Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ah I always taught it started when you pressed the new game screen, well that explains some things, well I had 2 timers one started at the begining as a procauttion (in case it started at the begining) but I wasn't always attentif to that one, thanks that will make my calibration much easier! ^^

Wow working so much better, thanks!

At the first timer you soft reset, then just go through everything then press A when Oak says "See you later". Then go talk to your mom and get your ID card and then check it in pandoras box.

I have a problem with Pokegear's radio: I advanced the frame of 63, alternating between the stations "Trainers Profile" (lower left, +3) and "Pokemon search party" (lower right, +1), then I've captured Ho-oh and the frame is always higher than 2 / 3 .. What's wrong?

I've killed all roamers..

Can someone help I'm trying to RNG egg IV's I advance my frame to my desired one I do the coinflip trick and the flips are the same as listed after collecting the egg I then hatch it save and check It's IV's and they dont match . Can someone please help me.
oh yeah It's platinum

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a problem with Pokegear's radio: I advanced the frame of 63, alternating between the stations "Trainers Profile" (lower left, +3) and "Pokemon search party" (lower right, +1), then I've captured Ho-oh and the frame is always higher than 2 / 3 .. What's wrong?

I've killed all roamers..
On the first page it says "Trainer's Profile, 3 frames inconsistent".
I'm not certain, but I would imagine that this means that in certain scenarios it does not raise it 3 frames, but possibly more, possibly fewer. This could account for why you're not getting the desired frame.

Can someone help I'm trying to RNG egg IV's I advance my frame to my desired one I do the coinflip trick and the flips are the same as listed after collecting the egg I then hatch it save and check It's IV's and they dont match . Can someone please help me.
oh yeah It's platinum

Are you doing the flips after you receive the egg or before or after? If your doing it before that's the problem. You receive the egg and then do the flips.

Also there may be an NPC that moves before you get you egg advancing the frame which sometimes has the same taps as the right frame. This has happened to me before you just have to get in the game a quickly as humanly possible.

Hi guys, I've got a problem with the encounter slots in HG/SS. Say I have a Larvitar (cave) that appears on frame 12. When should I use Sweet Scent - on 10 or on 12 frame?

i have a question. i am very new, so i am trying to learn. but i cannot soft reset with my ds, due to me r buttom being broken. i also have action reply, which takes forever to start. this being the case, my seconds is 55, when it says average is 15. will this effect anything? and if so how do i fix this?

Hi guys, I've got a problem with the encounter slots in HG/SS. Say I have a Larvitar (cave) that appears on frame 12. When should I use Sweet Scent - on 10 or on 12 frame?
Frame 10. But some people reported that it increases it by 3. It depends on the game so I suggest you try it first. And make sure your on a bike as the pokemon following you around messes it up.

Okay, not sure if any experts on RNGing are on, but I will ask this anyways.

After I make my 9 calls and confirm I hit my delay. What do I do? I have all three roamers out and it says my frame advanced by 3.

When I put my seed into the front of the program it gives me only 2 spreads.

Btw my IV spread is 30/0/30/30/30/30 and it is for Event Latias.

Once you hit your delay you have to call to advance to your target frame.
You should have more than 2spreads on the front page though - what you do is clear everything except for the Method, Synch, and roamer location used. This way, you get frames from frame 1 all the way to infinity-ish, lol.

Then just match up the calls from elm with the frames on the front page and go down until you reach target frame. Good luck :)

If the spread appears when you have a synch chosen, then it exists. If it appears without a synch chosen, then it also exists. Synch tends to lower your target frame significantly at times though, so it's definitely beneficial to have.

In the RNG Reporter, if have a Pokemon with a 25% male, and 75% female gender ratio, and the reporter shows male for 25%, but shows female for 75%, are end results going to be a female?

Alright. Well I just hit my seed again. Man it seems so much easier now xD I usually hit 3694 or 3692.

But yeah, this is my play after my data got corrupted by who knows how. So I don't have any Synchers. And I am planning to restart to abuse a shiny id and what not.

So yeah, I get what you mean now. xD And I see where I am at. Apparently it says I am on frame 10 and the actual is 31. May I ask why it says that? If it says on the seed to time part that next to my roamers it says frame advanced 3? (if that made sense)

Pewter City has roaming NPCs, if your roamer matches, your calls matches, then you're fine. Just be careful when exiting out of the phone and talk to Latias as fast as possible.

Yeah. I heard they do. xD So just make calls till I reach number 50 frame? (My frame to reach is 51) And then talk to Latias?

So if so, basically make 40 calls from now?

You don't count really, that is cause for mistake. The front page of RNG Reporter has all the frames. Just start at 10 and hit the down arrow until you reach your target frame. Don't call on target frame though.

Read this: Part 2 for RNG Egg IVs. Pehu wrote a very nice descriptive for it - just change the method to K and not breeding.

Alright. I will write down the EKP sequence, just so I won't forget.

And what does the second part have to do with me? O.o I am on Method K xD

Unless you were speaking to JRT. xD

Sorry for the double post and all. But I think I did something wrong. I got my delay and what not.

And so it seems my sequence is PKPEEPKPPE. But for some reason when I made my next call it was P and then K, when the next two on the list were two Es.

Sorry for the double post and all. But I think I did something wrong. I got my delay and what not.

And so it seems my sequence is PKPEEPKPPE. But for some reason when I made my next call it was P and then K, when the next two on the list were two Es.
You probably hit the wrong second. Try starting the game a a minute after you are supposed to ( 7:30 would be 7:31). Do it until you hit your right second.

What? I hit my delay already and I am talking about the last part on the front of the program. Where you have to make calls till you get 1 frame above the frame you need.

My OT/ SID search turned up these results:

Seed (Hex) D2140289
Desired PID (Hex) 7942EF72

1 Seed was found

Seed: 1e273638
Delay: 1062456
ID: 0
Sid: 38454
Seconds:

What should i do now?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my first rng and surprisingly [/sarcasm] I'm having problems. Heres my problem:
I'm trying to rng timid flawless latias (I checked it's legal) in the enigma stone event. I am using RNG reporter and pika timer. My seed is d2140289, my delay is 639, and the time is 2010 March 31, 20:58:59. Pika time is set up as follows: Calibrated Delay:490 (this might be my problem, as I didn't know what to do so I copied what the rng video I was watching did and they were after a bold hp electric suicune) Wanted delay:639 Calibrated Second: 14 (this could also be my problem I didn't know what to put here so I put 14 so I could make the second timer in time) Wanted Seconds: 59. I start the time and pika timer simultaneously, enter soulsilver when timer 1 ends, and press continue when timer 2 ends. When I search the elm calls on rng reporter's elm search,they are so off a message pops up that says no matches, so I don't know what seed I'm actually hitting.
Sorry for posting every little bit of data, but I don't know where I went wrong, so I figured
post everything.

Edit: A thought just occurred to me, my frame is 114 and I forgot to reach it -.-'... So do I make 114 elm calls and the last 12 will be correct?

Edit2: I just made 102 calls and checked the last 9 (I was wrong after several calls) and it still didn't work so I guess I fail or something. Please help me....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)