Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need some clarification, before I waste too much time searching:

Assuming I knew/know nothing about RNG abuse when I started my HGSS game (ie, don't have a RNG-abused ID/SID combo), it's perfectly possible (likely) that there will simply be no flawless shiny spreads for the stationary legends? Or is it simply an issue of finding the right time/frame/delay combination?

It's very unlikely you will have a "decent" shiny spread, but not impossible. My HG game had a really decent jolly spread and the SID was not RNGed. It's much less likely you'll have one of the few shiny flawless spreads (twins). Spreads always come with another nature twin.

I guess I'm curious if there's a theoretical cap on what is possible to search. Presumably we can set the date/time to whatever we want, in addition to whatever delay we want. With these assumptions in mind, isn't it technically possible to find a 'decent' spread, given enough searching time?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I guess I'm curious if there's a theoretical cap on what is possible to search. Presumably we can set the date/time to whatever we want, in addition to whatever delay we want. With these assumptions in mind, isn't it technically possible to find a 'decent' spread, given enough searching time?
Spreads will get repeated. Of all the seeds, there are many PIDs that can never be generated. So no 'decent' shiny spreads.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I want to RNG the FAL2010 Mew now. I've downloaded it, but I haven't picked it up yet ^^

But, I need to use Wondercard IV's method for that one, obviously. But how can I get the spread I'm looking for? And I know I can't RNG for a nature on this one, so how can I find myself a flawless spread for this Mew?

So, I want to RNG the FAL2010 Mew now. I've downloaded it, but I haven't picked it up yet ^^

But, I need to use Wondercard IV's method for that one, obviously. But how can I get the spread I'm looking for? And I know I can't RNG for a nature on this one, so how can I find myself a flawless spread for this Mew?
You can use Wichu's RNG program for that. Search for flawless/hexflawless spreads and they will tell you how many frames to advance on Method 1.

If you're going for hexflawless Timid or hexflawless Modest, they're both frame 114 (at least, the one I used). So that means stand in front of the delivery man, advance the frame 113 times, then pick it up. Just remember that natures are random, so while you can get a 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, you may/may not get Timid or Modest on your first try.

But since there are three hexflawless Modest spreads, I suggest using the second one (only requires 23 frame advancements).

Edit: I don't know if you'd want a hexflawless Docile one, but here are all the hexflawless spreads regardless:

PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70
PID: e85091a9 (DOCILE, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: fb100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 1, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
PID: e9375a48 (CALM, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 8a01082e Method 1: 119, J (synch): 2, J (no synch): 4, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 4) HP DARK 70
PID: f9426f72 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 52140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, K (synch): 91, K (no synch): 89) HP DARK 70
PID: 685011a9 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 7b100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
PID: 6937da48 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 0a01082e Method 1: 119, J (synch): 4, J (no synch): 16, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 34) HP DARK 70

Okay, I calibrated my ID/SID resets, and these are the results:

Average Delay: 6927
Average Seconds: 0

What do I do now? Find something with a delay that is ~7500 or something? And what do I do with Pikatimer beeps?
Posted in the wrong thread first.. :(

Hey I am fairly new to this, just registered for smogon like 5 minutes ago, and I am trying to learn how to RNG legendary pokemon in HGSS and platinum (I just played through the game and didn't catch any until I could learn how to get them perfect). I already have experience RNGing (that is, I have made like 40 perfect eggs, two of them shiny -and not by luck- and yes it took a very long time), but I don't really understand what I need to be doing for legendary pokemon. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated and I'll try to repay you in someway (if you want a pokemon or something, I have all of them except deoxys). Because I do need A LOT of help (mostly just detailed instructions, and I don't really understand the initial moderator posts, probably my fault), I think it would be best if you could send me a Private Message (that way we won't be filling up this post with my stupid questions)? Also, I don't use these hacking/cheating things so all my pokemon are 100% legit.

Also, I made a "robot" (all it does is scroll through the beginning to get the delay that I want) that RNGs efficiently for me (I still have to advance the frames). Don't know if this is relevant, but I'm putting it out there.

If you would like to help but just don't have the time to message me back and forth, I just need a general watered down algorithm of what I need to do with troubleshooting (in which of the steps is it possible that I could have made a mistake, and how to fix it).

Thanks for your time, I look forward to adding to the "Smogon Society" :).

