Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I was trying to get a Golduck, as first Retail Pearl abuse, because on Route 226 (i guess) there are no wandering NPCs. I found this good spread in the RNG

Target Frame 11, Monster Frame 2, roamings captured. Now, Generate adjacent times showed that

I have hit the seed, hit the delay (Coin Flip matches), 9 advancements done (walked in spots with wild mons, assuming walk = 1 and walk + turn = 2), Sweet Scent used, Golduck captured. It was Naughty, spread was really shitty (24 Speed, other IVs under 15).

Really, i can't figure out what did i do wrong .-.
According to this NPC guide
There is a NPC on rt 226
Also for advancement did you do/try 4 journal flip, 1 step then ss?
ss=sweet scent
It the right seed and just got advance by one

Also the only frame that naughty and have a spd of 24 is 5000+ and 1 npc cant advance the frame that fast

Hi all,

In Platinum, trying to RNG Uxie with good Nature/IVs. Aiming for Bold 30/31/31/31/31/31 on Seed 0D17025B, Frame 439. The Delay is 602 as I'm setting the date/time to 2001 (as a sidenote, opinions on the worth of learning to time longer delays to get nicer dates? Are dates ever contentious?).
Yes, It is worth having high delays in order to get dates that are normal. Most user rng pokemon to have normal dates. Also higher delays = lower frames

2.) It varies from person to person.

Anyway, I manage to hit the right Seed (verified by the Coin Flip hitting THTTHHTHHT as per RNGReporter), but I can't seem to get the frame right. For frame 439, given that I have no wanderers, it should simply be 219 Journal flips, yes?

I've attempted this twice now, and got the Adamant 26/10/25/8/13/23 from Frame 450 both times. I've saved directly in front of Uxie, so no steps are taken, and Coin Flip is already on-screen. After I Coin Flip, all I do is load the menu, open the Journal and flip 219 times. To get to a 'flipworthy' page, I have to go through 3 useless ones, and then I toggle between the useful and useless pages 219 times, then exit the Journal by pressing the Start button.

Yet somehow I always seem to overshoot by 11 frames. I've been counting my flips by doing 'answer + 1' on a calculator, so I'm almost certain I haven't screwed that up (and it seems a coincidence that I got the same dicey spread both times). Any ideas? Have I overlooked something else that advances the RNG?

I could try just compensating for the 11 extras by walking 128 steps with my 5 pokemon and then flipping 211 times... but I'd rather figure out why it's not working, in case that won't work for the same reason.

And suggestions warmly received... preferably polite ones!
No, I will be rude
jking
Well some question
1. Do you have a bold pokemon with sync in as the leader?
2. Are you using method J?
3. Did you save standing extremely close to uxie?,yes you did
4. You are just doing 219 then pressing A right?, yes, you did
5. When you open the journal, does the "capture/caught pokemon" page appears first?
I could try just compensating for the 11 extras by walking 128 steps with my 5 pokemon and then flipping 211 times... but I'd rather figure out why it's not working, in case that won't work for the same reason.
Yea, thats confusing, dont do it.
If you did here just an example if you did it.
439-11= 214 NOT 211
128 steps = 1*5 = 5
428+5 = 433
that's -6 off the target frame.

There is no NPC to irritate the frame in Uxie cave.

Just notice something, the frame 450 with the iv and nature only appear on method 1. Under method j its on 447. On Method J on 450 it should be Serious 0/2/19/22/4/26. I think it may be the way you advance the frame. So the frame would be "magically" advancing 7 instead of 11. But try again and carefully count the frame you advance.

According to this NPC guide
There is a NPC on rt 226
NPCs changes the frame even if aren't on the screen, right :/
Also for advancement did you do/try 4 journal flip, 1 step then ss?
ss=sweet scent
No, i've just did 9 steps in the grass, with a Repel
It the right seed and just got advance by one
Does Sweet Scent advance the frame? Or the advance (i guess 1) is already counted when the Initial Frame for Sweet Scent in the grass is 2?
Also the only frame that naughty and have a spd of 24 is 5000+ and 1 npc cant advance the frame that fast
Well, i'll try again

NPCs changes the frame even if aren't on the screen, right :/
IIRC, I think they can advance the frame even off screen, especially true for spirtomb in my exp.

