just look and see which one is on frame 1. I think it would add more clutter to the UI than is worth it.

For #2, I will put it on the todo list, but since there is a workaround it will probably be a fairly low priority.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think I figured it out. If you soft reset, they disappear off your map. I just turned it off and back on, then they showed up again.

To confirm,

I can save inside Arceus Cave thing in order to RNG for one of the legendary beasts there? Or will I have to RNG right at the very start of this "story"

EDIT: Also, with Entei my only roamer left, what is the best way to verify my seed if I want to capture said Entei?
Any help?

Does using the pokeradar advance the frame?
How do I make sure that my desired pokemon appears at the selected spread?

Is emloop useless for delays over 10k? I'm trying to get a flawless Modest spread (without syncher) and the only ones I can get with frames under 8k have delays well over 10k, so it seems impossible...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is emloop useless for delays over 10k? I'm trying to get a flawless Modest spread (without syncher) and the only ones I can get with frames under 8k have delays well over 10k, so it seems impossible...
What the hell are you trying to do if you can't find a flawless Modest spread under delay 10000, frame 8000?

Even the special spreads Excel file on the first page shows a flawless spread, frame 114, delay 639. One of the easiest to hit.

Any help?
You can save one step before walking on their symbol on the pedestal thingy. You will be prompted to either say yes or no to creating them AFTER you step onto their symbol. I took advantage of this to get my RNG abused shiny dragon.

Besides, you could have just went through the whole process w/o saving to see where you could save. It's what I did.

What about a flawless or near flawless spread for quiet TR poke with an ID of 15888?
And exactly how do I verify my seed using the roamer method with all three of them running around?

You can save one step before walking on their symbol on the pedestal thingy. You will be prompted to either say yes or no to creating them AFTER you step onto their symbol. I took advantage of this to get my RNG abused shiny dragon.
I am trying to do this, only I dont care if mine is shiny.

if its the american version... Raikou is on 1 Entei is on 6... if it's the European... it's the other way around.... if its Japanese I'm not sure... but I BELIEVE it is the same as the American

I did some searching around and couldn't find an answer. On steps 8 and 9 during the Frame Calibration phase for "Hatching Perfect Pokemon", would it be okay to fly somewhere where you can catch a high lvl Pokemon? Or would that mess up things?

If you can that would be awesome since finding IV's would be so much easier (less rare candies)

Is it even possible to RNG a Wishmaker Jirachi to show up onto Ruby or Sapphire with the right nature and stats when transferring from the Bonus Disk? I'm thinking probably not but hoping I'm wrong.

The loading delay I'm referring to is the time between the moment you soft reset and when the game actually starts. Did you read the emloop guide (Syberia's) on the first page? The stuff in step 9 is what I'm referring to. And the roamer locations need to be plugged into the seed verifier (Rommstar's post on first page) if you want to use the roamers to, well, verify your seed. When you plug in your seed and your roamer locations, the list on right (the one highlighted in red) will tell you where your roamers will be if you hit your delay.
I used the guide to RNG in platinum. What I meant by the 400 was the time it takes from pressing a on the ds menu to when the game starts, since I can't SR. Is it easer just to use the roamers to verify my seed rather then call elm 10 times?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread on platinum?
Delay must be between 601-700
I will change the years but i must be able to hit 601 as delay
frame shouldn't be too high.

Latias will be generated as soon as you beat Lance, you don't need to do anything else.

it easer just to use the roamers to verify my seed rather then call elm 10 times?
Yes, since you can just glance at the Pokégear's map and straight away see if you've hit it; but generally, if you're able to do both, I'd use the roamers as an initial verificiation and then a few Elm calls just to check.

Is there a timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread on platinum?
Delay must be between 601-700
I will change the years but i must be able to hit 601 as delay
frame shouldn't be too high.
Try seed d2140289, I think that's the one.

I'm trying to RNG a Bold Suicune on seed 011506BA, frame 6. It has a delay of 1712, so I'm using Emloop to time my button presses. I'm at the stage where I try to hit the seed, capture Suicune, and try to find out how long the delay is when the game is loading, or the delay of my white screen. using the IVs of the first Suicune I caught and metalkid's IV calc, entering in the IVs into the IV to Pid to find the seed I hit after calling Elm 5 times to get to frame 6, the frame my spread is on. When I try to enter the seed I got, 968EFCD5, into the Seed to Time fields, it says I have an invalid seed.

How is the seed invalid?

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question; I'm trying to figure out my average Seconds and range of Delays but just randomly I get seconds as high as 44 when they are no more than 15-16 and the delays still stay as low as 601. Is this normal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)