***Edited Addition: Legendary pokemon include 1) wondercard mew, 2) roaming legendaries (latiosHG, enteiHG,raikouHG AND cresseliaPT, mespiritPT, articunoPT, zapdosPT, moltresPT), 3) stationary legendary pokemon (articunoHG,zapdosHG, moltresHG, mewtwoHG, lugiaHG, ho-ohHG, suicuneHG, kyogreHG, rayquazaHG, registeelPT, regirockPT, regicePT,uxiePT, azelfPT, regigigasPT, dialgaPT, palkiaPT, giratinaPT, and any other pokemon I may have missed) 4) even lati@sHG, 5) the arceus event dialga/palkia/giratina.

***By "perfect", I mean IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/31 or the highest IV for hidden-power.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I know how to use Pikatimer for normal RNGing, when the first timer reaches 0, start the game, and when the second ends, select Continue.

But how does it work for SID/ID RNG?
You do the same thing except the end of the second timer is when you should hit A on the screen right before you turn small. See the first page of this thread. I believe it has a guide.

Stuff he said. But I deleted for a smaller post.
Well, HGSS and platinum are a little different in how they go about RNG'ing standing legends, but I'll go through both.

Starting off with HGSS. To start as an example. Say we are using this spread:
PID: 31983db5 (ADAMANT, ability 1) 31/31/31/11/30/31 (Seed: 930f09bc Method 1: 165, J (synch): 136, J (no synch): 146, K (synch): 136, K (no synch): 138) HP STEEL 70

So my desired nature is Adamant, so I can going to either catch or hatch a Pokemon that has the ability Synchronize along with the nature of Adamant. What this does is basically just helps the wild Poke you're trying to catch have better odds of being the nature of that Synch. When using a synch it always has to be the first in your party.
The synchs are meant to be used on both DPPt and HGSS catches.

So now, I am going to go where my standing legendary is, since most of the legends aren't anywhere near moving trainers or other people. Or of wild Pokes you're not going to need to worry about them messing up your frame.

So now, for this example I am going use the stationary Legends Ho-oh, and Giratina. Just for examples.

So for Ho-oh, you're going to run up the tower and it's long stairways. Once you get to Ho-oh, you can either save right in front of him, or you can save right next to the stars leading up to him. Since we are going to use this part of the seed/spread I posted earlier: K (synch): 136. That means that we have a synch in our party, and our frame is that of 136.
There are few ways to advance your frame. That is to call Elm, which is also to see what seed you hit, whether it be the right one or not. Elm is one frame advancement per call. Joey calls, one call to him is 2 frame advancements. You can also do the Pokemon Talk radio station in your radio part of the Pokegear. This advances by 13-14 frames. It's not consistent in being 13, 14, 13, and than 14. It's basically random. So you'll have to compensate for that. It seems to be the quickest way.
But since the radio can be a little difficult to use right off the bat, I'll just ignore that part for now, and we'll stick to our Elm calls for advancement.

So we saved in front of Ho-oh. We reset for our seed which is Seed: 930f09bc. Once we load into the game, immidiately open your Pokegear, and call Elm about 10 times. See if you hit the seed or not, if you didn't which one did you hit?
Once you land on the seed you are wanting. If you had called Elm 10 times already, now you just need to call him 125 more times.
125 + 10 = 135. Since Ho-oh's starting frame is one, after calling for the 135th, you will get your desired IV's upon him. (means when you talk to Ho-oh and encounter him, he will advance the frame by 1)

Now for Platinum. Platinum is a bit different but much thus the same.
So we are going to save next to Giratina in the Turnback Cave with our synch first in the party.
We check our seed via Coin Flip. Until we get it.
Than we figure out how many journal flips we need to do that have Pokemon Caught, killed on those pages. That kind of stuff.
Our frame is J (synch): 136.
So Journal flips advance the frame by 2, and Giratina's frame is 1. So we are going to do need to do 67 Journal flips, and than walk 128 steps with only 1 Pokemon in your party (128 steps advances the frame by how many Pokemon are in your party if there isn't any wild Pokemon in the area).
So if you had only 1 Pokemon in your party, you walk 128 steps, and you Journal flips 67 times, and than talk to Giratina. He will have your desired IV's.

Same goes for pretty much every other standing legend as well.

