Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Received Pokemon are actually method 1 (Dratini, Starters, Game Corner Pokemon)
Method K is for stationary Pokemon (Kyogre, Zapdos, Sudowoodo)

Yeah, received pokes are method K in HGSS.
No they're not. Wild pokes are Method K in HGSS. Roamers and Gift mon are always Method 1. If you don't know the answer, don't reply. It just misleads people.

@joshk_bra: Dratini is Method 1

EDIT: Ninja'd >_>

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Woops, I was actually thinking method 1, but ended up typing method K.
Apologies for anyone mislead, I've edited the initial post so people don't get misinformed. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm trying to hit delay 485 in SS breeding for IVs. I heard that the starting frame in HGSS is almost always 3, but I'm not sure what that means, giving me some uncertainty to whether I'm RNGing correctly. After hours of trying to hit a delay I got easily in calibration, I still haven't hit it, and I'm wondering if maybe I have and I should be reading the Elm responses from a certain point. I have no roamers, and a shiny, correct-natured, correct ability Egg which I am saved in front of.

If you have no roamers, then your starting frame should be one. I suggest that on every attempt, find a pattern of Elm calls and use that to see what you really hit. For example let's say you call four times and get E E P K. Look for those four letters around your target delay. You could be off by 10, ahead 2 or 3 frames, you never know.

^I believe it is said in the first posts of the firt page, if it isn't in Rommstar's post, look at Wild Eep's one.

I have a question about ID/SID too. In pandora's Box, I entered my desired PID + ID + delay range (actually went for infinite).
I had multiple searchs for multiple IDs with the same. I got two results:
For PID 3F6A3D8A and ID 33333 (seed/delay/ID/SID) :
CB0E3906/14598/0/737
For PID 3F6A3D8A and ID 44444 (seed/delay/ID/SID) :
CB0E3906/14598/0/737
As you can see, both are the same results. However, none of them shows the ID I desired...
So from these results I have 2 questions:
Does an ID 0, in this case, means that the ID is the one I wanted?
Why did this result occur? Is there a way of veryfying if it actually works?

Is it known when precisely the ID/SID is generated in Diamond/Pearl??
It's right after you shut down the TV program. So if you want to do a SID RNG on either of those games (and also Platinum), you wait with that TV screen showing and then hit A when your countdown ends.

So how does RadioSeed work?

I had my delay at 850, on a date of 2:59:50. Now 2 AM is the time Buena's password is on so that's useless to me. This is for roamers at the Elite Four, by the way.
I heard someone post here before claiming that I can just wait till it's 3 AM and use the RadioSeed. But apparently... not so much.

The seed which I'm confident I've hit (since the roamers matched and I've done the spread various times before) did not display the Pokémon Search Party answers the application generated.
Better yet, it also failed when I searched 50 delays up and down with +/- 2 seconds.

What the hell is wrong here?

PS: I've got 8 Badges, none of the Kanto ones. If that matters.

So how does RadioSeed work?

I had my delay at 850, on a date of 2:59:50. Now 2 AM is the time Buena's password is on so that's useless to me. This is for roamers at the Elite Four, by the way.
I heard someone post here before claiming that I can just wait till it's 3 AM and use the RadioSeed. But apparently... not so much.

The seed which I'm confident I've hit (since the roamers matched and I've done the spread various times before) did not display the Pokémon Search Party answers the application generated.
Better yet, it also failed when I searched 50 delays up and down with +/- 2 seconds.

What the hell is wrong here?

PS: I've got 8 Badges, none of the Kanto ones. If that matters.
Radioseed did not work for me when I did my roamers. I trusted my roamer positions instead. But I did use the radio to advance frames. Here are some links:

A response I made on the help forum concerning RNG for roamers on HGSS. And here is the link to the RadioSeed guide, since this info isn't on the first page of the help thread like I thought.

Put the seed into Seed(hex) main window, choose the method, hit generate. :-)

Its because i had the shiny only box on, but sice now i dont but i remember it was frame 514 it will still be shiny if i went to 513 and battled right? Idk why im asking this because i killed the sudo so it would respawn after i beat the elite 4

EDIT: Hey riski!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)