Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If I RNG for a shiny starter in HG/SS is there any way to trade him to my plat without him gaining any EVs? If I recall correctly I am forced to battle my rival after exiting Cherrygrove when heading back to New Bark Town.
No, because you need at least two pokemon to trade. The only way is to use an AR and cheat to get pokeballs before you actually get them in-game. Then catch a pokemon, and trade. Or you could deposit your starter, clone it, and trade later

So to RNG the Shiny Gyarados in HG/SS you have to use the same method as you would use to RNG a shiny in D/P/Pt? Which part of the D/P/Pt guide does that fall under, Part 4?

I'm confused as to where to start with this Gyarados. Is the first step to calibrate and find my SID?

Just posted this in the SQSA but I think it's better suited to go here:

Does anyone know which floor of Whirl Islands is "Unknown Floor A"?

I want to RNG abuse Horsea there but Idk which floor that is :S The encounter slot table lists it as Unknown Floor A, so I'm confuses .-.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
If I'm abusing latias, do I RNG it before Steven tells me about it or any time later?
You have to save at the Pokémon Fanclub, right before you get out. You have to do the advancements and delay checking at this point. Make sure you do a test run first.

You have to save at the Pokémon Fanclub, right before you get out. You have to do the advancements and delay checking at this point. Make sure you do a test run first.
Thanks! So if I want to RNG it, I would do what you said, then am I free to do other things in the game before I capture it? And the OP says it starts on frame 11 or something, so would I not be able to rng it if my shiny frame is frame 4?

Buckert

How do I advance 5000 frames?
When still in your PokéGear, switch to the Radio. Then, go from center to Pokémon Talk and back. First post says you'll adcance 14-18 frames, but that's not true. When switching to Pokémon Talk and back to the center, you'll advance 13-14 frames.

5000/14= 357 times from Center to Pokémon Talk.

Thanks! So if I want to RNG it, I would do what you said, then am I free to do other things in the game before I capture it? And the OP says it starts on frame 11 or something, so would I not be able to rng it if my shiny frame is frame 4?
Yes. You can save if you'd like, but that's the point it's released. And I don't think you can reach frame 4 for Latias, since you have to check your delay as well.

When still in your PokéGear, switch to the Radio. Then, go from center to Pokémon Talk and back. First post says you'll adcance 14-18 frames, but that's not true. When switching to Pokémon Talk and back to the center, you'll advance 13-14 frames.

5000/14= 357 times from Center to Pokémon Talk.
What if, the frame I want to hit is not divisible by 14?

Buckert

So, at the time Lati@s is released, its IVs and shininess is already determined?
Yes sir.

What about the last frames?
Joey or elm?
Well you do have to check which frame you got after 357 times Radio, you could be between 4641 and 4998

I'm in the Green House, in the Fun Club. So, I'm waiting to go out and talk to Steven Stone.
Save in front of the exit, hit you delay but don't do any advancements yet. Starting frame 11 is an average, it just depends on you fast you can bring your Pokégear up. Just do a test run first. :)

Save in front of the exit, hit you delay but don't do any advancements yet. Starting frame 11 is an average, it just depends on you fast you can bring your Pokégear up. Just do a test run first. :)
Yes but I have to advance 10 frames cause I have to check if I hit my delay with Elm Calls.

Yes sir.

Well you do have to check which frame you got after 357 times Radio, you could be between 4641 and 4998

Thanks let me try it now.
Benn still with the delay hit for a long time now.:P

Yes sir.

Lol. In that case, since I just released it, I need to turn it off. That means re-abusing suicune for me :( Since I didn't save after I caught it...

Buckert

Yes but I have to advance 10 frames cause I have to check if I hit my delay with Elm Calls.
Yeah that's not a problem, just check whice frame you're on after you done the delay check, and then go out and capture it to see how many frame your game advanced. Then turn it off, and try again. This time you will do the advancements. :)

Thanks let me try it now.
Benn still with the delay hit for a long time now.:P
Glad I can help dude, just post here if it's not working for some reason.

Lol. In that case, since I just released it, I need to turn it off. That means re-abusing suicune for me :( Since I didn't save after I caught it...
Well you can knock it out and abuse it at the E4, which could give you the opportunity to reach frame 4, but you'll have to do a test run for that too, not sure. OR you can use a re-battle code, or just capture Suicune again. I see you've done a lot more abuses lately, so abusing a new Suicune wouldn't be much of a problem for you. I guess it'll take 5 to 10 min. :)

Yeah that's not a problem, just check whice frame you're on after you done the delay check, and then go out and capture it to see how many frame your game advanced. Then turn it off, and try again. This time you will do the advancements. :)

Glad I can help dude, just post here if it's not working for some reason.

Well you can knock it out and abuse it at the E4, which could give you the opportunity to reach frame 4, but you'll have to do a test run for that too, not sure. OR you can use a re-battle code, or just capture Suicune again. I see you've done a lot more abuses lately, so abusing a new Suicune wouldn't be much of a problem for you. I guess it'll take 5 to 10 min. :)
Eh, I already caught him again just now xD
But would you recommend still killing off Latias? And its IVs can indeed get regenerated after I do that? Lol I'm sorry you're kind of getting swamped by all these questions at once...

Buckert

Thanks Buckert. :)
No problem ^^

Eh, I already caught him again just now xD
But would you recommend still killing off Latias? And its IVs can indeed get regenerated after I do that? Lol I'm sorry you're kind of getting swamped by all these questions at once...
Lol. Well, when you kill it, it'll re-appear once you've beaten the Champion. So you have to save in front of Lance, but you'll have to check your delay with Entei and Raikou, because you cannot make any calls at the E4.

And don't worry dude, I'm here to help. :)

Any problem, if I take it to the bottom by mistake?
Nope, you could be between 0 and 3 higher, so that wouldn't kill you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)