Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I don't know where to download some of the older versions of RNG Reporter...
It seems that the recent version doesn't know the results in fishing under Encounter Codes, if I get a byte or not.
Pls. tell me where to download it.
Anyone?

Method K and I don't think they've ever shown it. Method J for DPPt it should. I think I have most recent one now and that's what I've found. If it's not showing for J either, than yeah...that is a bit weird, XD.

So I searched for a seed using the Method 1 thing and a Bold Nature. Do I need a synch for capturing this, and will it let me capture Cresselia?

My Seed is CB00027F

You don't need a synchronizer for any roamer/gift pokemon, only wild (both grass and stationary legends). Roamers are set once they are released (like Cresselia is set when you talk to her).

Is there anyone who can help me find all the near-flawless shiny spreads that I can capture with my ID (14288) and SID (31086)? I couldn't download Wichu's program on both of my laptops, so I'd be really, really grateful if anyone can help. You can VM or PM me or just post here. Thanks so much. :)

Also, may I ask another question: Why is it that some spreads for captures are dependent on the ID and SID while others are not?

Edit: Zari is helping me now. Thank you, Zari. :)

The 1st generation parents are both flawless. I'm trying to breed for one perfect, future parent (2nd generation) so that this perfect, future parent (2nd generation), a female Eevee, will have an easier time breeding perfect kids (3rd generation) since one of the future 2nd generation parents has random IVs - a male Raichu.
Q: Will the mother/father holding an Everstone while breeding affect the process of RNGing in HGSS? I.e. will it help provide more spreads for the correct natured children?

I've read the Emerald RNG page, and I still have some questions. This may be just me being stupid, though. :P

Alright, first thing, from what I've read, if you want to hit a frame you have to encounter a the Pokemon at the exact moment that the timer goes off? And when/if I don't hit my desired frame, I check my IVs, and enter them into the RNG or other frame finder and do some math stuff to to get another frame to go by, then try it again?

Just making sure I've got this right.

Now, do I need my SID for this (seems like I don't), and what's a good frame to start looking for in a decent shiny Rayquaza (Hasty/Naive preferably), factoring in the 84 frames I have to wait because of the animation?

If I have generated a shiny egg and left it ready to be collected can I go and do other stuff then go back and abuse for ivs

I've read the Emerald RNG page, and I still have some questions. This may be just me being stupid, though. :P

Alright, first thing, from what I've read, if you want to hit a frame you have to encounter a the Pokemon at the exact moment that the timer goes off? And when/if I don't hit my desired frame, I check my IVs, and enter them into the RNG or other frame finder and do some math stuff to to get another frame to go by, then try it again?

Just making sure I've got this right.

Now, do I need my SID for this (seems like I don't), and what's a good frame to start looking for in a decent shiny Rayquaza (Hasty/Naive preferably), factoring in the 84 frames I have to wait because of the animation?
When going for a wild pokemon, GET A SYNCHRONIZER. I can't stress this enough. You also need a Sweet Scenter, all of which have different delays on the Sweet Scenting. I've found that with Oddish, you have to Sweet Scent about 4-4.5 seconds earlier than your target frame, because that's how long it takes to encounter a pokemon.
You need your SID for any shinies. Another thing, don't bother going for a shiny Rayquaza. If you're going for a good Naive/Hasty one, it's not going to be fun either.
Basically, if you have a 4th gen game, learn how to RNG on that. Emerald RNG will make you want to never play pokemon ever again.

Cassie

giant claw
A question about IV RNG... I know my frame-9 but what does it mean by -Whatever frame your game is set onto, subtract that from the frame you entered onto RNG Reporter and divide the result by two.
I entered my frame but if I subtract it'll be 0.. If anyone could explain this I'd be grateful :)

A question about IV RNG... I know my frame-9 but what does it mean by -Whatever frame your game is set onto, subtract that from the frame you entered onto RNG Reporter and divide the result by two.
I entered my frame but if I subtract it'll be 0.. If anyone could explain this I'd be grateful :)
That's presumably to use the journal to advance the frame, as each page flip advances by two. If your starting frame is your target frame, you don't want any advances at all.

Heartgold legend rng:
I found a seed and hit it. The seed was generated with Method 1 in a list of spreads I found. The frame doesn't corespond with hg so I generated the seed using Method K. I put in a synch and couldn't find my spread. When I put in a synch later, I found 4 with the exact same spread and nature I want. They all have the same PID so I assume it doesn't matter which one I choose. All the frames are 2849. The only problem is I didn't know I had to have a synch and didn't bring one. Do I have to hit my seed again with a synch or start advancing the frames?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 11)