Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Pandora's Box will take you to the picture Romstarr speaks of. It is where you input the desired PID of your choosing to get a good shiny spread ( if using RNG reporter, I'd use IVs to PID section to find a desired PID) Pandora's Box also includes a seed verifier (which is used to see what delay you actually hit).

Anyways, I have a question in the same concerns as hers so yeah, I found my PID needed to get the shiny spread I want, then I checked the list of ID/SID combos that can ake said PID a shiny pokemon. I then tried a couple of ID/SID combos to check if what I did work right, but when I used the time finder I couldn't find any seed for said PID+ shiny+ID/SID combo.
I'm using this to get a legendary pokemon, so I only searched for method 1 PID, and I marked it as method 1 in the time finder.

I didn't make the delay range and maximum frame too wide because it is REALLY slow when you do so. Also, I am not able to use Wicchu's RNG program because I can't open it after downloading ( and I run a 64 bits PC so there's no NEET framework I can download...)

Any help veryfying my ID/SID combo relly works for getting a specific pokemon or help towards getting Wichu's RNG program would be gladly appreciated ^^

What spread do you want to be shiny? Use PokeRNG to search for good spreads, then pick one and put its PID in.
You don't know if you've the hit the right delay, but you can fill out the right side column of Pandora's Box to find out.

Look, I'm just upset because time and time again I find out that all of the tutorials here assume you know every detail of which they speak, and how to use every single program they mention. There is nothing for the RNG-retarded like me.

What is Pandora's Box, and how do I use it?
ok, trust me i understand your frustrated! All of us have been there (I am still there) but be nice and people will help you and read wild eep's guide, makes more sense. PID is the first set of numbers in the spread sheet after you have completed poke RNG.

I successfully RNGed a shiny egg, BUT I did some other stuff before continuing onto RNGing for flawless IVs like saving a few times (in front of the daycare man), entering Goldenrod City's Pokemon Center, trading over WiFi, messing with pokemon in my PC, etc., and then I saved in front of the daycare man with the egg again.

How do I find out what my starting frame is now?

I successfully RNGed a shiny egg, BUT I did some other stuff before continuing onto RNGing for flawless IVs like saving a few times (in front of the daycare man), entering Goldenrod City's Pokemon Center, trading over WiFi, messing with pokemon in my PC, etc., and then I saved in front of the daycare man with the egg again.

How do I find out what my starting frame is now?

For HGSS, you don't need to worry about your starting frame, because your Roamers and Elm calls will tell you exactly where you are. However, I advise that you choose a seed with your IVs on a frame of 9 or higher. Do not choose lower or you could find you missed your frame while verifying. It's probably better if you choose a seed with a target frame of 12 and up until you're comfortable doing egg IVs.

When you reset the game, it should start again at 1.
If that were the case, then I'd only have to call Elm 10 times to reach my Target Frame of 11. I should've said before that RNG Reporter showed that I landed on my Target Delay, but my target letters of K-E-K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K we're matched to K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... (whatever seed this was). I assumed a starting frame of 1 as always, but when I called Elm 10 times to supposedly hit my target frame of 11, I never got the correct results (I should've written down said results). Anyway, this is where I thought I was on a starting frame other than 1: I thought I was starting on a frame of 3. The next time I hit my "target delay" with the letters K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... I decided to test my theory and call Elm only 8 times. Confident that I was correct, I flew to the hatch location and hatched my egg. It turns out I was correct! What can be the explanation for this?

Edit:
@Riski: Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about roamers as I literally trapped them (Dugtrio for the win lol) and made them faint. Yes, a frame of 9 is a wonderful suggestion, but I want to complete the list of calls to Elm on RNG Reporter's Seed to Time Finder's Search Elm button (9 calls) and I want to avoid calling Joey so I add an extra call to Elm (this also reassures me if I hit my Target Delay with 10 calls). Thanks, but I really like my comfort zone of frame 11 =)

If that were the case, then I'd only have to call Elm 10 times to reach my Target Frame of 11. I should've said before that RNG Reporter showed that I landed on my Target Delay, but my target letters of K-E-K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K we're matched to K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... (whatever seed this was). So I thought I was starting on a frame of 3. The next time I hit my "target delay" with the letters K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... I decided to test my theory and call Elm only 8 times. Confident that I was correct, I flew to the hatch location and hatched my egg. It turns out I was correct! What can be the explanation for this?
Resave.

You're talking about the list that already excludes the skipped ones caused by Roamers, right? If yes, then it's probably the NPC causing you to get Elm calls a few frames higher than expected.

You're talking about the list that already excludes the skipped ones caused by Roamers, right? If yes, then it's probably the NPC causing you to get Elm calls a few frames higher than expected.
NPCs cause me to skip frames too. If you are RNGing for IVs on Eggs by the daycare, there is one NPC that does not walk but turns. Everytime he turns, the frame gets bumped 2 times.

