Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a problem with trophy Garden. I want to get an Eevee in my Platinum.
I hit my delay, my frame is 48, I do 23 journal flips, Sweet Scent and I meet Pichu with wrong IVs instead of Eevee. The Trophy Garden owner said he saw an Eevee this morning so it should be there on encounter slot 6. Does anyone know what's going on O.o

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a problem with trophy Garden. I want to get an Eevee in my Platinum.
I hit my delay, my frame is 48, I do 23 journal flips, Sweet Scent and I meet Pichu with wrong IVs instead of Eevee. The Trophy Garden owner said he saw an Eevee this morning so it should be there on encounter slot 6. Does anyone know what's going on O.o
Wrong IVs tells you all. You missed your seed, or your frame.

Hi sorry if this is noob question just started rng 4th gen i've done wondercards on my game cart now I'm after uxie etc when using rng reporter my question is i've read that i use method-method J encounter slot-stationary pokemon but i'm unsure on how to use synchronise frames as none of the frames are coming up as synchable? I have ticked box in 4/5th time finder that says synchronize frames only and tried listing natures in synch nature either none or actually selecting a nature eg bold but still no are showing even with frame 1-150 and delay 620-650 with 30+/-/30+/30+/30+/30+ any ideas what i'm doing wrong

All right, so in Emerald, I have a Male Torkoal that knows Curse in the Daycare, and a female Torkoal. I get a Torkoal that doesn't know Curse. What's the problem?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
All right, so in Emerald, I have a Male Torkoal that knows Curse in the Daycare, and a female Torkoal. I get a Torkoal that doesn't know Curse. What's the problem?
It's a level-up move, not an egg move/TM. For level-up moves to pass on both parents must know it.

So, how do I get my Snorlax to learn Curse? If I put a female Snorlax and a male Torkoal with Curse in daycare, would I get a Curse Snorlax?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Really? I was under the impression that you needed to calibrate your delay and seconds before you could do anything.
The whole delay/second thing was a way things were done before they were fully understood. Even getting a consistent number from the process will give you relatively inaccurate results. Especially given the amount of work put into it. The earliest place you can really find out what seed you hit is after battling juggler Irwin. He also has 3 responses that line up with those of Elm so you won't need to wait for the other responses to become available. Anyway, just use the defaults and update as necessary.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the explanation. Just landed three shy of my target delay on the latest attempt, so I think I've pretty much got it down now.

Just thought about it

1. Rng'ing a feebas in r/s/e is impossible on cart, right?
because the frame set ehen the battle startt and a fish may or maynot nibble.

2. In FR/LG, If a reverse timer was made, it would make rnging slightly less miserable?

Just thought about it

1. Rng'ing a feebas in r/s/e is impossible on cart, right?
because the frame set ehen the battle startt and a fish may or maynot nibble
No, it's not impossible. You just have to put in the rod, get through all the ".... Oh! A bite!" or something like that, and wait at the message, "A Pokemon is on the hook!" Then, when the timer ends press A. If you get not even a nibble, just put the rod in again (unless you run out of time, then you have to reset). It's definitely possible. :)

No, it's not impossible. You just have to put in the rod, get through all the ".... Oh! A bite!" or something like that, and wait at the message, "A Pokemon is on the hook!" Then, when the timer ends press A. If you get not even a nibble, just put the rod in again (unless you run out of time, then you have to reset). It's definitely possible. :)
did not consider that, thanks
now i'll I have to do is find the tile :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)