Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Most of the Mt. Silver encounter slots don't match up with the appropriate map that you're on. The Psypokes maps don't match up with the actual floors that they are.

Just keep on trying on different floors. I think I found my encounter slot 7 Misdreavus on floor 3F of those maps (in reality not 3F but w/e).

I don't know about the other floors. When I had that much trouble inside the mountain, I just went outside instead and that's where I do most of my RNG now. What you could do is just test the encounter slots, stop at different frames with the correct IV spread and see what you catch until you find the right pokemon, hopefully. I've had to do that occasionally, for head butting mostly.
Yeah, I had no trouble in the grass patches outside the mountain, but Misdreavus isn't out there. Thanks for the advice though :)

Most of the Mt. Silver encounter slots don't match up with the appropriate map that you're on. The Psypokes maps don't match up with the actual floors that they are.

Just keep on trying on different floors. I think I found my encounter slot 7 Misdreavus on floor 3F of those maps (in reality not 3F but w/e).
Alright, I think I'll try that next then. Thanks :)

Edit: yay, it worked! :D

I was worried about it as well, but for the sake of being able to poke shift, I went ahead with the catch. I tested the catch several times, trying to get at least a perfect HP stat, which I did, but I still ended up with a crappy Reshiram. Oh well. I'll restart the game when the English version comes out.
Has anyone determined the number of times the frame advances until you encounter the Reshiram/Zekrom? I haven't followed B/W RNG yet, but I know that IVs are not tied with natures, so you could have a flawless Poke with any nature.

I was curious if it was possible to determine the number of frames it takes, and through trial and error, once you hit the Reshiram/Zekrom with high HP, that gives you a sign that it should be flawless or near flawless. But again, I'm only shooting in the dark here.

When I caught my retail Reshiram, there was no opportunity to look at the Reshiram after it got into the party. I was forced immediately into a battle with N and did not get to see the Reshirams full stats and nature until after the game had saved.

Did any of you actually catch the legendary at the end of the game yet, using a retail game without save states? You cannot redo the catch. You can't see anything but the HP stat. You are stuck with whatever you get the moment the last battle ends because you can't check the stats then either.
You can see at least the stats when in combat. What will not appear is the nature. I did this on a none-retail cart without save states. (Stupid, yes since I could have SRed on my computer instead)

So Ragnar, it's possible to get a decent legend if you follow the steps I stated before.

You can see at least the stats when in combat. What will not appear is the nature. I did this on a none-retail cart without save states. (Stupid, yes since I could have SRed on my computer instead)

So Ragnar, it's possible to get a decent legend if you follow the steps I stated before.
Are you talking about when it's in your party and you switch pokes during battle? I didn't think of that. Wish I had.

Thanks, OmegaForte. I'll keep this in mind for the next attempt.

Edit: Oh! Smack myself in the head. That's what Winter was saying yesterday.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The IV RNG for Reshiram / Zekrom only advances 6 times, to get the IVs. You want the frame counter value to be the frame before your target IVs when you encounter it.

RNGing for natures has taken a back seat for now as we are finishing up with IV RNG, with non C-Gear seeds and C-Gear seeds.

Still haven't found a flawless spread. Odds are you'll get a flawless spread once every billion IV frames for a given seed!

Hey, I have a noob question.
I'm pretty good at RNG'ing on Platinum and Soul Silver, and I understand the concept of how the RNG works and how to advance the frame and all that...
But still, I only understand like 35 % of what you're talking about in the RNG research thread; what I can see, however, is that it seems like the RNG in B/W has yet to be fully understood.
Will there be a new version or RNG Reporter once you fully know the mechanics of the B/W RNG? And, more importantly, will there be a new tutorial on how to hit your seed, verify it, and advance the frame?
I ask because I've been lurking in the Research Thread here very often, but reading all that professional stuff confuses me; if I want to attempt RNG'ing in Black once the english Version comes out, I need more "noob-proof" instructions on that.
:-[

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
There's still no way to verify your seed at all other than with codes.

It's understood enough so you can hit IV spreads, shiny PIDs, and target natures. What we don't know is inheritance, but with a flawless IV base spreads it will be much easier. There's already a beta version of the Reporter for IVs. Someone just has to write stuff up, but again since we don't know how to verify aside from codes it will be extremely tedious.

I plan on catching Dittos in all natures, flawless, once we know of a flawless IV spread. That should help breeders get parents, or dream world children without egg moves.