No, i've just did 9 steps in the grass, with a Repel
If you can try 4 flips then sweet scent, as they will leave basically no room for error ie npc or some weird advancemnt.

Does Sweet Scent advance the frame? Or the advance (i guess 1) is already counted when the Initial Frame for Sweet Scent in the grass is 2?
SS advance the frame 1 but if you already included then dont worry.
Advance= target-#roam-2(1 for mon frame + 1 for sweet scent)

Well, i'll try again
So it look like the npc is the prob, as of now

i'm trying to abuse enigma stone latios, i've saved after the dialogue so I can rng it.
i've created a savestate after hit my delay (587), and another savestate with 14.262 frame. The target is 14.268, but i can't hit it. I called Elm 6 time, but nothing...
This is my spread:
Seed: 960102ae - ID: 26368 SID: 24650 - 12.268 frame, method k synch timid - 31/31/30/30/31/30 hp fire 70

Also, I always strangely hit 30/30/31/12/18/18 timid spread:

i'm trying to abuse enigma stone latios, i've saved after the dialogue so I can rng it.
i've created a savestate after hit my delay (587), and another savestate with 14,262 frame. The target is 14,268, but i can't hit it. I called Elm 6 time, but nothing...
This is my spread:
Seed: 960102ae - ID: 26368 SID: 24650 - 12,268 frame, method k synch timid - 31/31/30/30/31/30 hp fire 70

Need for information...

1. Do you have any roaming pokemon?

2. In seed to time have you adjusted your adjacent frame to display -+2 and delay that is -+50 off target delay, for you 99 would be best.

3. Do you know how to use a timer because doing 10000+ advancement is kinda insane.

4. You do know there is a npc in pewter city right?

5. Did you save right in front of it and quickly access pokegear?

But I still will advise you to find another seed with a high delay because, high delay seeds have way lower frames.

Need for information...

1. Do you have any roaming pokemon?

2. In seed to time have you adjusted your adjacent frame to display -+2 and delay that is -+50 off target delay, for you 99 would be best.

3. Do you know how to use a timer because doing 10000+ advancement is kinda insane.

4. You do know there is a npc in pewter city right?

5. Did you save right in front of it and quickly access pokegear?

But I still will advise you to find another seed with a high delay because, high delay seeds have way lower frames.
1. No, i've killed all
2. Yes, i put +-2 second and +-80 delay..
3. Yes, i used Pikatimer for 587 delay, and radioseed for frame..
4. There is only me, Latios and Steven.
5. I've created a savestate while I'am in Pokegear savestate screen.

however, i'm using a flashcard and i've check iv code active.
But for roamer Latias there were no problems with this seed..

The RNG is advanced by one for each step or turn that you make, even when Repel is in use. Turning and walking in a single movement advances the RNG by two.
From the onsite guide. Its for any area that contains pokemon (cave, surfing, walking in grass)

Maybe i'm saying bullshits, but when i calibrate the DP RNG, (as shown in this pic)

Delay is the delay i hit, and seconds are the actual seconds when i press A on the Continue screen?

Bruno
If its seed finder, the second is when you find a pokemon.
If time finder, its the second when you press A on the screen.
I think this is what your asking
But yea rng in DP<PT<HGSS<BW

Edit:
Your doing the actual calibration right and not seeding to time?

Sasuke
Sorry I miss read, the way your rnging is closer to rng on emu which I have no expertise on sorry, but someone else can help.

Bruno
If its seed finder, the second is when you find a pokemon.
If time finder, its the second when you press A on the screen.
I think this is what your asking
That's what i was looking for

But yea rng in DP<PT<HGSS<BW
For BW i'm waiting Italian non-C-Gear to be released, the HGSS story is soooo boring, and i don't have Platinum :D

Edit:
Your doing the actual calibration right and not seeding to time?
I'm trying to hit delays

I know it tedious but I need you to list the steps you are taking to rng your pkmn/and hitting you delay, as I still kinda confuse to what you are asking.