Guys, I edited my post. I knocked out all the roamers already, but I suppose the NPC(s) could've messed it up at the point in time that I saved. However, I still managed to get a flawless egg so no problem here lol.

If that were the case, then I'd only have to call Elm 10 times to reach my Target Frame of 11. I should've said before that RNG Reporter showed that I landed on my Target Delay, but my target letters of K-E-K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K we're matched to K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... (whatever seed this was). I assumed a starting frame of 1 as always, but when I called Elm 10 times to supposedly hit my target frame of 11, I never got the correct results (I should've written down said results). Anyway, this is where I thought I was on a starting frame other than 1: I thought I was starting on a frame of 3. The next time I hit my "target delay" with the letters K-E-E-E-K-P-P-K... I decided to test my theory and call Elm only 8 times. Confident that I was correct, I flew to the hatch location and hatched my egg. It turns out I was correct! What can be the explanation for this?

Edit:
@Riski: Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about roamers as I literally trapped them (Dugtrio for the win lol) and made them faint. Yes, a frame of 9 is a wonderful suggestion, but I want to complete the list of calls to Elm on RNG Reporter's Seed to Time Finder's Search Elm button (9 calls) and I want to avoid calling Joey so I add an extra call to Elm (this also reassures me if I hit my Target Delay with 10 calls). Thanks, but I really like my comfort zone of frame 11 =)

to make sure that your are going with your frames, just follow them on RNG reporters main screen. It lists them in the order you should be getting them

Yep, it's NPCs, then. Congrats on the flawless egg! :-)

Edit: Lower frames are best for when you have more RNG experience, and those Roamers will save you a load of trouble. I love my roamers. I left the RNGed versions roaming on my working save file. They are very very useful.

to make sure that your are going with your frames, just follow them on RNG reporters main screen. It lists them in the order you should be getting them
Yeah, I have my Target Frame highlighted and centered on the main screen so I can see if I hit a lower/higher frame, but thanks for reminding me to always check.

Yep, it's NPCs, then. Congrats on the flawless egg! :-)

Edit: Lower frames are best for when you have more RNG experience, and those Roamers will save you a load of trouble. I love my roamers. I left the RNGed versions roaming on my working save file. They are very very useful.
Thank you, it's nice to know my hours of work finally paid off =)
I always had negative thoughts on roamers; I had no idea that they could actually be useful. Now I have a reason to finish the game and defeat the Elite Four again (plus MORE hatch locations), haha.

Yeah, the roamers save a lot of RNG time. You only need to check elm maybe the first three or four letters one or two times to make sure of your seconds, and then you just look at your roamers all the other times you soft reset. This means you can have a target frame as low as 4 if you have three roamers still. And I have had target frames as low as four. My green groudon was a frame 4, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, the roamers save a lot of RNG time. You only need to check elm maybe the first three or four letters one or two times to make sure of your seconds, and then you just look at your roamers all the other times you soft reset. This means you can have a target frame as low as 4 if you have three roamers still. And I have had target frames as low as four. My green groudon was a frame 4, if I recall correctly.
Calling Elm 9-10 times does take a lot of my time -_- . I guess I can try the Roamer Method after I master the Elm Method. It's too bad that school starts in 3 days, but this will give me a chance to play through the game. Now I need to RNG as much as I can lol.

A question abour Shiny Egg RNGing:

Can you pick up an Egg, then try to hit your seed while having 2 parents at the Day Care, then generate the egg at target IRNG frame and get Shiny? I mean, people put Pokes in AFTER they hit the seed.

In HG, is it normal when I calibrate (calibrated delay on pikatimer) by getting my starter I get an even delay (490) but when I "calibrate" for my ID/SID I get an odd one (3453) ?

I tried using a gba game to change my delay to even but it's still odd.

Instructions for installing and running RNG Reporter on Intel Macs

1) Download and install Mono for Mac OSX (note: you will need administrative privileges to install Mono).

2) Download RNG Reporter. Unpack the contents of the RNG Reporter .zip file onto your Desktop.

4) Download the RNG Reporter Mac supplement .zip file, attached to this post. Unpack the contents onto your Desktop

DOUBLE-CHECK: The files RNGReporter.exe, RNGReporter.exe.config MUST be directly on your Desktop, not contained within a folder on the Desktop. The RNG Reporter Mac supplement can actually be run from any location, but the Desktop is preferred.

5) Double-click the RNG Reporter icon. (Not the icon with the .exe extension.)
does it matter which version of the rng reporter (.exe) file you use? i'm being defeated by this... sigh.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, received pokes are method K 1 in HGSS.

I have a blank retail Heart Gold, and am going to ID/SID abuse.

Are there any legendaries in particular that there's not a good shiny version going around on Smogon of before I start?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)