Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Are the delays in HGSS is always odd/Even like DPPt? How can I manipulate it?
And I still want to know how roaming dogs will affect my frame...
1. It can be manipulated, I believe somewhere at the first page or somehwere in this thread there is described how.

2. It will advance it:P
(Seed Verifier can tell you how much actually)

But really, there is search function here, I mean sorry but it kinda gets boring to reply always to the same questions.

Something different:
Who of you guys owns a PSP and is interested in RNG Tools for your PSP?
(CFW probably required, or at least an Internet Browser)

So I looked through the spreadsheet for flawless Modest spreads, the only one (that's not on frame 6000+) has a 639 delay, which Emloop says is 10.65 seconds (but it won't count it down after it's 60 seconds) yet the game takes 13 seconds to load in the fastest time possible. Therefore it's literally impossible to hit on my cartridge...how the hell am I supposed to do this?
A 639 delay is actually more like 15 or 16 seconds; you need to calibrate emloop to take into account the ""white screen" time when the delay isn't counting. On my cartidge, I have to enter 950 into emloop to get a delay of 639.

Something different:
Who of you guys owns a PSP and is interested in RNG Tools for your PSP?
(CFW probably required, or at least an Internet Browser)
That sounds cool. It's kind of weird being on my DS and comp at the same time - using a PSP would make it much easier to RNG imo.

Been trying to do my first non egg RNG and been having some trouble.

Got my time and delay range sorted, found a spread, nothing too much, just a shiny with a couple of 30s.

Im aiming for 23:54:14 with a delay of 620, so I'm setting the clock at 23:53 for each attempt at hitting my seed.

Out of maybe 10 attempts so far I managed to confirm via 10 coin flips that I was on the right track so started to advance the frame.

Heatran is on frame 1, and I want 146 so I walked 128 steps with 5 in the party, to take it to 140, then did 70 journal flips.

Talked to Heatran... no shiny. What did I do wrong? =(
23:54 is dangerously close to midnight. If the date rolled over before you were done, the game spends 6 or 7 RNGs determining the new day's swarm, lotto number and berry handouts. That'd ruin your plan, by making you overshoot the frame by 6 or 7.

Try for a target time that's not near midnight instead.

Do you want a shiny ?
and btw it;s impossible to get HP ICE 70 in that IV

when i'm using a pokerng, here's what it gaves u

PID: 0703b6e4 (MODEST, ability 0) 30/10/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 0805028a Method 1: 1325, J (synch): 1260, J (no synch): 1308, K (synch): 1260, K (no synch): 1278) HP ICE 70

O.K. so winzev kindly told me this spread, however, being a n00b at RNG I have a question. What do I need to do to advance the RNG? I know that things like journal flips, and happiness checker taps among other things, advances the RNG, BUT, what do I need to do to reach this particular spread? Sorry if what I've said didn't make any sense!

O.K. so winzev kindly told me this spread, however, being a n00b at RNG I have a question. What do I need to do to advance the RNG? I know that things like journal flips, and happiness checker taps among other things, advances the RNG, BUT, what do I need to do to reach this particular spread? Sorry if what I've said didn't make any sense!
What game are you doing this on? Im assuming DPPt.

A 639 delay is actually more like 15 or 16 seconds; you need to calibrate emloop to take into account the ""white screen" time when the delay isn't counting. On my cartidge, I have to enter 950 into emloop to get a delay of 639.
So you're basically telling me emloop is worthless? Thanks, that's a load off my mind...

Guys I wrote a tool, I tested it (sort of) and it seems to work but I'd like some other guys to confirm it.

On The Fly Seed Finder

I call this little Tool

"On the Fly" Seed Finder".

How it works:

- You input a Delay Range (or leave the standard values)
- You input the Date when you softreset
- If you have any Roamers out note their routes before you save
- Note the Routes on Load
- Press Start.

Result: Depending on how exact your input was, your initial seed is given out, which you can confirm by using Elm Response (For Time beeing limited to P, K, E as you're used from Seed Verifier)

This tool is written in Javascript,
anyways, the cool thing is, it can also run offline, you can use it on your DS/PSP, not sure about mobile phone yet^^

O.K. I have another question. In the DPP RNG Manipulation Guide, it says this:

Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.