From the pev post, Im guessing you are trying to hit the delay.

If your calibrated delay is not the same as the target delay, you will need to use a timer.

If your calibrated delay is the same as the target delay
*1. Set your ds on the target date
*2. Start the game and save, then turn it back off
*Note- these steps arent manadtory but it eases the process.

3.a Find you reset time
ie
reset = target sec - calibrated sec

3. Set you ds to be 1 min before the target time
4. Start the game immediately
5. Soft reset you ds on the reset time and quickly press A until you enter the world. When you press A to enter the world, you delay is set.

If your calibrated delay is not the same as the target delay
1. Use a timer ie pikatimer or eontimer
2. Enter the calibrated delay, second, and target delay and second in the correct spot.

3. Simultaneously Set you ds to be min the timer till you, ie 1 min = set the time 1 min off from the target delay and start the timer.

4. Start the game immediately

5. Soft reset you ds when the first timer reach zero
6. Press A on the continue screen, the blue screen, when the second timer is zero.

7. Check you delay, if you delay is constantly off, then enter the delay you keep hitting the the update box.

Does this help?

Maybe i'm saying bullshits, but when i calibrate the DP RNG, (as shown in this pic)

Delay is the delay i hit, and seconds are the actual seconds when i press A on the Continue screen?
Just go to one of the lakes where there are no NPCs for your Golduck/Psyduck. So much easier...

Never did manage to figure out why I got the extra frames when trying to get the Bold Uxie previously mentioned, but I’ve since managed to get a different spread on different seed etc.

1. Do you have a bold pokemon with sync in as the leader?
2. Are you using method J?
3. Did you save standing extremely close to uxie?,yes you did
4. You are just doing 219 then pressing A right?, yes, you did
5. When you open the journal, does the "capture/caught pokemon" page appears first?

Just notice something, the frame 450 with the iv and nature only appear on method 1. Under method j its on 447. On Method J on 450 it should be Serious 0/2/19/22/4/26.
I wasn’t using a Sync, but was using Method J (I did forget to change the search option on RNGReporter to J when trying to figure out where I went wrong, as you noted. However, the ‘capture/defeated’ message was NOT on the first page of my journal: I had to flip about 3 before I’d find that message – is that what would have done it? I hadn’t read that anything in the journal other than ‘capture/defeated’ messages would alter the frame…

Having said that, the main change I made before successfully RNGing was ensuring that both the first 2 pages in my Journal had a ‘capture/defeat’ message on them, and just flipping between them.

Anyway, my next goal is to RNG a nice spread Mesprit. I haven’t RNGed a roamer before, and just want to check my facts before I screw up (sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the 1000+ pages on this thread already, but I couldn’t find it).

If I understand correctly, it will be essentially the same process as for a stationary legendary, EXCEPT:

• I use Method 1 instead of Method J
  • I use 5 Monster Frames instead of 1
  • I won’t be able to catch it straight away to ensure I got the RNG advancement right
So once I’ve managed to hit the right seed and advance the RNG to the appropriate frame, I can press A on Mesprit, it will run off, complete with a good Nature/Ivs having been generated.

Should I then save the game, prior to catching? If I save, and I stuffed up the RNG advancement, I’ll be stuck with a bad spread. But if I save and I got the advancement right, I won’t have to worry about hitting on the correct seed again.

Look forward to your thoughts!

Never did manage to figure out why I got the extra frames when trying to get the Bold Uxie previously mentioned, but I’ve since managed to get a different spread on different seed etc.