Now with Wondercards, they are a bit different. Say we are going for the same seed as we have for these 2. Except we would use Method 1, and sync's are of no use for these guys. We advance the frame like we normally would. If it has a fixed nature (meaning that it always will be one nature) that it'll come out with those IV's and the fixed nature. Now if it doesn't have a fixed nature. It has a 1/26 (26 natures right? Or however many natures are in total) chance of being the nature you would want. So you might have to hit the same seed, advance the frame a bunch of time to get the desired nature for your non-fixed nature wondercard Poke.
Method 1: 165
Wondercard Pokes have a starting frame of 1. So you'd advance 164 times, than pick the Poke up.
Make sure you're in a mart where none of the people in the Mart are moving. As if they are moving, it'll mess you up.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry if I forgot anything.
Good luck<3

When ID/SID abusing, and you hit the wrong ID, is there any way to tell how far off you were, or are you just supposed to keep trying and hope you hit the right ID/SID.

When ID/SID abusing, and you hit the wrong ID, is there any way to tell how far off you were, or are you just supposed to keep trying and hope you hit the right ID/SID.
When you're in Pandora's box, go to the far right, and fill out the TID you got, with the year month day hour minute second, and min/max delays, and it'll tell you what you SID's go with what delays.

Toast++

When you're in Pandora's box, go to the far right, and fill out the TID you got, with the year month day hour minute second, and min/max delays, and it'll tell you what you SID's go with what delays.
Does this mean I could calibrate without getting all the way to goldenrod first?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Ragnar:
You can use the far right hand column of Pandora's Box in RNG Reporter.

Enter the time and date (to the minute) of the seed you were going for.

Enter a Maximum and Minimum Delay (it's a good idea to use a largeish range, ~600, here, since timer's fall down a little on longer delays).

Then enter the ID# that you did get, and it will produce a list of seeds that you may have hit.

Usually you can tell which one was the one you got. Say you were going for a seed at 10seconds, and the two it offers are at 9seconds, and 48seconds, you can guess that you hit the 10seconds one. You can then manually add a second to the FIRST timer in Pikatimer and try again.
If you can't deduce which one of the multiple seeds it shows is likely to be the one you hit, you may have to do it a few times, and see where delays appear the most. Say there's always multiples, but there's one option with a delay of ~6250 on every single one, you can guess that's the one you're hitting.

@ToastPlusOne:
For ID/SID resetting don't bother calibrating. Just use the "Other Delay" or "Update" boxes in the timers to correct it after a couple of trial runs. It took me 2 runs to start hitting ±5 delays of my target, so you can cut it down pretty fast just using trial and error.

Wonderful, thank you both! I was worried I might have to RNG the hard way, and just guess what the time was. This is a huge relief.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Someone here that can find me a better modest flawless spread for my Kyogre? I did find one, but the second timer is too short >_<

I did it! I'm gonna check it with an RNGed egg from SS, but I think I got it, at least the ID matches. :D Thanks to everyone who helped.

Eggs can be shiny without having to abuse for an ID/SID combo. If your ID/SID matches what you wanted, then you succeed. For confirmation, just use Wichu's PokeRNGDP to find your shiny spread.

Thanks!!! This is very nicely written and thoroughly explained. I'll try it out when I go back home for the winter break but again thanks!

P.S. Sorry if I'm asking too much but how can I find "reasonable" frames (that is, not having to do 10000000000 journal flips) yet get good nature/IV's (like the example you gave me.) Do you by any chance have a list of "good frames for specific natures"? (I ask this because I keep a list of times for egg-RNGing).

Egg RNGing are always on low frames. If you're doing DPPt egg abuse and you want a low shiny frame, try using the shiny egg finder :)

Hokay, trying my hand at HGSS Egg abuse, stumbled across another question, somewhat related to my last.

With regards to PokeRNG, specifically the Seed to Time and Shiny Egg utilities, does the frame that it gives you (in my case 8) take into account Elm calls? I've not been using Elm calls to verify my seed, as the roamers have seemed to be far more efficient with respect to Method 1/K captures.

So, if my frame is 8, and I hit my seed using all three roamers (+3), shouldn't I only have to call Joey 2 times to hit my frame? Or is the frame really 18 because PokeRNG thinks I'm going to call Elm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)