This should be good. Even better that I can verify my seed, which will make my life easier. By the way is it still possible to get a shiny Zekrom? Some where I read, it's not possible yet. (Or I'm seeing things)

This should be good. Even better that I can verify my seed, which will make my life easier. By the way is it still possible to get a shiny Zekrom? Some where I read, it's not possible yet. (Or I'm seeing things)
I don't see why it wouldn't be, unless you're talking about trying to RNG one.

Which reminds me, are we still given select shiny spreads in Gen V when we start the game and get our ID? It'd be a shame if I had to ID/SID abuse for certain shiny spread, but I suppose it can't be too troubling if it's anything like Gen IV ID/SID abuse.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Shiny Zekrom / Reshiram is not possible, ever.

No spread restrictions for ID/SID combos.

There's already codes to verify your seeds, so people can already RNG.

I was wondering if anyone knows. I downloaded the wifi Mew a while back and I'm saving it to either RNG it to have perfect IVs or to be shiny. I've done plenty of shiny egg RNG but never for perfect IVs or Wonder card/wifi event. I also finished the wifi mission on Ranger so I can transfer Shamin to my Diamond, Platinum or HG. Is it possible to RNG that one too? Any help would be appreciated.

Wondercard stuff cannot be shiny to my knowledge. You can only RNG for IVs...but be warned...you cannot RNG its nature...so good luck! Prepare to either be super duper lucky or super duper unlucky. Don't throw your game if it's the latter! :)

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Trying to breed a shiny Pidgey.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Seed is 19060260 and the delay is 598

How did you verify your seed? Used coin flips, got H,H,H,T,H,T,H,T,T,T. Everything checked out.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? I tried this twice, I hit the exact seed and delay 2 different times and as far as I can tell I did the exact same thing to further the frames, breed my pidgey, etc. Both pidgeys were not shiny. I thought maybe since I did it the same way and with the same seed and delay that the 2 pidgeys, even though not shiny, would be the same. They were not. One of male, the other female, different natures, abilities even, etc.

Note I am using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925

I have Pokemon Platinum (I bought it right when it came out, I believe Platinum had some issue related to the GTS - but it seems like that would have nothing to do with this). I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Also note that I tried to do this via the original RNG method (where you catch the pokemon and get your seed through it) and that also didn't work for me. I got my SID by using Chain to SID on the RNG reporter and 5 different shinys that I got through PokeRadar chaining. I did this with 2 different sets of shinys just to be sure and it gave me the same SID number twice, so I don't see how that can be the problem.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

In this case, it most likely is NOT your SID messing up because you still could not get the correct nature/gender, etc. Your platinum having a bad GTS is not a problem either (mine does too :P). Of course, there exists a possibility that your SID is messed up and you're messing up your RNG - unlikely if you've verified it twice. You can however, ask in the Simples thread for someone to simply AR check your SID for you.

There are two ways you can RNG for shininess/nature/gender/ability in DPPt.

1) The easy way for Shinies - using shiny egg finder. This is located in Time Finder button on the main window of RNG Reporter. If doing it this way, remember to complete the entire coinflips necessary, ie the flip sequence first to verify that you've hit your delay AND then the entire taps and flips that you must do to ensure the shiny/nature/ability/gender of the egg. This method requires you to hit your delay once to get the shininess/nature/ability/gender and again to get the IVs.

2) The easy way for nonshinies - This uses RNG Reporter main window, Method >>> DPPt Egg PID in conjunction with Seed Finder. This way is very easy to get the nature/gender/ability of your pokemon but if you want shinies...prepare to double tap the happiness counter along with flipping the coin alooooooooooot of times (in the hundreds to even thousands). Blech way if you ask me. This way requires no hitting of a delay. You can do this as long as you have the information to input into seed finder.
Method 2 is explained in further detail here: http://www.youtube.com/user/00greenbean00#p/c/EC0821234459F64B/2/pVbH2tAKG5E
It's part one of the abuse if you want to have a look :)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
So far so good. I heard that there is no “Delay“ this time. Does this make hitting your seed easier, maybe easy enough that verifying isn't necessary?

And how do we advance the frame?
There still is delay, but it's only relevant for C-Gear seeds. C-Gear seeds will be used for wild encounter captures where you can't get inheritance bridging the gaps between the desired IVs.