I wasn’t using a Sync, but was using Method J (I did forget to change the search option on RNGReporter to J when trying to figure out where I went wrong, as you noted. However, the ‘capture/defeated’ message was NOT on the first page of my journal: I had to flip about 3 before I’d find that message – is that what would have done it?As long the other pages did not said capture or defeated poke, no I hadn’t read that anything in the journal other than ‘capture/defeated’ messages would alter the frame…

Having said that, the main change I made before successfully RNGing was ensuring that both the first 2 pages in my Journal had a ‘capture/defeat’ message on them, and just flipping between them.

Anyway, my next goal is to RNG a nice spread Mesprit. I haven’t RNGed a roamer before, and just want to check my facts before I screw up (sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the 1000+ pages on this thread already, but I couldn’t find it).

If I understand correctly, it will be essentially the same process as for a stationary legendary, EXCEPT:

• I use Method 1 instead of Method J,yes
  • I use 5 Monster Frames instead of 1,yes
  • I won’t be able to catch it straight away to ensure I got the RNG advancement right, basically right, if your just gonna catch it, after you rng it you can track it down immediately w/o saving to see if you hit the right seed.
So once I’ve managed to hit the right seed and advance the RNG to the appropriate frame, I can press A on Mesprit, it will run off, complete with a good Nature/Ivs having been generated.If you hit the seed yes

Should I then save the game, prior to catching? If I save, and I stuffed up the RNG advancement, I’ll be stuck with a bad spread. But if I save and I got the advancement right, I won’t have to worry about hitting on the correct seed again.right, but as I previously stated, you can immediately catch it after you rng it. If you save it after you did the advancement, then you will be stuck with the seed.

Look forward to your thoughts!
IIRC, if you faint a legendary on platinum and beat the e4, they will appear back at their location.

i've created a savestate after hit my delay (587), and another savestate with 14.262 frame. The target is 14.268, but i can't hit it. I called Elm 6 time, but nothing...
This is my spread:
Seed: 960102ae - ID: 26368 SID: 24650 - 12.268 frame, method k synch timid - 31/31/30/30/31/30 hp fire 70

1. No, i've killed all
2. Yes, i put +-2 second and +-80 delay..
3. Yes, i used Pikatimer for 587 delay, and radioseed for frame..
4. There is only me, Latios and Steven.
5. I've created a savestate while I'am in Pokegear savestate screen.

however, i'm using a flashcard and i've check iv code active.
But for roamer Latias there were no problems with this seed..
i don't know why you pick a seed with very high frame that really awful to advance that frame.
you can use "B1150781" very low frame 35 (sync) but i bit higher delay 1910
but that no problem to hit delay if use 2 stage timer.

another since you RNG with FC, i think you better RNG on emulator
why? because you don't need to use timer just use save state

OK and for you problem that because NPC on Pewter City, after advance frame you need you talk to Lati@s fast as you can.

And if that not work. can you check IV (with bold) you get than check RNG reporter which frame is it.

after getting a basic grasp on gen5 rng, i thought i'd restart platinum and try my luck at gen4.

in regards to giratina, are the nature and iv's set in the distortion world when you first face it. or can i defeat it in the distortion world and nature and iv's will be reset when i face it in turnback cave?

i haven't done all my calibrations and stuff yet. i was hoping to get to further in the game to calibrate with higher leveled pokemon so i didn't have to continually rarecandy them up to check iv's.

after getting a basic grasp on gen5 rng, i thought i'd restart platinum and try my luck at gen4.

in regards to giratina, are the nature and iv's set in the distortion world when you first face it. or can i defeat it in the distortion world and nature and iv's will be reset when i face it in turnback cave?

i haven't done all my calibrations and stuff yet. i was hoping to get to further in the game to calibrate with higher leveled pokemon so i didn't have to continually rarecandy them up to check iv's.
Question 1 no
Question 2 yes

In SS, if I immediately sweet scent, will that pokemon be frame 1? Sounds stupid, but I have yet to do a capture in this outside of stationarys.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's either frame 2 or 3. Whatever you end up getting is what it will always be for later sweet scent captures.

Will give it ago another time, because what I want to capture, turns out doesn't appear in the encounter slots for my shiny spread >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 15)