Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So say for example I'm breeding, aiming for a Non-Split spread on a certain frame, but I keep hitting a Split Spread on that frame. If I keep at it (without removing the parents and regenerating the egg), I should eventually hit the Non-Split spread, correct?
Eventually, yeah.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
So say for example I'm breeding, aiming for a Non-Split spread on a certain frame, but I keep hitting a Split Spread on that frame. If I keep at it (without removing the parents and regenerating the egg), I should eventually hit the Non-Split spread, correct?
I find the best way to escape the split spread is to just make another save w/o picking up the egg. Idk how long you should wait though.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm trying to catch some pokemon from the bug contest but I cant figure out the encounter slots, I always get the right IVs and nature but not the species. Could anyone help me with that?

Can you only advance the PIDRNG frame by calling youngster joey or are there other methods? (On Soul Silver btw)
Well, in Gen 4 there is no "PIDRNG", there's only one RNG that controls the IVs and PID.

Unless you're talking about breeding. If you are, I'm pretty sure Joey is the only way since Elm controls IVs.

Well, in Gen 4 there is no "PIDRNG", there's only one RNG that controls the IVs and PID.

Unless you're talking about breeding. If you are, I'm pretty sure Joey is the only way since Elm controls IVs.
So that means you can only phone youngster joey to advance the RNG frame by 2 meaning it's impossible to hit even frames, right?

EDIT: I'm talking about Soul Silver Breeding btw

So that means you can only phone youngster joey to advance the RNG frame by 2 meaning it's impossible to hit even frames, right?

EDIT: I'm talking about Soul Silver Breeding btw
Yep, pretty much. Which kind of sucks... but in Gen 4 breeding it's pretty easy to find seeds, so it's not too big of a problem.

Use a timer it will expand your range greatly and give you more to choose from.

Also to advance by 1 just accept or refuse an egg when the daycare man is holding one, so if you have a frame of 4, 1 joey call then refuse/accept the first egg and the next one should be on frame 4(things like people calling you on the phone can mess with this so be careful).

Use a timer it will expand your range greatly and give you more to choose from.

Also to advance by 1 just accept or refuse an egg when the daycare man is holding one, so if you have a frame of 4, 1 joey call then refuse/accept the first egg and the next one should be on frame 4(things like people calling you on the phone can mess with this so be careful).
Thanks so much, I found a few seeds that had even frames so this should help me now!

I need a little help. I am trying to catch a Hasty Palkia with near-flawless IVs (30-31/30-31/x/30-31/30-31/30-31 or have each one be about 30s or 31s) in my Platinum game. The target seed is 2611026F on Frame 4, with a delay of 611 (my average delay range is between 596 and 624). I did not bother to verify my seed, because the frame was so low (as opposed to something with two-digits, in which case I would have definitely verified the seed with coin flips).
I caught Palkia easily and got the right nature, probably because I had a Hasty Umbreon in front, and set the sych nature box in RNG reporter to Hasty. However, the IVs were pretty bad: 28/0/6/12/3/12. I did "find seed by stats" to see what I got wrong, and this is apparently what I hit: 26110266, with 37 as the seconds value and a delay of 602. My target time was 01-01-2012 on 17:00:37, so I hit the target time correctly. I have one roamer and Palkia's monster frame is 1, so 4-1-1= 2 advances, and the journal opens as soon as the game starts saying "Dugtrio was caught (DAY)", so I figure that automatically would do my required advance and I could just go for the catch.
There's more to this conundrum: my exact same target seed is not only on frame 4, but frame 2 as well, with the same PID (458FD5CE), IV spread, everything! I got a close result all right and hit my target time, but what did I do wrong?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I need a little help. I am trying to catch a Hasty Palkia with near-flawless IVs (30-31/30-31/x/30-31/30-31/30-31 or have each one be about 30s or 31s) in my Platinum game. The target seed is 2611026F on Frame 4, with a delay of 611 (my average delay range is between 596 and 624). I did not bother to verify my seed, because the frame was so low (as opposed to something with two-digits, in which case I would have definitely verified the seed with coin flips).
I caught Palkia easily and got the right nature, probably because I had a Hasty Umbreon in front, and set the sych nature box in RNG reporter to Hasty. However, the IVs were pretty bad: 28/0/6/12/3/12. I did "find seed by stats" to see what I got wrong, and this is apparently what I hit: 26110266, with 37 as the seconds value and a delay of 602. My target time was 01-01-2012 on 17:00:37, so I hit the target time correctly. I have one roamer and Palkia's monster frame is 1, so 4-1-1= 2 advances, and the journal opens as soon as the game starts saying "Dugtrio was caught (DAY)", so I figure that automatically would do my required advance and I could just go for the catch.
There's more to this conundrum: my exact same target seed is not only on frame 4, but frame 2 as well, with the same PID (458FD5CE), IV spread, everything! I got a close result all right and hit my target time, but what did I do wrong?
you're not hitting your delay. I would say that you should use eontimer to have more accurate results. Also, you hit an even delay when your target delay is odd, you would need to change the year.

What's the average delay for RNGing an ID/SID combo in Platinum? I know it's around 5500-6000 in HG/SS. I couldn't find this on the first page anywhere, so yeah.

when you press a to exit the tv screen to go to the world

warning
the tv take some time before you be able to press a'
youll need to be at the tv at least roughly 20 sec before the second timer end

Alright. At which exact moment is the ID/SID combo generated?
After you exit the TV your ID/SID combo is generated. There's only one screen, so once you get to the TV you just have to wait for your second timer to end. Keep in mind that for a few seconds, pressing A won't do anything so get to the TV asap!

Btw, I think 6500 - 8000 is a good range for Pt, you don't have to go as high as 7000 (Iirc). Maybe 6500 is too low but I don't think it is :]

Edit: Ninja'd :P

Edit 2: You don't have to be at the TV with 20 spare seconds, I think 10-15 seconds is enough. ;)

Im going to abuse roamers in HG with Post-E4 method. Ive done Pre-E4, so im familiar with it. Im just thinking, that if i have lets say Raikou and Entei roaming, to verify my seed. Then when i release the Lati would it start at frame 11 or frame 1?

Im going to abuse roamers in HG with Post-E4 method. Ive done Pre-E4, so im familiar with it. Im just thinking, that if i have lets say Raikou and Entei roaming, to verify my seed. Then when i release the Lati would it start at frame 11 or frame 1?
It would start at frame 3, assuming that you beat e4 after Lati has been ko'd.

Not yet, but doing it later when i have found a good seed :d And new small question, did calling Youngster Joey adv both IRNG and normal RNG by 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)