Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sorry about that, my target seed is b8120b3a, which i got from PokeRNG.
All right your Target Frame was 89, You got 94.

Target Frame: 89
Nature: Timid
correct?

Hit Frame: 94
Nature: Brave
5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5

First Question: Do you have any synchronizers in your team?

Second Question: You say you got 5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5 three times.
This spread lies on Frame 94, which means that you're 5 frames too high.
Which could be cause of the roamers as they don't have a consistent advancement of 3.
Did you put in the Save Routes?

Advice: try to advance 5 frames less. If you still miss try it with a synchronizer.

All right your Target Frame was 89, You got 94.

Frame: 89
Nature: Timid
correct?

First Question: Do you have any synchronizers in your team?

Second Question: You say you got 5 / 31 / 11 / 15 / 24 / 5 three times.
This spread lies on Frame 94, which means that you're 5 frames too high.
Which could be cause of the roamers as they don't have a consistent advancement of 3.
Did you put in the Save Routes?

Advice: try to advance 5 frames less. If you still miss try it with a synchronizer.
1. Yes, i have a brave syncrhonizer on my team.
2. Yes, i put in the Save Routes.
That frame has an incorrect spread though. Im aiming for a different one that PokeRNG gave me, which is shiny. I will still try to advance 5 less, and see if that works.

What kind of synch are you using, viper?

Hey for my SID can I use my Red Gyrados on HG
You can if you can get several of them; so, catch, work out IVs, reset, catch, work out IVs, reset, etc. about 8 times to be safe.

Yeah, I was typing before your next post. That makes it harder to see which way you've missed your frame, as there are several of the wrong one you could have hit. I'd say your best bet is either to use Elm calls to keep track of where you are all the way, or at least use them when you near the end of the frame advancements.

While messing around with some other stuff, I kinda thought:
Hey while emloop works perfectly on my PSP,
I have nothing I could use on my mobile phone...
While there are some online countdown systems and timers, most are not useful for RNGing.
Well this changes now;)

Ladies, Gentlemen, Cats and any other living form that enjoys being here,
hereby I present you the Pokemon RNG Timer. (Not that creative with names:P)

Pokemon RNG Timer
PRNG Timer

How it works: Pretty easy. Input your target delay, press the convert button and the prog will output a predelay and a delay. press start.
it should just work fine. It's supposed to:P

Tested on: Mobile Phone SE K850i, just works fine:)

So for everyone who wants to use his/her phone as a timer:
Copy the HTML where your phone can access it,
run it with the Data Manager or Browser of your phone.

Happy RNGing now where your phone can be a timer.

Of course making a J2ME application would be nice too, but hey this works and I'm lazy:P

PS: that domain above is mine and I probably will store more stuff there, depends on my mood;)

Ok, i tried again but with 5 less frame advancements... and it still wasnt shiny, or the right nature. I got a sassy, non shiny ho-oh with IV's of 29 / 17 / 15 / 9 / 28 / 18
What am i doing wrong, yet again?

Ok, i tried again but with 5 less frame advancements... and it still wasnt shiny, or the right nature. I got a sassy, non shiny ho-oh with IV's of 29 / 17 / 15 / 9 / 28 / 18
What am i doing wrong, yet again?
Did you advance with Radio or Elm only? Try with Elm only it will help you to kepp track of your frame..
For some odd reason you hit Frame 85.
I checked again with a Brave Synchronizer
While your Target Spread seems to lie 89/91 and you hit 90 before (with synchronizer)
try to go not less 5 advancements but only 1.
So instead of the 5 try now 1 only.

That's either frame 55, 85 or 99. Probably 85. If you'd done eithe 4 or 6 more advances you'd have got it; 5 more advances is the non shiny Brave one again.

Okay since I've seen its now possible, how do you abuse the Pokewalker? Is there a post, or guide on it I'm not seeing somewhere?
To be exact there is just one thing I don't know yet. How to actually advance your frame. As soon as I find this out there might even come up guides^^

For any guys who wanna use RNG Tools on portable devices: check out my sig^^ There is probably more to come but I guess it's a nice start.

Did you advance with Radio or Elm only? Try with Elm only it will help you to kepp track of your frame..
For some odd reason you hit Frame 85.
I checked again with a Brave Synchronizer
While your Target Spread seems to lie 89/91 and you hit 90 before (with synchronizer)
try to go not less 5 advancements but only 1.
So instead of the 5 try now 1 only.
So basically 85 elm calls?

To be exact there is just one thing I don't know yet. How to actually advance your frame. As soon as I find this out there might even come up guides^^

For any guys who wanna use RNG Tools on portable devices: check out my sig^^ There is probably more to come but I guess it's a nice start.
Nice... and wow Romsstar... you are being more hlpful than you originally let on... lol.... let me know if there really is just absolutely ANYTHING I can help you with :)

So basically 85 elm calls?
Remember when you hit that one?

Basically do the same you did here but with one call /one frame advancement less. I really hope that it should be shiny that time.

If not well... umm... we'll try again then:P

Nice... and wow Romsstar... you are being more hlpful than you originally let on... lol.... let me know if there really is just absolutely ANYTHING I can help you with :)
Haha um thanks I guess:D I was probably in a bad mood at that time, I tend to be more helpful in a good mood:P

Remember when you hit that one?

Basically do the same you did here but with one call /one frame advancement less. I really hope that it should be shiny that time.

