Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok I'm close to hitting my frame of 991 for my pokemon in the grass, do I Sweet Scent when I hit 989 since it's 2 frames before my target? This is on SoulSilver.

Cassie

giant claw
Is there away for veryfying that you have hit the right seed+frame when you are breeding for ivs. It takes ages to hatch the egg and check the ivs.
Use the poketch coin flipper and see if the result matches the result that is says about in the frame you chose.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Won't the npcs mess it up
NPCs only advance the standard RNG frame for IVs and such. The coin flip/happiness checker go off of the IRNG, for egg PIDs and such. While the NPCs will advance the LCRNG frame, you can verify your seed regardless :)

EDIT: @Ventus, make sure you're on a bike when you use sweet scent; having a pokemon behind you makes the frame advancement of SS vary; otherwise you are correct :)

in methode j RNGing if your seed time is 6:59:59
so i will have to change my ds time exactly to this time and go to the game
or i will change my ds time to 6:59:00 and quickly after 1 second at 6:59:59 i will start the game

The following are the only perfect catch spreads:

Search for: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Found 6 result(s)!
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70
PID: e85091a9 (DOCILE, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: bf0b02aa Method 1: 3886, J (synch): 3823, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3819, K (no synch): 3861) HP DARK 70
PID: e9375a48 (CALM, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 5d000242 Method 1: 163, J (synch): 18, J (no synch): 48, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 48) HP DARK 70
PID: f9426f72 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 52140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, K (synch): 91, K (no synch): 89) HP DARK 70
PID: 685011a9 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 3f0b02aa Method 1: 3886, J (synch): 3817, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3819, K (no synch): 3831) HP DARK 70
PID: 6937da48 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: dd000242 Method 1: 163, J (synch): 20, J (no synch): 60, K (synch): 22, K (no synch): 40) HP DARK 70

Edit: You can mess with PokeRNGs wanted delay to get better frames for these spreads.
How do you run a OT/SID RNG to make these shiny? I'd love to have a flawless latias

what do they mean in the RNG reporter when it says coin flips:H,T,H,H and stuff like that? im trying to practice RNG so i wanna hatch a shiny egg to get the hang of it/

How do you run a OT/SID RNG to make these shiny? I'd love to have a flawless latias
Take a PID from one of those spreads and use it in Pandora's Box on RNG Reporter. If you want two shiny spreads at once, I suggest you choose the modest ability 0 or the timid abilty 0 PID, since these two are twins and show up on the same game if you RNG the SID/OT for either of them. All spreads have a twin, but the twin spread does not always have a good nature.

However, if you want to generate a combo with something useful for more than ubers, you might want to look into this set

(TIMID, ability 1) 30\11\31\30\31\31 (HP Grass 70)
(MODEST
, ability 1) 30\11\31\30\31\31 (HP Grass 70)

See my thread for a list of spreads that come with other spreads in one game. Use PokeRNG to generate the PIDs.

what do they mean in the RNG reporter when it says coin flips:H,T,H,H and stuff like that? im trying to practice RNG so i wanna hatch a shiny egg to get the hang of it/
I assume you have your seed. Click shiny only and find a shiny with the right nature and ability. If there are none repeat. Once you have found a good frame right click it then click poketech taps. Follow the instructions then go and put your parents in the daycare colect the egg and it should hatch shiny.

I assume you have your seed. Click shiny only and find a shiny with the right nature and ability. If there are none repeat. Once you have found a good frame right click it then click poketech taps. Follow the instructions then go and put your parents in the daycare colect the egg and it should hatch shiny.
yeah i do but are taps for most good natures supposed to be like 7000+ taps and stuff like that? and also do i need to withdraw the parents from the pc first or can i have them in my party?

If you're going for shininess and nature of eggs in DPPt, you will definitely want to go to Time Finder >>> Shiny Egg >>> and perform those actions instead of doing it at the main window because as you see, those taps are ridiculously high, lol.

The drawback to doing it this way is that you have to hit your delay at least twice. One for the shiny egg and another for the IV generation.

And having your pokemon in your party is more beneficial than having it in the PC.

Pokewalker RNG'd pokemon are generated via Method 1 right?
Sorry but thats incorrect it much more complcated then that

IV's and the frame of that pokemon are generated on wondercard method,

To see what the nature will be you have to do calculations and a frame that will correspond (its not the same frame) to your calculations in Dppt Normal Egg PID
Try using the shiny egg time finder to get easier shiny eggs

1. Have all 6 pkmn including parents in your party
Save infront of the daycare lady
SR and try to hit your time, YOU MUST VERIFY YOUR SEED VIA COIN FLIP
When you hit the correct seed, then do the happiness tap and then the other coin flip that is in the shiny egg time finder.
Then correctly put the correct parents and the correct order in the daycare (if you just want an shiny egg just put the correct pokemon in the daycare, dont worry about the order)

Then get the egg to generate and it should be shiny

Edit: Beaten by Bakus :)

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out why I can't run PokeRNG on my computer. I got a new laptop since I last visited smogon, and it runs RNG Reporter just fine but for some reason when I go to download PokeRNG it shows up as an unknown file type. Is there some software or update I may be missing that would cause this? I'd love to know for sure that the ID/SID combo I successfully hit had the shiny spread I wanted and frames/encounter slots and such, and RNG Reporter takes years in comparison to search.

If you're going for shininess and nature of eggs in DPPt, you will definitely want to go to Time Finder >>> Shiny Egg >>> and perform those actions instead of doing it at the main window because as you see, those taps are ridiculously high, lol.

The drawback to doing it this way is that you have to hit your delay at least twice. One for the shiny egg and another for the IV generation.

And having your pokemon in your party is more beneficial than having it in the PC.
ok i got my times and flips and stuff what now? i have a delay of 603

oh ok thanks so much Nexus and Darkchaos.

EDIT: I was actually attempting to catch more in SS while i was in the groove but I'm happy with only one lol.

ok, I hope that i'm doing it correctly!

-At the top of pandora's box i copypasted the Seed into "Seed (hex)"
- Then i copypasted the PID into the "Shiny PID" section
- I checked search for trainer ID
- Put in my ID
- Set a minimum of 1, and then checked maximum search

Now it is searching...

Sorry but thats incorrect it much more complcated then that

IV's and the frame of that pokemon are generated on wondercard method,

To see what the nature will be you have to do calculations and a frame that will correspond (its not the same frame) to your calculations in Dppt Normal Egg PID

Try using the shiny egg time finder to get easier shiny eggs

1. Have all 6 pkmn including parents in your party
Save infront of the daycare lady
SR and try to hit your time, YOU MUST VERIFY YOUR SEED VIA COIN FLIP
When you hit the correct seed, then do the happiness tap and then the other coin flip that is in the shiny egg time finder.
Then correctly put the correct parents and the correct order in the daycare (if you just want an shiny egg just put the correct pokemon in the daycare, dont worry about the order)

Then get the egg to generate and it should be shiny

Edit: Beaten by Bakus :)
what do you mean by try to hit my time? do i need to change my ds time or something?

what do you mean by try to hit my time? do i need to change my ds time or something?
By time, i mean the target time. Just a quick question, have you read the the 6. Guide on page 1 yet? If not, you may want to read it because I use alot of terms from the guide. Also are you trying to get a shiny egg on Dppt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)