Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hiya, I've just gotten into RNG breeding in my platinum game... until now I've not had any massive issues. Although I just.. constantly seem to be hitting the wrong delays? Sometimes I decide to change the targeted delay to something I seem to be hitting more frequently, but then all of a sudden I hit the one I was going for earlier. -_-' If I do hit the right delay, it ends up being a frame too late, even though I've not actually seen anything move, not done anything differently?

Trying to Egg-IV abuse Pidgey..I've already got it perfectly in the egg, with the right nature, ability and all that. 9E020267 is my seed on 2011, 03, 31 at 2:50:15. The delay I'm trying to hit is currently 604, but I've been getting everything between 590, 594,596,598,600,602,604 and 606. =(

I've tried Pikatimer, I don't quite get it though to be honest even after thorough read-ups. -_-' Could it have something to do with my AR being designed for a DSi and me using a regular DS? Honestly, I've calibrated and practised so much on getting the same delay and I just can't seem to get a frequent delay that's always the same even if I myself feel I've not done anything different!
The AR shouldn't affect anything. You have to make sure your seconds are calibrated for when you boot the game on the AR. If you are able to hit the area your delay is in consistently the oonly thing I can recommend is to keep on trying for the right delay and to keep checking the seed until it is correct. Hitting the delay is always the hardest part. Just keep on trying until you suceed. For the frame try and see if there is a later frame if you start one frame late. Ot check if you have roamers. If you are getting the egg from the day care man there is a NPC that moves near there so you have to press A as soon as it starts.

Hi, I've just gotten into RNG breeding this week, and I'm already facing a little problem:
I'm trying to get a 31/24/30/30/30/30 timid Azelf (Seed: 320a0275).
I have no problems with hitting the seed, but with the frame advancement. According to RNG Reporter, the Azelf should appear on Frame 581 while using a timid Synchronizer, and seeing how Azelf's Monster frame is 1, I should need a frame advancement of 580 (= 290 journal flips), right?
However, the Azelf I always get has the following IVs: 11/7/4/7/23/9. I also went out of the cavern directly after I caught it and sweet scented on the water and caught an impish psyduck with the following IVs 7/19/3/16/4/4 (just in case the data is useful in any way).
What am I doing wrong? D:

Well, the spread you're getting appears on frame 582 (and a few other nearby ones), so most likely you're getting an extra advancement somewhere. Do you have any roamers out?

Well, the spread you're getting appears on frame 582 (and a few other nearby ones), so most likely you're getting an extra advancement somewhere. Do you have any roamers out?
Nope, no roamers out.
Edit: Wait, actually I do. Weird... I was looking at the map and it showed no roamers, after that I flew to Veilstone City and then it showed one to be out. o__O
Edit#2: Thanks for your help =)

How do I check if I have hit the correct frame?
Because it really frustrated me when I hit my time and delay perfectly after so many tries and ended up advancing incorrect number of frames. So if anyone can tell me that, I would be more than grateful. :)

may I have some help on this pls...ok, right now im calibrating my average delay to abuse my SId using the pandoras box(the far right option), i put in my time, and my id and date, and avg delays, i keep hitting around 3800's, is this a good way to calibrate?, and i was wondering if the sid listed with my delay for the id i obtained while calibrating after putting in the time and id number legitimate? also im not sure about my delays being in 3800's bc everyone gets 5000's, is the delay in the beginning(from ho-oh scene onward) added to the delay for when you start a new game(with prof oak)? since my avg delay is 487 from start to cont

aye yi yi.....i cant get any help can i? smh

Thank you for your response Pokethan. =)

I do actually have all the roamers around, does that matter? The times I accidentally encounter them when I try to get the initial seed and frame and all that stuff is ruining it for me but then I just go and try again! =P I've checked a bunch of times to make sure I'm on the right frame and on to make sure I get the seconds right.. it's all correct I just keep hitting the wrong delays. >< I've heard its supposed to get easier the more you do it but I can't see it getting any better! =P

Thanks mingot, for the awesome RNGReporter!
I tried to find my initial seed again... and yet again i get the "No reasonable seed found." message.... Im making sure I'm entering everything right. I checked so many times to make sure i enter everything right, I don't see what i could be doing wrong other then 2 things:
1. Im entering the wrong minutes. You do enter then minute when you press "Continue," right?
2. Maybe my delay is too high and im waiting too long/short?