All the products you see from breeding is from non C-Gear seeds, so they are usually smartly soft resetting on a seed that will give them a few flawless IVs + inheritance. If frame 1 doesn't give a good inheritance spread, saving the game increases the frame by 1. Repeat until you have a good inheritance. You won't need verification.

For this, seed hitting is easy. Shinyness will be much harder to get this generation, unless you are extremely lucky like one person is. Building a save catalogue for ID combos increases shiny chances. Knowing how to RNG abuse on Gen 3 does give advantages this gen.

For wild captures, C-Gear seeds will mainly be used as you can choose the IV spread you want depending on the seed you choose to hit. Unless we find a seed with flawless IVs on frames 10-15 or 3-8, we still wouldn't know how to verify.

To advance the main RNG, saving increases +1. Walking and turning on a wild tile +1, scenting etc.

To advance the IV RNG, walking 128 steps increases +1*#(pkm in party), placing a pokemon into your party +7 (move from box or receive egg), IV results +(1-6), and battling increases at 120 frames per second. Ending a battle +6. The battling frame advancement would have to be a calibrated stat if you want to abuse it.

Could someone please explain to me how encounter slots work ??Thats the one part of Captures I just dont seem to understand.
Put your seed into RNG Reporter. Choose the correct method. Generate. Hit a frame with a right click. Choose calculate encounter slots. You'll see a small window pop up. It'll give you encounter slots for that frame. Now click the link lower down for the game you're doing the RNG on. Look at the web page. See if the pokemon you want to encounter is listed for that encounter slot. Go to the location where the pokemon can be encountered for that encounter slot and do the RNG.

Note that using a sync increases the available encounter slots if you have more than one frame with the same spread.

There still is delay, but it's only relevant for C-Gear seeds. C-Gear seeds will be used for wild encounter captures where you can't get inheritance bridging the gaps between the desired IVs.

All the products you see from breeding is from non C-Gear seeds, so they are usually smartly soft resetting on a seed that will give them a few flawless IVs + inheritance. If frame 1 doesn't give a good inheritance spread, saving the game increases the frame by 1. Repeat until you have a good inheritance. You won't need verification.

For this, seed hitting is easy. Shinyness will be much harder to get this generation, unless you are extremely lucky like one person is. Building a save catalogue for ID combos increases shiny chances. Knowing how to RNG abuse on Gen 3 does give advantages this gen.

For wild captures, C-Gear seeds will mainly be used as you can choose the IV spread you want depending on the seed you choose to hit. Unless we find a seed with flawless IVs on frames 10-15 or 3-8, we still wouldn't know how to verify.

To advance the main RNG, saving increases +1. Walking and turning on a wild tile +1, scenting etc.

To advance the IV RNG, walking 128 steps increases +1*#(pkm in party), placing a pokemon into your party +7 (move from box or receive egg), IV results +(1-6), and battling increases at 120 frames per second. Ending a battle +6. The battling frame advancement would have to be a calibrated stat if you want to abuse it.
Let me sum this up:
- IV-Breeding is actually easier this Gen;
- however, breeding for IV's + Nature + Ability (remember, there's 3 now) + Gender is harder.
- When the C-Gear is turned ON when starting the game, the game DOES use the delay (+date&time) for creating the initial seed; when the C-Gear is left OFF, delay doesn't matter at all and the seed is created only with Date + Time of your Reset???
- So far, there's no way to verify your seed :(

Another question:
Building a save catalogue for ID combos increases shiny chances.
What do you mean by that?

Oh, and you said:
C-Gear seeds will be used for wild encounter captures where you can't get inheritance bridging the gaps between the desired IVs.
Is that because you get more possibilities of initial seeds by using a specific delay (which you can only use with the C-Gear turned ON)?

RNG'ing in 5th Gen already confuses me even though I don't even have the game yet... wtf.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm just starting to try and learn 5th gen rng, for breeding is this basically how it works?

Get two parents and breed them, save in front of the daycare man.
Note the time you start the game, turn cgear off, recieve egg.
Check iv's. Say you get...
HP B
AT 21
Def 25
SA B
SD 31
Spd B

If i say wanted a special sweeper if i put the flawless parent in slot B with the power item for Def, would i get?
HP B
At 21
Def B
SA B
SD 31
Spd B

Then do i have to figure out how many times to advance the what ever frame to get the correct nature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)