So my question is; how do I know when the step counter resets and I can walk the 128 steps right?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.

So my question is; how do I know when the step counter resets and I can walk the 128 steps right?
You don't. You walk exactly 128 steps just in case the RNG advances on step 129.

1. In DPPt use the Poketch Step Counter.

2. In HG/SS don't use that technique at all.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I used to use a Repel to count out 100 steps exactly. Then I'd just count 28 more (easy). But now with the Elm Calls I wouldn't even bother with that (thanks Romsstar)

Ugh.... this RNGing is starting to make me a little angry.
I know for sure i hit my seed(im playing on HG). My target frame is 89, and the roamers advanced it by 3, so im really doing 86 frame advances. I call elm 10 times to make sure i hit my seed, and all 10 calls matched. Now i do 76 frame advances. I call elm 6 more times, so now i only need 70. I switch to the radio, do 70 radio detunes, talk to ho-oh, with my synchronizer in the front, and no shiny. What gives? Does the radio thing that you drag for detuning absolutely need to be in the middle or what? I've hit my seed maybe 3 times and none of the times worked... what am i doing wrong?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know for sure i hit my seed(im playing on HG). My target frame is 89, and the roamers advanced it by 3, so im really doing 86 frame advances. I call elm 10 times to make sure i hit my seed, and all 10 calls matched. Now i do 76 frame advances. I call elm 6 more times, so now i only need 70. I switch to the radio, do 70 radio detunes, talk to ho-oh, with my synchronizer in the front, and no shiny. What gives? Does the radio thing that you drag for detuning absolutely need to be in the middle or what? I've hit my seed maybe 3 times and none of the times worked... what am i doing wrong?
Rules on the front page. Show what Ho-oh you DID encounter, IVs and all.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I don't think there's any way of knowing. It's best to base your strategy on not accidentally going to far with the step counter. Just advance the RNG to your target frame - 5 and make sure you can walk exactly 128 steps before you reach your target.

Oh, and a caveat for anyone going for a pokemon like Lugia or Ho-oh where you can't do your seed verifying just standing in front of them. Make sure you take the shortest route from the entry to Lugia/Ho-oh and verify before hand that you don't trip the step counter. Luckily I was okay, but it could be devastating if you have a high frame and you end up 5 over.

You did it three times and never even bother to note how much you were off. If you was three times off by the same amount you easily could take that into account. What you did basically wrong? You didn't try to think by yourself;)

Btw: On the Fly works on my mobile phone (SE K850i too:)) For some reason I can't scroll but that's fine for now^^

So you're basically telling me emloop is worthless? Thanks, that's a load off my mind...
No, not at all... I use it all the time. You just have to account for the extra time, usually by calibrating emloop once or twice.

If you're trying to find out where your step counter is up to so that you don't accidenatlly trigger it, you can find your seed (in a place with no random advancements), phone Elm, walk a step, phone Elm, walk a step, etc. until the Elm call jumps from what it should be.

If you're using the method to advance the frame, it doesn't matter where in the counter you are, as doing 128 steps is bound to pass it.

In HG, when using the 128 steps method, I usually count how many steps it takes to run across a room, then run back and forth the right number of times.

Well, what frame did you hit? Catch the Ho-oh and work out its IVs to see what you did get to get an idea of what could be going wrong.

Also, it might be best to do, say, 60 radio detunes and then go back to Elm calls, so you can see exactly where you are in case you've gone wrong somehow.

Rules on the front page. Show what Ho-oh you DID encounter, IVs and all.
Instead of getting the shiny ho-oh im looking for, im getting a normal one with a Brave nature and the following IVs:
5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5
It's the same ho-oh i've got for all 3 times i hit the seed.

@Romsstar, how can i put that program on my PSP for offline use?

@ Showsni, how can i check the frame i did hit?

Can the Pokemon you receive from the Gym Leaders be RNGed? Or are they plagued with the set IVs that all the other in-game traded Pokemon have?

Instead of getting the shiny ho-oh im looking for, im getting a normal one with a Brave nature and the following IVs:
5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5
It's the same ho-oh i've got for all 3 times i hit the seed.

@Romsstar, how can i put that program on my PSP for offline use?

@ Showsni, how can i check the frame i did hit?
What was your target seed? These information is kinda useless without it.

See VM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)