Also, does Ho-oh have any monster frame i should be worried about?

Apparently you cannot acquire shinies from Steven. Assuming he would advance the frame by five, I hit five frames ahead. Assuming he would not advance at all, I hit the frame, but shine Torchic did not.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks mingot, for the awesome RNGReporter!
I tried to find my initial seed again... and yet again i get the "No reasonable seed found." message.... Im making sure I'm entering everything right. I checked so many times to make sure i enter everything right, I don't see what i could be doing wrong other then 2 things:
1. Im entering the wrong minutes. You do enter then minute when you press "Continue," right?
2. Maybe my delay is too high and im waiting too long/short?

Also, does Ho-oh have any monster frame i should be worried about?
1. Yes
2. I dont know. See below:

Seed finder:

Checks delays up to 3600.
Checks frames up to 1000.

If HGSS selected delays must be greater than 400.
If DPP selected delays must be greater than 550.

If your initial seed is in that range and you are getting that message, then you are fucking something up. check your time. check your ivs.

There is nothing I can do to help you, other than to say -- quit fucking up.

okay guys.... I can canfirm that calling elm before getting the 3 messages available does NOT consistantely advance 1 frame.... I have tried this multiple times hitting the same seed.... once I called him and it advanced 0 frames.... another time I called him 3 times... but it only advanced 2 frames.... same seed both times

Hey Mingot, I've just ran into a problem on the newest version of RNG Reporter.

I've searched on the Seed Finder (OPEN SEARCH) for a spread that is shiny in my cousin's game:
Timid, 31/29/30/30/31/31

The seed finder returned a few results. One of them has a method 1 frame = 26, with a seed = 73180328

When I select it, and generate the frames on RNG Reporter, I see the shiny spread on frame 26. But once I try to get the times for that spread on Seed to Times, RNG Reporter say that the Seed is Invalid.

Any idea what is going wrong? Wasn't that seed supposed to appear on the Open Search, or it appeared wrong?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey Mingot, I've just ran into a problem on the newest version of RNG Reporter.

I've searched on the Seed Finder (OPEN SEARCH) for a spread that is shiny in my cousin's game:
Timid, 31/29/30/30/31/31

The seed finder returned a few results. One of them has a method 1 frame = 26, with a seed = 73180328

When I select it, and generate the frames on RNG Reporter, I see the shiny spread on frame 26. But once I try to get the times for that spread on Seed to Times, RNG Reporter say that the Seed is Invalid.

Any idea what is going wrong? Wasn't that seed supposed to appear on the Open Search, or it appeared wrong?
It's just that open will give a seed that has a wrong hour (which is actually possible with an ultra high delay) when it should really only allow those which are 0-23. I'll fix it at some point.

actually, it's a really quick fix, i will push it to svn (at codeplex) in a few mins and you can build him a new version if it's a big rush...

lol

if (seedCD < 25)

EDIT: And new version on svn.

It's just that open will give a seed that has a wrong hour (which is actually possible with an ultra high delay) when it should really only allow those which are 0-23. I'll fix it at some point.

actually, it's a really quick fix, i will push it to svn (at codeplex) in a few mins and you can build him a new version if it's a big rush...

lol

if (seedCD < 25)

EDIT: And new version on svn.
Great, thanks! That was really quick. I'll build it on my new computer, as soon as my wife lets me use it.