If not well... umm... we'll try again then:P

Haha um thanks I guess:D I was probably in a bad mood at that time, I tend to be more helpful in a good mood:P
tee hee hee.... and I meant just to everybody in general... not me... lol....

tee hee hee.... and I meant just to everybody in general... not me... lol....
Well maybe I just got nicer with time who knows.xD
Anyways I help where I can or want to (rather want to:D)
But hey guys cool news, I just tested On the Fly and the Timer on my SE K850i and they both work pretty nicely.
Any other tests are appreciated^^

Could I get a little help here, please?

I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Latias in HG, using the directions in the second post. I save one step in front of Lance, then reset until I hit my seed (A00101F8). Both Raikou and Entei show up on Route 36, as they're supposed to, so I assume I hit my seed and delay (delay is 494, and I have Emerald in the GBA slot to make the delay even instead of odd).

Subtracting the 2 frames that Raikou and Entei use and the 1 frame that Latias will appear on, I advance the radio 120 times to get to my desired frame (123). Once done, I walk forward one step, fight Lance, blah blah blah.

When I start the game up and check my Latias, she's not shiny, or even anywhere close to the right nature... and I can't find the spread anywhere.

The first time I tried, the nature was Mild, but I was unable to find the IVs matching with the nature (I forgot to write down the IVs that time - sorry). The second time, I got Rash, HP: 31, Att: 31, Def: 16, SpA: 20, SpD: 25, and Spe: 30. It also doesn't appear anywhere on my desired seed.

Any ideas?

Could I get a little help here, please?

I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Latias in HG, using the directions in the second post. I save one step in front of Lance, then reset until I hit my seed (A00101F8). Both Raikou and Entei show up on Route 36, as they're supposed to, so I assume I hit my seed and delay (delay is 494, and I have Emerald in the GBA slot to make the delay even instead of odd).

Subtracting the 2 frames that Raikou and Entei use and the 1 frame that Latias will appear on, I advance the radio 120 times to get to my desired frame (123). Once done, I walk forward one step, fight Lance, blah blah blah.

When I start the game up and check my Latias, she's not shiny, or even anywhere close to the right nature... and I can't find the spread anywhere.

The first time I tried, the nature was Mild, but I was unable to find the IVs matching with the nature (I forgot to write down the IVs that time - sorry). The second time, I got Rash, HP: 31, Att: 31, Def: 16, SpA: 20, SpD: 25, and Spe: 30. It also doesn't appear anywhere on my desired seed.

Any ideas?
1. Emerald is not confirmed to be switching your delay at all,
but scrolling up and down the option menu at continue screen is.

Yes: RNG her post E4, you will have a lot easier time there than trying to succeed at Lance.

Why: First of all while Talking to Lance the RNG advances once 3-4 and when he shows you the picture of Latias 4-5. At the time when he shows you the picture the Roamer is set.

But due to MAYBE some NPCs, we can't say for sure, every time you leave the house on a different seed, your Frame is advanced to an unknown amount which can vary from 3-7.

Know I try to sum it up: You have actually 3 variables which could screw your frame up, which are NOT under your control.

Unknown Factors where you can screw up at Lance: 3
Unknown Factors where you can screw up at E4: 0
Known Factors where you can screw up at E4 and can be avoided: 1-2

Now it's up to you do decide if you reahehehehelly wanna RNG that beast at Lance's;)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yes: RNG her post E4, you will have a lot easier time there than trying to succeed at Lance.

Why: First of all while Talking to Lance the RNG advances once 3-4 and when he shows you the picture of Latias 4-5. At the time when he shows you the picture the Roamer is set.

But due to MAYBE some NPCs, we can't say for sure, every time you leave the house on a different seed, your Frame is advanced to an unknown amount which can vary from 3-7.

Know I try to sum it up: You have actually 3 variables which could screw your frame up, which are NOT under your control.

Unknown Factors where you can screw up at Lance: 3
Unknown Factors where you can screw up at E4: 0
Known Factors where you can screw up at E4 and can be avoided: 1-2

Now it's up to you do decide if you reahehehehelly wanna RNG that beast at Lance's;)
romsstar you confused lance with steve, steven is the one at vermilion city who shows you latias picture.

Ah um, sorry, you know in germany we have different names for them, I keep mixing them up in English:(

But he wants to RNG for Latias, so only the name was wrong I guess he understands it anyways:P

Well, I got all odd-numbered frames when I was doing calibration, and having Emerald in the slot changed it to even, so I assumed it would have an effect.

I also RNGed successfully for Ho-Oh yesterday using Emerald to change my delay from odd to even, so I'm pretty sure it does work.

Also, I guess I should have made it more clear, but I already released Latias into the wild and fainted it before challenging the Elite 4, as the second post suggested.

Well, I got all odd-numbered frames when I was doing calibration, and having Emerald in the slot changed it to even, so I assumed it would have an effect.

I also RNGed successfully for Ho-Oh yesterday using Emerald to change my delay from odd to even, so I'm pretty sure it does work.

Also, I guess I should have made it more clear, but I already released Latias into the wild and fainted it before challenging the Elite 4, as the second post suggested.
Ah wait Lance was the guy at E4s? Damn.xD
All right but in that case... Why don't you use Elm Responses to keep track of your current frame to be sure that you hit it? Or did you try it already that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)