Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To find out how many are left, switch to the coin flip app and flip it ten or so times, making a note of the results, then search (I think it has to be manually) for that string of results. You'll have to recalculate how many flips and taps are left yourself, though (remember switching back to the happiness checker advances by 2*n).
For now. but I am going to be adding vertical searching to coin flips and natures (for people who hatch a few) to a future version of RNG Reporter.

When calibrating my egg's starting frame (for the IV step) in HG/SS, do I need to do it several times, like in D/P/Pt, or is 1-2 enough, since there's only one NPC in the area?

hi, I'm new to HS/SS RNG- I just started today- and I'm having a bit of trouble. im trying to get a timid, hp fighting 70 raikou, seed 6f1601fd and frame 389. the delay is 499 and the date and time for the seed is 1/1/10, 22:51:59. all of that may be incorrect though; for all i know, my date and time are completely wrong for that seed.

anyway, i calibrated and got a seconds value of 11 and an average delay of around 498. i have sr'ed multiple times accounting the delay and all that yet have not yet been able to get that seed (i verify using the roamer method). in fact, the routes of entei and latios are not even paired anywhere on the seed verifier's list.

i would kindly appreciate any and all help. for all i know, im doing everything completely wrong, in which case i would love for someone to tell me how to get that timid hp 70 fighting raikou! sorry if i seem like an idiot!!!! thanks! ~redsox5

ps to get the date/time for the seed i pressed "seed to time" in RNG Reporter. is that how you do it, or did i do that part incorrectly? thanks again!

Hm, sounds like you're aiming for an odd delay, but your game can only get even ones. You can add one to the delay by scrolling down to the second screen and back up, but or such a short delay there won't be time for that; in which case, you can change your year by one to change the delay by one.

Where are you RNGing, and what method are you using? And how are you verifying your seed, and advancing the frames?

Quick question. I'm RNGing for Palkia at the Sky Pillar. You know how you can't save right in front of palkia because it auto walks up to him after a certain distance. Well those "auto-walked steps", do they advance the frame like normal steps do?

thanks sooooo much for the reply! that was fast.....

anyways, im using the method specified for the roaming legends on the first page of this thread...... im using the DS pokemon seed verifier (also discussed on that page) to verify, using the "roaming" method. in other words, im standing 1 step from lance and sring; failing at it, too, if i may say so myself.

so you think the problem is with the delay? in that case, would i just have to edit the year on my ds by plus/minus one?

thank you :)

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
When RNGing up an ID/SID in HG/SS, where does the generation actually take place? I know that in DPPt it's after the TV show thing, but where would that same sort of thing be in the GS remakes?

EDIT: would it be directly after you are "given" your trainer card by your mom ingame?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thanks sooooo much for the reply! that was fast.....

anyways, im using the method specified for the roaming legends on the first page of this thread...... im using the DS pokemon seed verifier (also discussed on that page) to verify, using the "roaming" method. in other words, im standing 1 step from lance and sring; failing at it, too, if i may say so myself.

so you think the problem is with the delay? in that case, would i just have to edit the year on my ds by plus/minus one?

thank you :)
First, I would use the seed to time adjacents/search function in rng reporter. It can generally tell you which seed you DID hit. If it's not working, then go capture a monster and use the seed finder to find out what you did hit and hot to correct it.

thanks showsni and mingot, i think im on track now! entei and latios's routes are finally showing on the list even if i miss the seed. thanks so much! that was easy :)

btw mingot nice sprite thingey, wut game is that from? (just wondering :)

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When RNGing up an ID/SID in HG/SS, where does the generation actually take place? I know that in DPPt it's after the TV show thing, but where would that same sort of thing be in the GS remakes?

EDIT: would it be directly after you are "given" your trainer card by your mom ingame?
When you are minimized. Look here

Argh. It seems to be luck based when trying to RNG my Lati. I'm on the brink of giving up all together.

10 Calls, 6 advancements= Frame 22 (Frame below target)
10 Calls, 7 advancements= Frame 20 (Three frames below target)

Remember Frame 23 is the target. Seems this randomly jumps from 3 to 4, and my Poke'mon are bound to be Lv.100 by the time I get my shiny Latios... Damn NPC... Probably should try 10 calls and 10 advancements and see what I get...

it seems I get both responses..... I know I consistantly get 2 when NOT on my bike.... maybe I should just test this for myself....

I am having the most curious of problems, wondering if anyone might have wandered across it.

I am going through my motions for IV breeding. I've settled on seed 8700027C at 2010 04 30 at 00:04:11 delay 626, frame 11. Every time I have checked to verify my seed, I have verified it as frame 11. When I hit my target second and delay, however, it always come up as frame 12. I am wondering what exactly is happening as I have hit the target three times and each time hit frame 12 whereas all my other hatches showed frame 11, I haven't changed a thing.

The only thing I have found odd, to verify my seed, I have been catching Pokes to see where I'm hitting. I noticed that Pineco shows up at 11/626 and only then, he's only available because I have Emerald plugged in to get even delays.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm stumped.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm asking if there's a 31/E/30/31/31/31 timid hp ice 70 spread in platinum (method j) with a reasonable delay (must be between 601-700 because i dont use emloop)

I'm asking if there's a 31/E/30/31/31/31 timid hp ice 70 spread in platinum (method j) with a reasonable delay (must be between 601-700 because i dont use emloop)
I dont believe so...
With a quick search with PokeRNG (Searched for delay 600-701)
This is all that came up =/
3540916513F 46f43bca (TIMID, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: aa0c02ab Frame: 19980) HP ICE 70
Frames really high lol

Is there a "search adjacent results" Function in the new RNG reporter while breeding in HGSS? Or just a way to verify your delay quickly like DPPt?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I dont believe so...
With a quick search with PokeRNG (Searched for delay 600-701)
This is all that came up =/
3540916513F 46f43bca (TIMID, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: aa0c02ab Frame: 19980) HP ICE 70
Frames really high lol
oh frame is really high.
thanks though
I will use the PokeRNG from now on :)

mingot

free agent
Is there a "search adjacent results" Function in the new RNG reporter while breeding in HGSS? Or just a way to verify your delay quickly like DPPt?
Not built in to the time finder, no. Use the same functionality from the seed to time dialog. It supports adjacents there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)