Ok, I cannot for the life of me get this egg in HG to be shiny and the right nature...
Ive done this three times now and still nothing (same stupid naughty egg each time)
Im using this seed
451301F8
2010-9-2
ID: 2116 SID: 30672
Min/Max Delay: 494 Seconds: 16
Adamant/Ability 1/ Male (50/50)
Frame: 11
Verifying if I hit it by Elm Calls
Once I check if I hit it I put my parents in the daycare (both non-international)
I reject 10 eggs, and once the 11th is generated I save. (my egg frame is 11)
Each time I hatch it isnt the right nature at all so it isnt my ID/SID...
Anything I could be doing wrong?
Is there a certain amount of Pokemon needed to be in your party?
EDIT: Ive bred a shiny successfully twice before on this HG and havent had this problem so I really dont know whats wrong...
Should I change seeds? And just use a different one?

1. Yes
2. I dont know. See below:

Seed finder:

Checks delays up to 3600.
Checks frames up to 1000.

If HGSS selected delays must be greater than 400.
If DPP selected delays must be greater than 550.

If your initial seed is in that range and you are getting that message, then you are fucking something up. check your time. check your ivs.

There is nothing I can do to help you, other than to say -- quit fucking up.
Actually, I'm using "Find Initial Seed by Stats." But i guess it doesn't really make much of a difference... Ill try yet again later...

Question about hatching shinies!
When searching via DPPt Egg PID, what does the [Coin] field signify? It's not mentioned anywhere in the shiny-hatching guide here, and I can't find a guide that tells its meaning either (RNG Reporter's readme appears to be just a changelog).

I suspect it's the last coin flip predicted before you turn the parents in at the Day Care, but I want to be absolutely sure lest I find myself discarding false negatives and keeping false positives.

In HG/SS, if I enter the game world saved in front of the Daycare lady, and immediately deposit my Pokémon, is the PID of my egg going to be on frame 1 without a doubt, regardless of roamers and the like, or would I have to do some sort of calibration for the PID step too?

mingot

free agent
Actually, I'm using "Find Initial Seed by Stats." But i guess it doesn't really make much of a difference... Ill try yet again later...
Max delay of 1200 and max frame of 500.

Question about hatching shinies!
When searching via DPPt Egg PID, what does the [Coin] field signify? It's not mentioned anywhere in the shiny-hatching guide here, and I can't find a guide that tells its meaning either (RNG Reporter's readme appears to be just a changelog).

I suspect it's the last coin flip predicted before you turn the parents in at the Day Care, but I want to be absolutely sure lest I find myself discarding false negatives and keeping false positives.
What are you trying to do? The instructions you linked don't really mention the coin field because you don't need it if you are following those instructions ...

And to answer the question, it's the sequence results from the coin flip poketech application for a particular seed.

In HG/SS, if I enter the game world saved in front of the Daycare lady, and immediately deposit my Pokémon, is the PID of my egg going to be on frame 1 without a doubt, regardless of roamers and the like, or would I have to do some sort of calibration for the PID step too?
Nope, some have found phone calls to cause advancements. Not sure what causes it yet, but hg/ss pretty much sucks at this point for this sort of thing.

I have a question. I haven't started HG/SS abusing, but I'm glad its getting to that point like D/P/Pt.

My question is for egg breeding. After obtaining the egg from the daycare man, is it still possible to use the elm method to verify your seed? Or would it have already changed at that point?

I have a question. I haven't started HG/SS abusing, but I'm glad its getting to that point like D/P/Pt.

My question is for egg breeding. After obtaining the egg from the daycare man, is it still possible to use the elm method to verify your seed? Or would it have already changed at that point?
it's probably smartest just to do it before anyway... unless you have it on frame 1... since you will most likely having to advance the frame for the proper IVs... wouldn't it just be smarter to start off with calling elm? whats the point of getting an egg and going through all the advancements without even checking the seed first? if the egg you want is on the frame you have already... then excuse my rant...

it's probably smartest just to do it before anyway... unless you have it on frame 1... since you will most likely having to advance the frame for the proper IVs... wouldn't it just be smarter to start off with calling elm? whats the point of getting an egg and going through all the advancements without even checking the seed first? if the egg you want is on the frame you have already... then excuse my rant...
I not really sure yet, XD. I haven't done this yet. Only D/P/Pt abusing. Didn't know if it would be like D/P where you can verify the seed after getting the egg or you just have to "wing it" or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)